S/D hahahahaha

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

Posted by: Amonatory.2453

Amonatory.2453

Congratulations Anet! I am officially done with this weapon set, I even tried to like it but it’s literally impossible with the steal bug and getting blocked doesnt proc larcenous. You guys have single handedly managed to kill an entire weapon set. To those who are still going to play it and say it’s good? More power to you bro haha, I for one am sick of the pointless nerfs. You guys turned a great weapon set into a complete evade spam no dps piece of kitten. I called it, but no one listened and what a surprise I was right.

I guess it was pointless to main that weapon set for over a year ahaha once again Anet. G kittening G.

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

It’s not even that bad, I tried it and it’s pretty fun to do a kitten ton of evading if you don’t hit, but if you hit you get a good amount of dmg and boonsteal. So imo its fine.

But if ur quitting S/D, I think that’s good cus there needs to be less perma evade S/D thieves out there. So…congrats?

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

Posted by: skyd.9678

skyd.9678

If you do a “kitten ton of evading” you run fast out of iniziative and that is not usefull…

R.I.P. thieves

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

Posted by: darres.8203

darres.8203

Congratulations Anet! I am officially done with this weapon set, I even tried to like it but it’s literally impossible with the steal bug and getting blocked doesnt proc larcenous. You guys have single handedly managed to kill an entire weapon set. To those who are still going to play it and say it’s good? More power to you bro haha, I for one am sick of the pointless nerfs. You guys turned a great weapon set into a complete evade spam no dps piece of kitten. I called it, but no one listened and what a surprise I was right.

I guess it was pointless to main that weapon set for over a year ahaha once again Anet. G kittening G.

my d/p is done too lol

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

Posted by: laquito.5269

laquito.5269

Blocks not proccing Larcenous indeed is a joke. Medi guards are basically unkillable now and they even got buffed with this patch. I don’t get why blocks shouldn’t toggle larcenous strike, its a hit after all.

The updated version definitely has it’s advantages, but this is ridiculous. Larcenous strike either has to proc on a block, or should be toggled for more than 3 seconds. Any eng with toolkit will just laugh at your attempts to damage him while he is sitting behind his 4s shieldblock.

Retired GW2 Player

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

It’s not even that bad, I tried it and it’s pretty fun to do a kitten ton of evading if you don’t hit, but if you hit you get a good amount of dmg and boonsteal. So imo its fine.

But if ur quitting S/D, I think that’s good cus there needs to be less perma evade S/D thieves out there. So…congrats?

It used to cost 3 per evade which gives you 5 evades in a 15 init bar. Now, it give 3 evades — how’s that for a “kitten ton of evading”?

Probably do the math first?

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

Yuo should reroll to dp.
Oh wait, you can’t even BP→HS→Steal into the enemy anymore.

We should all roll condi mesmer and get done with this game, honestly

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Yuo should reroll to dp.
Oh wait, you can’t even BP->HS->Steal into the enemy anymore.

Psh, I’m gonna revive my GW1 Ranger trapper build here in GW2.

Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

Posted by: Amonatory.2453

Amonatory.2453

Yuo should reroll to dp.

Psh, I’m gonna revive my GW1 Ranger trapper build here in GW2.

Was going to reroll mes then I got hit with an engi insta cast reveal, now im debating.

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

Posted by: Milo Rock.2457

Milo Rock.2457

I was optimistic, even considered this a buff… but the patch hit… I really can’t understand the logic behind this, S/D was just fine as it was, I had my chance against tanky warriors, medi guards, and other builds I never dreamed of beating as D/D, D/P. Oh well… I’ll just join the cheese side and roll P/D now (which I’m sure will just get nerfed soon enough…)

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

Posted by: Delta Blues.8507

Delta Blues.8507

I’ll just join the cheese side and roll P/D now (which I’m sure will just get nerfed soon enough…)

nah, ANET loves condies too much

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

Posted by: AzureFantasy.1394

AzureFantasy.1394

now performing a burst on s/d weapon set is highly limited and s/d thieves get higher chance to get a burst by patient players who know when flanking strike hits, it is out of its evade time.

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

Posted by: Milo Rock.2457

Milo Rock.2457

I’ll just join the cheese side and roll P/D now (which I’m sure will just get nerfed soon enough…)

I’m suspecting that what they really like is passive playing… nowadays a mesmer can equip staff/scepter clone the * out of himself and just kite = win… buff to guard’s spirit weapons? torment mesmer? nerf to S/D?
Maybe next patch will add the “auto-fight” option so you won’t even need to move, AI does it for you! FUN!

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

Posted by: AzureFantasy.1394

AzureFantasy.1394

I’m suspecting that what they really like is passive playing… nowadays a mesmer can equip staff/scepter clone the * out of himself and just kite = win… buff to guard’s spirit weapons? torment mesmer? nerf to S/D?
Maybe next patch will add the “auto-fight” option so you won’t even need to move, AI does it for you! FUN!

I have a feeling like this is a part of their strategy that is made intentionally to provide pvp guides to new players . Maybe they discovered the number of players has decreased.

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Yuo should reroll to dp.

Wait wtf did they do to this?

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

hihey.1075

Yuo should reroll to dp.

Wait wtf did they do to this?

First link in my signature

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

T raw.4658

Not home on phone can’t see

I’m guessing you can’t stealth using HS steal?

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

hihey.1075

If you use Heartseeker or Flanking Strike together with Steal, the steal will fail and will go on full CD without giving you any benefit.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

If you use Heartseeker or Flanking Strike together with Steal, the steal will fail and will go on full CD without giving you any benefit.

Except for the fact that from what I’m seeing in the video, you’re still right next to the enemy, meaning it succeeded, yet will not give you anything to use in the F1 slot.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

Posted by: Sergiu.3698

Sergiu.3698

or maybe u should learn something elses besides 3.3111.33.11 f1 etc.

twitch:enses_09

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

Posted by: Mordecai.6318

Mordecai.6318

because there is any other practical option. kitten off.

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

Posted by: Elitist.8701

Elitist.8701

GG Anet. I was looking at the patch notes on my way home today I thought maybe the patch would be nice and I could finally get to work on my Mesmer alt, but holy crap you destroyed the game for high tier PvPers. Thief is the worst class in the game at this point. Previously a good thief could beat 90% of builds but now it’s down to maybe 40% or less. Its ridiculous. Steal never hits, DP is trash, SD is trash, everything else has always been trash. I so badly wanna play this game but at this point the only options are Faceroll DD ele and 1 spam ranger.

- Teef Teef Teef Teef, you wont see this character in game ever again. Either re rolling mes or quitting the game.

Best Multiclass NA. RIP my beautiful Necromancer, such a shame. Retired, April 2015. GG Anet,
I’m not coming back, not that you care.

(edited by Elitist.8701)

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

Posted by: Shadowskill.9852

Shadowskill.9852

Its a shame, I was looking forward to coming back to GW2. Guess I’ll wait for the next patch before I decide whether to or not.

Though I did find a bit of good news today. Black Desert is getting an Eu/Na publisher so it looks like it should be released hopefully around the end of 2015.

Sadly still no word on Blade and Soul’s Na release………so sad.

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

hihey.1075

Except for the fact that from what I’m seeing in the video, you’re still right next to the enemy, meaning it succeeded, yet will not give you anything to use in the F1 slot.

The only thing that “succeeded” is the teleport.
Nearly every viable PvP build makes use of the Trickery traitline. More specifically, this is what happens when you land a steal:
you poison your enemy;
you damage your enemy (2k approx);
you heal yourself (2k approx);
you gain 2 initiative
you gain vigor and rip 2 boons to your enemies.
you daze your enemy
you get a stolen skill

None of these things happened in my video, because steal “failed”.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

I usually try not to jump on the “The sky is falling!” bandwagon after a patch, but this one feels particularly awful. It’ll take time to settle and really see the effects, but first impressions aren’t good.

Every burst build I meet has equal or better burst at range or insane sustain or both. Tanky builds don’t feel as onesided, though they generally last long enough for another player to mosey on over and turn it into a 2v1. I’ve tried D/P 60206, 06206 and 26006, as well as S/D 20066.

Black powder is now hideously overcosted, as it’s only good for a single blind and stealth access, all because standing outside a tiny circle was deemed too hard. The FS change is laughable.

Anet spent years chipping away at thief burst because it was just “too much for players to deal with”, then seem happy to give similar levels of burst to classes with access to real hard CC/immune skills/protection/stability/condition removal/much better sustain options.

Perhaps things will feel better once the Steal bug (trying to steal while executing any ability that moves you causes steal to miss and go on full cooldown) is fixed, or perhaps they’ve finally dropped thieves to the bottom of the barrel, but atm it feels silly to play a lowest HP/All active defenses class in this game when other classes can match your burst while also easily exceeding your sustain. Maybe in a year we’ll get the same treatment warrior got once they were finally fixed, or maybe a better balanced game will come along.

Here’s to hoping.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

Posted by: TheThiefMaster.3812

TheThiefMaster.3812

+1 to what Amon said , I’m done with sword dagger as well and possibly the class itself as with every patch they try to make it as unplayable as they possibly can.

Guild – BLNT , NS , oPP
IGN – Kinsz / Server – Sea of Sorrows
https://www.youtube.com/user/BLNTGw2

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

Posted by: Elmuerto.9840

Elmuerto.9840

Well if you’re playing thief it’s because you like things not to be easy. I just started playing P/D recently , hilarity. And not in a face rolling mesmer engineer way.

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

Posted by: Cam Ron.4170

Cam Ron.4170

Wow, +1 Amon. when I saw your post “They destroyed S/D” or whatever before the patch hit I thought maybe you were overreacting and its’ still be playable.

You were right I was wrong. This weapon set is absolute garbage now, it’s sooo hard to do damage. I never realized how often FS missed! It also might be one of the most telegraphed moves in the game.

They need to revert the #3 changes OR give a huge damage buff to the auto chain. This set doesn’t do enough damage.

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

Posted by: girien.1209

girien.1209

+1, Im done. With the thief and with the game.

Main: Thief
Alter: Thief, Thief, Thief, Thief, and… Wait for it… Thief

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Post your amazing game play videos. I’m sure everyone in this thread will learn from your elite play.

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

You were right I was wrong. This weapon set is absolute garbage now, it’s sooo hard to do damage. I never realized how often FS missed! It also might be one of the most telegraphed moves in the game.

now if only anet will admit this same thing

gerdian

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Well, last night I ended up going back to D/D in pvp. BPS is still ok, but autoattacks end up plowing through it and Mesmer clones and ranger pets kept intercepting headshot and shadowshot, so D/D with Traveler Runes, Daggerstorm, Devourer venom, smokescreen, and inf sig ended up with about the same level of success.

Look on the bright side: our options were expanded because there is no clear cut “better” options anymore. Everything is about the same level of mediocrity. (sarc if it wasn’t clear)

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

Posted by: Hybrid.7059

Hybrid.7059

Sweet changes. I was always mulling over the idea about wanting to play s/d or d/p. Turns out I no longer want to play Thief at all after this update.

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

Posted by: Grebcol.5984

Grebcol.5984

i have also stopped now to play this game. what a stupid bullkitten….. they nerved thiev into oblivion.

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Maybe they thought this would help with the influx of LB rangers spamming Rapid fire everywhere? I’m wondering what it was like before the FS/LS split, some of the nerfs were deserved like the boon stripping spam thanks to the elatively low init cost, after the April patch.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

finally we gonna see less tiffs

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

Posted by: Faeyd.5094

Faeyd.5094

Now I wonder.

Will the endless crying about thieves finally, finally end?

Somehow I doubt it

Tiger

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Now I wonder.

Somehow I doubt it

Me too……

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Eh, you might get a break for a bit … folk’re gonna cry like hell about Mesmer and LB Ranger for some time, it seems.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

Posted by: SuperSnail.4086

SuperSnail.4086

Thief literally got destroyed. P/d buffed again all the other sets that required skill werenerfed to the ground. The only thing i can say is GG anet for destroying an awesome class.

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

FS is too telegraphed and easy to miss
A-net definitely lowered the skill cap of noobs facing the thief.
Btw I refuse to roll mesmer or ranger now going for the easy road, I might quit or keep playing thief till I am the last one on this class

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

amon got banned for being too realistic with anet but he wants you guys to know he agrees.

gerdian

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

T raw.4658

Now I wonder.

Somehow I doubt it

Nope i was out today and killed an engi 1v1 only to get the usual thief hate afterwards. Same with mesmer and ranger.

The hate will never stop

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

Posted by: Cam Ron.4170

Cam Ron.4170

Now I wonder.

Somehow I doubt it

Nope i was out today and killed an engi 1v1

Post patch? Pics or didnt happen

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

Nope i was out today and killed an engi 1v1 only to get the usual thief hate afterwards. Same with mesmer and ranger.

Was he afk?

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Now I wonder.

Somehow I doubt it

Nope i was out today and killed an engi 1v1

Post patch? Pics or didnt happen

Possible I prefer condition thief in PvP despite the hate and conquest I still kill the same don’t know for zerkers tough….

Reaveled last 3 sec now I believe…..

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

T raw.4658

It happened but the players prolly had the intellect of a special needs child.

They were BAD beyond belief….interestingly enough they didn’t enjoy being informed about their lack of personal skill. The engi went so far as to say we weren’t nerfed that bad at all lol

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

Posted by: Elmuerto.9840

Elmuerto.9840

This is hilarity indeed a ranger just rapid fired me to death in about 3 seconds, meanwhile I’m sitting with my P/D think kitten this combo just stinks. To hear S/D now stinks too is highly encouraging.

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

This is hilarity indeed a ranger just rapid fired me to death in about 3 seconds, meanwhile I’m sitting with my P/D think kitten this combo just stinks. To hear S/D now stinks too is highly encouraging.

Obviously you didn’t took the now godly Ricochet and the ever valuable Needle Trap. And change to P/P to counter the Ranger’s longbow’s 1200 range with your now awsome 1050 range pistol. Unload away.

S/D hahahahaha

in Thief

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

i think im gonna change builds by playing a different game

it’ll undoubtedly be weeks before the steal bug gets fixed (because it’s not a bug that lets people get gold without artificial timegates), and my favorite weaponset will continue to be targeted for no reason.

i genuinely tried to be optimistic from launch, but i can see why everyone quits now and why this game has lost the vast majority of it’s population in just two years: mediocre pve, careless “balancing”, anet’s complete disconnect from the community, and a rapidly worsening pvp environment.