S/P Thief

S/P Thief

in Thief

Posted by: CobraStrike.9720

CobraStrike.9720

This used to be my favorite combo a couple years ago… Has anyone had any luck with this weapon set in any capacity in any game mode recently? Never hear it mentioned….ever.

Used to be waaay fun in WvW and PvP.

S/P Thief

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

testing it now in pvp
still harder than d/p and as immobilize on most classes is reduced or immune its hard to land PW
if PW didnt root you it was the best weapon set i think

S/P Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Scapper.4236

Scapper.4236

Hello there, I have been testing and having so much fun with a build recently. (roaming in wvw)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAsaVn8lCFmilOBePB8PhFYCzLMcGaDzhwTYLULBEA2NA-TVCFABppPAJlcXpEMJlDxv/wCHCAAeCAFq+zDnAASBYuOL-w

Lots of haste on opener, Pistol whip, is hard to land yes, but it is a low stealth build and like all sw builds requires a disengage. This build can also run away very well with the Sw 2 mechanic, but if you land the burst it’s great. Also the amount of interrupts complement the Pulmonary Impact trait and since it is low stealth it doesn’t really affect the build, much. Try it in a 1v1/2 sorta situation in wvw (roaming) and tell me what you think. Cheers

S/P Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Anymoify.8132

Anymoify.8132

I have been using it since balance patch, i must say i’ve had much fun and succes with it. I got trick acro daredevil i take bound and pulamory impact, condi clear with acrobatics and sword 2, impairing dagers precast PW is my combo. Still needs a little bit of polish but i guess i could get me to diamond easily next season.

S/P Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Helys Vikonas.9125

Helys Vikonas.9125

I run a custom made S/P + D/P build in WvW, which works pretty decently. It requires you to switch between both sets depending on opponents / combat situations, but that way you can get some stealth, and it does makes for some nice bursts, especially the pistol whip + steal opener. That is, if you’re ready to drop the shortbow.
It prolly isn’t the most efficient build to run, due to S/P’s shortcomings, but it’s fun to play. Facetanking some enemies who don’t know how to react immediately to your attack is funny.

Still, chaining sword 2 and steal feels sorta clunky since that steal patch (the one in which they started by making it unusable without a target). Can’t say anet is really promoting the weaponset.

S/P Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Scapper.4236

Scapper.4236

What would be a nice QoL change for Pistol Whip if it behaved the same as Blurred Frenzy for mesmer and actually tracked the direction of the player, and not just sometimes randomly find yourself slashing in the air, i mean so many classes have these weird channelled skill for a thief in stealth which always insta down you, Rapid Fire, Mesmer AA, Druid Staff 1 spam. Why this skill can’t get just this target tracking ability is my question.