S/D playable after HoT hits?

in Thief

Posted by: lancer.8730

lancer.8730

Q:

Hi all, was wondering if S/D thief will be playable with new daredevil set? Will it be buffed? Can compete with D/P as of now?

the reason is i am about to make my first legendary and i am thinking about sword. but for now, i dont use sword at all in everything (pve/pvp/wvw).

So plz, anyone can let me know about the the future for S/D thief, mainly in pvp and wvw Roaming.

thanks a lot~~~

in Thief

Posted by: Xovian.8572

Xovian.8572

No ones gonna be able to tell you that based on beta weekends alone.
Wait and see, and test it yourself (which even after release is always subject to change).

in Thief

Posted by: lancer.8730

lancer.8730

was wondering maybe some pro players can tell now…but thanks anyway!

in Thief

Posted by: Tarkan.5609

Tarkan.5609

Could be viable yeah, thinking about DA/TR/DD and Shadow Step, Fist Flurry, Bandit’s Defense… based on the BWE’s that seemed pretty nice for 1v1s and with Bounding Dodger you got some more Damage, which I always missed a bit on S/D compared to Dagger MH builds

PvP, Teef & Engi

in Thief

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

I forsee s/d onlychoice after hot. Fist reason s/d has better utilities: teleport, condie removal, stealth from dagger. Secondly shawdow trait line will be garbage due to the fact, that enemy will always reveal you (revenant dragon or gyro reveal). Stealth rezer no longer will be viable. New meta will be daredevil s/d.

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

in Thief

Posted by: Xovian.8572

Xovian.8572

I forsee s/d onlychoice after hot. Fist reason s/d has better utilities: teleport, condie removal, stealth from dagger. Secondly shawdow trait line will be garbage due to the fact, that enemy will always reveal you (revenant dragon or gyro reveal). Stealth rezer no longer will be viable. New meta will be daredevil s/d.

I’ll be sure to quote you on this later, cause I’m calling BS.
One weekend of testing and we KNOW things are being changed based on feedback plus additional changes the Dev team already reported. Pure conjecture is all any one can give and its going to be flawed currently, cause it’s going to change by next Beta weekend.

/eyeroll

in Thief

Posted by: Mefiq.7039

Mefiq.7039

Daredevil as it was on beta event is a joke so s/d wont make huge comeback unless they buff lance strike to steal 2 boons, Daredevil will give you 1 thing new, ability to go pistol offhand stealth build. So P/P would get invis and S/P would get invis. Still S/P is nowhere near beeing viable again cuz of dmg nerf and p/p always were and always will be insanely bad.

1Thing i tested hard as daredevil and s/d if you roll noncrit build with soldier amulet and take trait that gives you 2k flat dmg on rupt you can basicly make rly fun stealth s/d build that rupts enemy for dmg. Same goes for S/P with crit build and spaming Headshot for 2k dmg (cheap 2k dmg).

Not to mention only way to play s/d in beta was to not get any grandmaster traits…

“Im speaker of Truth” – Mefiq.7039 2015

in Thief

Posted by: Arlowslol.1974

Arlowslol.1974

Daredevil will be another toys for thief.

Shadow Arts is the best defense trait for thief, and d/p still be the best weapon.

so s/d wont change the meta , d/p is the only choice.

in Thief

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

It’s extremely unlikely that any scrappers will be running the gyro elite. The rev’s skill might be a problem, although if they choose to use that skill a lot, they won’t be able to use other skills as frequently (remember, revenants have to keep track of energy as well as cooldowns).

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

It’s probably going to see the same level of playability as right now if nothing else changes to any of the other lines. Currently you can play S/D if you use pretty much only offensive lines. Use the old 2/6/0/0/6 as your model rather than 2/0/0/6/6. That said, it’s not easy, but at least it’s fun.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Kocoff.7582

Kocoff.7582

I tried S/D with Daredevil specs and it was amazingly smooth. The sustain was gorgeous and the synergy with endurance just makes S/D so much more fun.

I tried Staff/ SB, S/P Staff, S/D , Staff but wow S/D SB was just too smooth. Wait until BWE3 and you’ ll see for yourself.

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

in Thief

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

S/D with Daredevil isn’t clearly better than S/D with Critical Strikes, so I don’t see a whole lot changing.

in Thief

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

S/D Daredevil is extremely good. If you play it correctly you can be pretty unstoppable. Has a lot of utility with good sustained dmg and some burst. Also has nice defenses. I can definitely see it becoming a meta build for a bruiser/1v1er thief. (Granted, 1v1er is what a thief was intended to be in the first place, but I’m just happy that theyre at least giving us something good now.)

in Thief

Posted by: Arlowslol.1974

Arlowslol.1974

S/D Daredevil is extremely good. If you play it correctly you can be pretty unstoppable. Has a lot of utility with good sustained dmg and some burst. Also has nice defenses. I can definitely see it becoming a meta build for a bruiser/1v1er thief. (Granted, 1v1er is what a thief was intended to be in the first place, but I’m just happy that theyre at least giving us something good now.)

sd wont beat SA dp in 1v1

end of story.

in Thief

Tarkan.5609

It’s extremely unlikely that any scrappers will be running the gyro elite. The rev’s skill might be a problem, although if they choose to use that skill a lot, they won’t be able to use other skills as frequently (remember, revenants have to keep track of energy as well as cooldowns).

to activate the reveal, revenant only have to sacrifice
a) 2 energy (5 energy/s recharge rate, thats nothing)
b) if it’s active already, perma fury
given that most revenants will probably have other ways of getting some fury as well, it actually isn’t much of a deal for them to reveal us thieves… they don’t have to take any specific trait/skill like engi/ranger, most will run herald anyway (and that’s not because of the reveal)

PvP, Teef & Engi

in Thief

Posted by: Mefiq.7039

Mefiq.7039

Trick with revenant is that if they spec for herald they are forced to use this reveal skill, its not engi lock on that has to take 1 trait or another. Played as herald and i must say, this skill is meant to destroy thief, close range instant cast stunbreak that gives you revealt even if your not in stealth. that means I CAN easily make you waste time trying to restealth when i autoattack and 3 on sword on ya. Thief nowadays without stealth is nothing. Anet nerfed survi and dmg of thief cuz they have stealth, tied our only good hp regen to stealth, and gave almost every other class ways to counter it hard.

“Im speaker of Truth” – Mefiq.7039 2015

in Thief

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

With HoT i think we’ll get new legendaries, so u should wait

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in Thief

Posted by: Lettuce.2945

Lettuce.2945

Yea, it’ll be very viable and I suspect more viable than d/p in spvp.

in Thief

Tarkan.5609

Yea, it’ll be very viable and I suspect more viable than d/p in spvp.

i doubt that, i still see how d/p DA/SA/TR could be better than S/D or D/P with DD

PvP, Teef & Engi