S/d Condi needs to go

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Take a simple a direct example.

Match up S/d power against S/d condition.

S/d power traits acro for steal Reset , the 10 percent sword bonus and the revamped Don’t stop. This along with DA and TR which just happens to be my existing power build.

There simply no way that a person traiting condition sword of equal skill can defeat this build. S/d is just too limited condition wise. Due to swiftness add to Sword 2 everytime a power user uses 2 he is going to remove any movement impairing condition AND remove another condition. With impairing conditions 80 percent lowered baseline Immob will rarely if ever remain on an SD user.

All of the s/d condtion builds other major condition sources are on long ICDS be they from the steal with BA and Serpents , or utilities like impairing daggers or a venom.

PR alone is on a lower cooldown and will peel these off. The combination of these two skills alone will make it hard to maintain conditions on said player and Utility slots for condition cleanses have not even been used yet. The s/d condition player can not maintain condition pressure against said build because there are just not enough condtion sources in the build that are not tied to long ICD skills/

Every s/d power user is likley to trait SOA as well. This has three cleanses on an ICD not much higher then the Condition builds steal Cooldown. This is still not the full complement of sources of cleanse a s/d power user can trait for. Withdraw without any beneficial traits removes 4 more conditions.

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

the problem is not with s/d condi. rather the group composition.

if my group sees s/d condi thief and not even 1 person target it (like our thief d/p said he cant handle him) than the thief has easy life spamming poison with his sb and focus more on group fight with his necro buddy to cover all the conditions.

its like with power base build. if you let the thief do his thing he will.

good thief will target the support class to harass him to prevent him to support or to use his cd. no matter if its power or condi.

i cannot do 1v1 versus s/d thief condi or power as i will go down eventually. thus your team must to help to remove the pressure.

in pvp where its contest game also thief can kill or push off the point (if you let him do it freely) any ranger, ele, warrior, engi, guard, rev and mesmer. maybe he wont be able to kill them but at least push them off point to decap it. will it be the smart choice? not at all as he can +1 elsewhere.

maybe they are bit too strong atm in their dueling part but this is what they good at.

although i hate thieves atm

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Could you do more damage with power? Sure but let’s look at the requirements for doing that say, on power s/d: Every skill has to hit AND crit, can’t afford having it blocked,

Fun fact Condi skills have to hit as well, and can’t be blocked as well, otherwise no damage is applied. And let’s not forget the Condi damage can be mitigated completely with Resistance and through proper cleansing. And let’s not forget the cover Condis are completely shut down by any form of projectile hate which makes the main damaging condition very easily manageable, and the build relies on blowing semi long cd a Dodge multiple Ini Attacks and a stem to do the Burst damage. That alone is a lot of resources used for a Burst but hey some people in this thread try to claim one Steal and a Dodge is all it takes to kill everyone. But I understand that in this game some players die to 1 spammers. Can’t balance around everyone.

Actually you just have to properly use your skills to outplay everything you just named. Basi venom will stop a block cold and allow you to lay down a ton of condi that need to be cleansed. If used on Inf strike to break the block and then u dodge. By the time human reaction time catches up and they stun break they’ve already eaten your damage; whereas, Basi > Inf strike > Flanking > Larc any decent player would have stun broke and evaded ur main damage.

As for projectile hate yes that’s a thing but it doesn’t stop the Inf Strike & caltrops which is where most of the damage comes from. Also Steal goes through the projectile hate and that is 5 confusion & 3 more stacks of poison. This is how I was able to dismantle Chaith of all people.

I think the people who are arguing against this need to PM me so we can set up a live demonstration. Until then we’ll have to move forward with the understanding that most people do not have any experience with the build in discussion. I will also explain exactly how it works & why the synergy works so well so people can fully understand why this build is over tuned.

Oh so Power can’t use Basi Venom at all? Since I was disputing the claim that apparently Condis don’t have to hit to apply damage as the post I quoted.

And I already proved to a top 70 player last season that claimed it was OP by thrashing him over 20 times and died once to it.

And again there is tons of counter play to it though Cleanses, Resistance, projectile defense, blocks, Evades etc.

Which meta build/class did you use?

Used D/P daredevil with PI using Marauder Amulet the same build Berserker Amulet, then I used Core Thief using Berserker Amulet, then S/D Power using Marauder Amulet. then I used Menders Ele. I was gonna hop on to DH but that person was done losing over and over on the “OP” build.

Then he wasn’t very good at Thief.

Lol any excuse.

He was in the top 70 saying how he was beating top20+ players easily while I wasn’t even top 250. And if the build is so OP like people claim it is he should have been able to beat me, also I let him get his Condi Burst rotation of IS/Steal/Dodge/with spider Venom on me and i let it tick before cleansing it only ticked for 1k so OP much damage with all those conditions on me lol.

Every Meta and viable off Meta build has counters pre baked into them to counter the build easily, it gets shut down by any semi competent player.

I provide pictures as proof & you are just saying some random top 70 player you beat. Please by all means link the thread where he admits you whipped him or videos. Something b/c when you say his condi burst you let tick and it only did 1k damage when the poison ticks alone from Inf strike will hit you for 2k I kinda file this in the “Ok sure thing” pile.

My experience is very different from your tale.

Where again are these pictures? They aren’t in this thread as far as I can see lol. You haven’t posted anything that shows how OP s/d Thief is in the slightest all you posted was a screen shot of you being in Platinum, where are the pics or video showing how op it is?

I sadly didn’t record or screen shot the fights since all I was doing was showing that player how wrong they were and if I post their name I will get infracted so yeah.

1. Well known I dont thief
2. Posted Plat pic and I used nothing but s/d condi
3. You didn’t post a single shred of evidence

I’m waiting.

Thanks

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

Could you do more damage with power? Sure but let’s look at the requirements for doing that say, on power s/d: Every skill has to hit AND crit, can’t afford having it blocked,

Fun fact Condi skills have to hit as well, and can’t be blocked as well, otherwise no damage is applied. And let’s not forget the Condi damage can be mitigated completely with Resistance and through proper cleansing. And let’s not forget the cover Condis are completely shut down by any form of projectile hate which makes the main damaging condition very easily manageable, and the build relies on blowing semi long cd a Dodge multiple Ini Attacks and a stem to do the Burst damage. That alone is a lot of resources used for a Burst but hey some people in this thread try to claim one Steal and a Dodge is all it takes to kill everyone. But I understand that in this game some players die to 1 spammers. Can’t balance around everyone.

Actually you just have to properly use your skills to outplay everything you just named. Basi venom will stop a block cold and allow you to lay down a ton of condi that need to be cleansed. If used on Inf strike to break the block and then u dodge. By the time human reaction time catches up and they stun break they’ve already eaten your damage; whereas, Basi > Inf strike > Flanking > Larc any decent player would have stun broke and evaded ur main damage.

As for projectile hate yes that’s a thing but it doesn’t stop the Inf Strike & caltrops which is where most of the damage comes from. Also Steal goes through the projectile hate and that is 5 confusion & 3 more stacks of poison. This is how I was able to dismantle Chaith of all people.

I think the people who are arguing against this need to PM me so we can set up a live demonstration. Until then we’ll have to move forward with the understanding that most people do not have any experience with the build in discussion. I will also explain exactly how it works & why the synergy works so well so people can fully understand why this build is over tuned.

Oh so Power can’t use Basi Venom at all? Since I was disputing the claim that apparently Condis don’t have to hit to apply damage as the post I quoted.

And I already proved to a top 70 player last season that claimed it was OP by thrashing him over 20 times and died once to it.

And again there is tons of counter play to it though Cleanses, Resistance, projectile defense, blocks, Evades etc.

Used D/P daredevil with PI using Marauder Amulet the same build Berserker Amulet, then I used Core Thief using Berserker Amulet, then S/D Power using Marauder Amulet. then I used Menders Ele. I was gonna hop on to DH but that person was done losing over and over on the “OP” build.

Lol any excuse.

He was in the top 70 saying how he was beating top20+ players easily while I wasn’t even top 250. And if the build is so OP like people claim it is he should have been able to beat me, also I let him get his Condi Burst rotation of IS/Steal/Dodge/with spider Venom on me and i let it tick before cleansing it only ticked for 1k so OP much damage with all those conditions on me lol.

Every Meta and viable off Meta build has counters pre baked into them to counter the build easily, it gets shut down by any semi competent player.

I provide pictures as proof & you are just saying some random top 70 player you beat. Please by all means link the thread where he admits you whipped him or videos. Something b/c when you say his condi burst you let tick and it only did 1k damage when the poison ticks alone from Inf strike will hit you for 2k I kinda file this in the “Ok sure thing” pile.

Where again are these pictures? They aren’t in this thread as far as I can see lol. You haven’t posted anything that shows how OP s/d Thief is in the slightest all you posted was a screen shot of you being in Platinum, where are the pics or video showing how op it is?

I sadly didn’t record or screen shot the fights since all I was doing was showing that player how wrong they were and if I post their name I will get infracted so yeah.

I’m waiting.

Thanks

You posted Plat pic with zero shred of evidence of being on a Thief for all those matches, even if you placed Plat with it doesn’t mean it’s OP. Any competent player can place Plat .
Again no proof was posted of how OP it is yet you say you posted pics of how OP Thief is.

I’m waiting.

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

Azukas.1426

Lol any excuse.

I’m waiting.

Thanks

You posted Plat pic with zero shred of evidence of being on a Thief for all those matches, even if you placed Plat with it doesn’t mean it’s OP. Any competent player can place Plat .
Again no proof was posted of how OP it is yet you say you posted pics of how OP Thief is.

I’m waiting.

I suck at thief. I dont play thief. In fact I’ve said this from day 1 on this forum.

The simple fact I can perform with the build is telling enough.

You’re very defensive about this and condi thief in general. Why?

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

Sly.9518

snip

Snip

snip

Lol any excuse.

I’m waiting.

Thanks

I’m waiting.

I suck at thief. I dont play thief. In fact I’ve said this from day 1 on this forum.

Again there is nothing showing you played hose placement matches on Thief at all, you could have played on your Mesmer and swapped over to Thief to take the Screen shot, not so far fetched of an idea. And again anyone that competent at Pvp in general can place platinum, hell las season I placed Plat 2 on D/D power just due to season Prior rating Inflation helping the placement.

Not defensive just stating that the build is far from OP and pointing out the obvious bias people have towards certain style of play/builds, since you know the build has to land the Burst which multiple defensive options pre baked into Meta builds to stop and to keep the Condis applied again multiple counters pre baked into the Meta builds to stop, I play Mara D/P because it doesn’t get completely shutdown by most Meta builds that are commonly played.

So instead of trying to claim to post proof when you clearly didn’t, show some proof of how Op it is.

(edited by Sly.9518)

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

Azukas.1426

snip

Snip

snip

Lol any excuse.

I’m waiting.

Thanks

I’m waiting.

Again there is nothing showing you played hose placement matches on Thief at all, you could have played on your Mesmer and swapped over to Thief to take the Screen shot, not so far fetched of an idea. And again anyone that competent at Pvp in general can place platinum, hell las season I placed Plat 2 on D/D power just due to season Prior rating Inflation helping the placement.

Not defensive just stating that the build is far from OP and pointing out the obvious bias people have towards certain style of play/builds, since you know the build has to land the Burst which multiple defensive options pre baked into Meta builds to stop and to keep the Condis applied again multiple counters pre baked into the Meta builds to stop, I play Mara D/P because it doesn’t get completely shutdown by most Meta builds that are commonly played.

So instead of trying to claim to post proof when you clearly didn’t, show some proof of how Op it is.

Forgot to add:

Still waiting on your evidence of what you are saying.

Attachments:

(edited by Azukas.1426)

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

Sly.9518

snip

Snip

snip

Lol any excuse.

I’m waiting.

Thanks

I’m waiting.

Forgot to add:

Oh I see still no evidence of being op just that a competent player placed in Plat good to go.

Please show us a vid of how op the build is and those w/l ratio looks mediocre to average at best almost 50/50!there with 8 wins 6 losses nice job.

Put please show us how OP he build is.

Oh btw cute ingame Mail you sent me.

(edited by Sly.9518)

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

Azukas.1426

snip

Snip

snip

Lol any excuse.

I’m waiting.

Thanks

I’m waiting.

Forgot to add:

Oh I see still no evidence of being op just that a competent player placed in Plat good to go.

Please show us a vid of how op the build is and those w/l ratio looks mediocre to average at best almost 50/50!there with 8 wins 6 losses nice job.

I don’t play thief and I was able to make plat solely playing condi s/d thief.

That right there is proof of it over performing.

You being in denial isn’t going to change the fact about it. It allows people to achieve higher results than they should. It carries.

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

Sly.9518

snip

Snip

snip

Lol any excuse.

I’m waiting.

Thanks

I’m waiting.

Forgot to add:

You being in denial isn’t going to change the fact about it. It allows people to achieve higher results than they should. It carries.

That’s not proof of anything that just shows what being a competent Pvp player can do, as long as a player knows the role ashy are and how to properly Pvp they can place on most any class or build that’s viable, and I doubt you never Pvped with Thief before those placement matches. And again if it was so Op you would have had a better win ratio than almost 50/50.

I think I know why you posting any gameplay vids to prove how OP the build is, because it isn’t.

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

Azukas.1426

snip

Snip

snip

Lol any excuse.

I’m waiting.

Thanks

I’m waiting.

Forgot to add:

That’s not proof of anything that just shows what being a competent Pvp player can do, as long as a player knows the role ashy are and how to properly Pvp they can place on most any class or build that’s viable, and I doubt you never Pvped with Thief before those placement matches. And again if it was so Op you would have had a better win ratio than almost 50/50.

I think I know why you posting any gameplay vids to prove how OP the build is, because it isn’t.

You’re grasping here trying to protect your gravy train. It’s cool I get it.

How about you post some videos on how you beat that top 70 player. Until then we’ll go forward with the understanding that S/D Condi thief needs to be put in check.

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

Sly.9518

Yet you haven’t provided any proof showing the build is OP. And you refuse to since it isn’t. And like I stated earlier I never recorded those duels. And you are the ones making the claims that something is OP so burden of proof falls on you.

It just seems like people are upset Thieves have more than one viable build now and have to guess at which is being used.

(edited by Sly.9518)

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

Azukas.1426

I got nothing. You win.

Look I provided all the proof needed. The build is overtuned and needs to be nerfed.

That’s fact. My screen shots show it, and you can’t refute it.

It’s fact.

Time to move on and let’s talk about how we can bring the build down a peg or two to balance it properly.

I would begin by removing the poison on immob. This is what makes the build shine and what needs to be removed. Take this away and you still maintain the poison upkeep that d/d has. This keeps D/D as a nice condi weaponset while maintaining a definite weakness, but it removes s/d condi which is needed.

So what say you Sly? Like my change? I’m pretty sure that change doesn’t affect s/d power, and keeps d/d a good choice for condi.

Signed,

A Mesmer who placed Plat using S/D Condi Thief

p.s. Yes having p/d nerfed is intentional as well.

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

Sly.9518

I got nothing. You win.

Look I provided all the proof needed. The build is overtuned and needs to be nerfed.

It’s fact.

Time to move on and let’s talk about how we can bring the build down a peg or two to balance it properly.

I would begin by removing the poison on immob. This is what makes the build shine and what needs to be removed. Take this away and you still maintain the poison upkeep that d/d has. This keeps D/D as a nice condi weaponset while maintaining a definite weakness, but it removes s/d condi which is needed.

So what say you Sly? Like my change? I’m pretty sure that change doesn’t affect s/d power, and keeps d/d a good choice for condi.

Signed,

Lulz those screens show nothing except a competent Pvp player placed in platinum, com on provide a VoD unedited of the OP build in action, but it won’t happen since it’s not OP. Burden of proof just saying.

Cute quote edit you did there, almost as cute as the ingame mail, must be grasping pretty hard right about now.

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

Azukas.1426

I got nothing. You win.

It’s fact.

Signed,

Lulz those screens show nothing except a competent Pvp player placed in platinum, com on provide a VoD unedited of the OP build in action, but it won’t happen since it’s not OP. Burden of proof just saying.

Cute quote edit you did there, almost as cute as the ingame mail, must be grasping pretty hard right about now.

Welcome to the dark side Sly……

FYI everyone else reading inf strike in then dodge does 50% of a marauder thief’s HP if not cleansed. Steal and dodge if not cleansed will 100-0 you.

Sly can now attest to this.

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

Sly.9518

I got nothing. You win.

It’s fact.

Signed,

FYI everyone else reading inf strike in then dodge does 50% of a marauder thief’s HP if not cleansed. Steal and dodge if not cleansed will 100-0 you.

I still stand by the assertion that anyone with a Meta build can handle a Condi Thief if they play competently, without having to run full clears. The Steal an Dodge still needed Spider Venom for the full Burst to 100-0 without any cleanse again this no different than letting a power player attack without Doing anything to mitigate the damage.

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

Azukas.1426

I got nothing. You win.

It’s fact.

Signed,

I still stand by the assertion that anyone with a Meta build can handle a Condi Thief if they play competently, without having to run full clears. The Steal an Dodge still needed Spider Venom for the full Burst to 100-0 without any cleanse again this no different than letting a power player attack without Doing anything to mitigate the damage.

No you actually had to clear it to not die lol.

As for any meta build being able to handle it 1v1 that’s not the problem. The build isn’t a 1v1 build. You still decap and +1 accordingly, but you have better finish capability due to most ppl not having the needed clears to deal with your condi application. You also 1v1 better than the meta d/p build and can easily topple the d/p power meta build using this build.

The only sacrifice you make is dash. In an organized 5v5 i would expect d/p dash to reign supreme due to the nature of voice coms/etc. In regular day ranked queue though this build out performs d/p dash significantly. Unless ofc you have a player of Sind’s caliber, but even then I would assume Sind/Toker on s/d condi would be absolutely stupid in terms of results.

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

Sly.9518

I got nothing. You win.

It’s fact.

Signed,

No you actually had to clear it to not die lol.

As for any meta build being able to handle it 1v1 that’s not the problem. The build isn’t a 1v1 build. You still decap and +1 accordingly, but you have better finish capability due to most ppl not having the needed clears to deal with your condi application. You also 1v1 better than the meta d/p build and can easily topple the d/p power meta build using this build.

The only sacrifice you make is dash. In an organized 5v5 i would expect d/p dash to reign supreme due to the nature of voice coms/etc. In regular day ranked queue though this build out performs d/p dash significantly. Unless ofc you have a player of Sind’s caliber, but even then I would assume Sind/Toker on s/d condi would be absolutely stupid in terms of results.

Oh you mean use the mechanics to mitigate Condi damage just like any other damage….oh no the horror! Good thing all Meta builds come with adequate Condi cleanse built in. Again players aren’t Target Golems they have cleanses to mitigate the damage lulz.

Letting anyone land their Burst and letting it do its work both power and Condi anyone will die lulz.

Again there are things skills called cleanses they keep players alive and evey Meta build has them since more than just Condi Thief use Condis.

Remember cleanses aren’t there to completely stop damage but to mitigate its like players can’t completely stop Power damage with Healing. It’s all about managing Cleanses and Dodges

(edited by Sly.9518)

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

Azukas you were the one in the dueling server complaining how druid was boring and skill-less to play, yet you were playing condi thief, a build that only requires 3 buttons to kill someone with.

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

Azukas.1426

Azukas you were the one in the dueling server complaining how druid was boring and skill-less to play, yet you were playing condi thief, a build that only requires 3 buttons to kill someone with.

I remember that day!

I was apologetic about using my build and you were complaining how it took ZERO skill to play. I agreed but then laughed because you were sitting on a menders druid in a dueling server lol.

The best part was you trying to justify how druid takes skill & everyone just laughed.

I appreciate the post supporting my position on the build though.

Have a nice day

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

Posted by: TwiceDead.1963

TwiceDead.1963

Azukas…
You’ve been saying a whole lot I’ll give you that, but you have nothing to show for it.

Proving it should be very easy for you, just record a match of you facestomping with your build, then share it.

You refuse to do that, and instead insist on showing highly questionable screenshots, which makes people question your credibility (surprise surprise).

Burden of proof lies with the claimant.

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

Azukas.1426

Azukas…
You’ve been saying a whole lot I’ll give you that, but you have nothing to show for it.

Proving it should be very easy for you, just record a match of you facestomping with your build, then share it.

You refuse to do that, and instead insist on showing highly questionable screenshots, which makes people question your credibility (surprise surprise).

It’s already been proven. At this juncture we aren’t questioning if it’s over tuned but how to scale it back.

My suggestion is no poison on immob

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

Posted by: Imperadordf.2687

Imperadordf.2687

Azukas…

It’s already been proven. At this juncture we aren’t questioning if it’s over tuned but how to scale it back.

But not only Inf Strike has immobilize :| They would nerf all condi thieves with that change. I suggest lowering condition damage overall. lol

Livia – Ring Of Fire

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

Posted by: MidoriMarch.8067

MidoriMarch.8067

S/d condi thief is actually quite viable.

I climbed up to top 133 in pvp last season with s/d condi though i stopped playing pvp right after i finished my backpack. I would have climbed up more if i was keep playing

and that was my first time playing s/d which clearly shows it is easy to play low risk high reward compare to power s/d.

btw whoever said s/d condi #2 only applies 6 stacks of poisons in total and 800 ticks thats totally bs dont forget u can add torment (trickery) + additional poisons torment bleeds from DA trait + via spam dodge caltrops/Lotus + switch weapon to proc geomancy doom sigils too thats easy 12+ stacks of both poison and bleed on top of torment + confusions with perplex runes.

And u can basically juke from 900 range and escape out from 1200 range mobility.

Of course its not an immortal build but it surely is an easy op build to play even with low skills/experience

[img]https://i.imgur.com/o1GyMNI.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/N4v7C6J.jpg[/img]

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

Sly.9518

I climbed up to top 133 in pvp last season with s/d condi though i stopped playing pvp right after i finished my backpack. I would have climbed up more if i was keep playing

and that was my first time playing s/d which clearly shows it is easy to play low risk high reward compare to power s/d.

btw whoever said s/d condi #2 only applies 6 stacks of poisons in total and 800 ticks thats totally bs dont forget u can add torment (trickery) + additional poisons torment bleeds from DA trait + via spam dodge caltrops/Lotus + switch weapon to proc geomancy doom sigils too thats easy 12+ stacks of both poison and bleed on top of torment + confusions with perplex runes.

And u can basically juke from 900 range and escape out from 1200 range mobility.

Of course its not an immortal build but it surely is an easy op build to play even with low skills/experience

If only Geomancy and Doom Sigils didn’t exist in Pvp………………

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

Azukas.1426

Azukas…

But not only Inf Strike has immobilize :| They would nerf all condi thieves with that change. I suggest lowering condition damage overall. lol

I would love for a net to nerf condi damage game wide but we all know that ain’t happening lol

Yes this would be a small need for all condi builds but it needs to happen especially since thieves can immob many times in a,row

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

Posted by: Divided by zero.9370

Divided by zero.9370

it’s sad to see so many people defend condi s/d. I will lose all respect for the balance team if this crap doesn’t get nerfed in the next patch.

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

Imperadordf.2687

Condi S/D is viable but I believe there are more unbalanced condition builds. They should nerf them first AND people really need to stop whining about thieves. This thread was not a whine, but many people come to thief forum just to say “NERF THIEF THIEF IS OP THIEF SHOULD BE REMOVED” and these are really annoying :|

Livia – Ring Of Fire

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

babazhook.6805

One more time, you are adding in skills UNRELATED to s/d and implying that this a problem with s/d.

I can use caltrops and all of those other things on any other build.

S/d has 6 stacks poison for 15 ini. Bring in your OP s/d condi build against a “high risk” s/d power build and the power build will destroy it.This is an issue with people being unable or unwilling to learn how to counter a build choosing instead to call for a nerf .

This is the power build I use in WvW. S/d condi can not touch the thing and the s/d power has the same “juke” capabilities with a much greater ability to generate damage.

S/d condition relies on most of its spike damage on its utilities, that being the steal cycle and Caltrops. S/d power can cleanse cover conditions at will meaning its inherent #2 cleanse (which in fact can clean 2 conditions every use) can peel those off faster then they are applied.

S/d condition relies far too much on POISON. The confusion and bleeds it can apply are minimal and its methods of application those others quite easily avoided. Withdraw alone on its less then 15 second cooldown rips away the bulk of conditions that s/d condition builds add. PR is on a lower cooldown then is s/d conditions steal.

The build I link to performs against any condition build.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQRAsY6al0MhinYvTwwJw/EH7EV/tWw5cHA1Wb6Xit4KA-TlBXABlu/gL6HWWJWNKBvV9HAUeAA-w

While I do not PvP the build leaves out sigils and consumables so should translate well over to the same. It generally runs at 20+ stacks might at all times. S/d condition is rather easily neutralized .

(edited by babazhook.6805)

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

babazhook.6805

By the way no matter how one tries to spin it Condition s/d adds 6 poison for the use of 15 ini which is around 800 damage per tick.

Claiming one has to factor in all of the other traits and utilities as being “part of s/d” is no different then my claiming s/d cleanses 5 conditions in a second for 0 ini which the build I linked to can in fact do thus concluding it “op”. If you want to include all of the other traits that add conditions as being part of s/d then any trait or utility that REMOVES conditions muct be considered part of any given weaponset.

The build I linked to is not even taking all the cleanses that are available to it.

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

TwiceDead.1963

Most of that has no relation to S/D though. The effects you’re getting come from Sigils and Steal Traits, where only two of those damage sources come from S/D itself, being the immobilize on IF and Torment on DD.

The source of damage for this supposed “Condi S/D” build, stems from a combination of traits and sigils unrelated to the S/D weaponset.

(edited by TwiceDead.1963)

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

Azukas.1426

By the way no matter how one tries to spin it Condition s/d adds 6 poison for the use of 15 ini which is around 800 damage per tick.

Claiming one has to factor in all of the other traits and utilities as being “part of s/d” is no different then my claiming s/d cleanses 5 conditions in a second for 0 ini which the build I linked to can in fact do thus concluding it “op”. If you want to include all of the other traits that add conditions as being part of s/d then any trait or utility that REMOVES conditions muct be considered part of any given weaponset.

The build I linked to is not even taking all the cleanses that are available to it.

We’re not talking WvW we are talking PvP.

You’re build in terms of PvP has zero redeeming qualities. You can’t team fight, duel on side points, or even play a decap +1 roll. The s/d condi can do ALL of those things albeit not as mobile as the D/P dash meta build.

Please no one really cares about WvW when talking game balance. The mode isn’t balanced in the least.

Thank You

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

Imperadordf.2687

You’re build in terms of PvP has zero redeeming qualities. You can’t team fight, duel on side points, or even play a decap +1 roll. The s/d condi can do ALL of those things albeit not as mobile as the D/P dash meta build.

Please no one really cares about WvW when talking game balance. The mode isn’t balanced in the least.

Thank You

But you always mention other traits and utilities Potent Poison only stacks 6 stacks of poison with Infiltrator’s Strike for 15 initiative which is the max initiative limit. For 15 initiative you can do much better with S/D Power or D/D condi or P/P condi/power. Sword doesn’t have any other condition than Potent Poison which is only 6 stacks.

There is a thread about S/D power in this forum. I don’t wanna get infracted so I can’t tell you the name but that guy reached RANK 6 IN NA WITH S/D POWER.

S/D condi relies on it’s utility skills which all thieves can access. Steal, Caltrops, Condition Damage Venoms. For steal, every thief uses it. For caltrops, every condition thief uses it. For Venoms, you need to have a fast attacking weapon ( Dagger or Pistol ) to make them more useful. S/D condi is almost nothing but Potent Poison.

Today, I was playing PvP as D/P Berserker, and I faced a condi thief with S/D. He spammed 2 Inf Strikes on me and I had Withdraw as heal and Dash as dodge. I cleansed the first 2 Inf Strikes, he hit me with Caltrops and AA. Then I dodged the immobilize of the third Inf Strike and I knew he had like 3-4 initiative so I continued to fight and he was like “Oh boi she is crazy”. Then I dodged his Steal and used D/P #3 – Steal – Stolen ability – Blinding Powder – Backstab on him and he was at like %10 Hp and I was ( if i remember correctly ) at % 60-65. If you can cleanse at the right time, you can make this build useless and make the thief die or retreat. He is left with his 2-3 initiative when you cleanse his Inf Strikes and Caltrops.

In Thief vs Thief, S/D condi is useless. Bandit’s Defense just destroys them and they are easy to kill after that. “Do I have to take BD in case of facing a S/D condi?” – Well, if you don’t take a cleanse, stunbreaker or a defense utility skill, you already lost doesn’t matter which class/build you are.

S/D condi is a viable build, but only has 6 poison ticks for 15 initiative in it’s weapon skills which is definitely NOT WORTH. Every Thief has base damage, but if you’re getting one shot/get beaten by this build WITH CLEANSE, you should really don’t play the game at all.

No offense, but you don’t have to be a Platinum to cleanse the poison – ( bleeding – confusion which are NOT INCLUDED IN THE S/D SKILLS ) from this build.

Thank you.

Livia – Ring Of Fire

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

The reason this discussion is going nowhere: Everyone thinks this is a direct attack on the weapon set which we have stated it isn’t. Thief has a ton of ways to stack condi that are built into the profession (venoms, potent poison+panic strike, steal, etc.). The condition abilities of the thief combined with the survivability and juking ability of s/d make for the condi build’s opness. S/d alone is pointless as a condi weapon but it has a great deal of survivability when combined with daredevil to allow for a condi spam build to have practical survival and dueling ability. By that I mean it is mobile and fast paced as a set, it doesn’t suffer from the predictability of p/d or d/d so it allows for the thief to outplay to a certain extent.

Are there builds that perform better? Yes there are, the build in question isn’t the best thief build in the game that’s not what’s being said. What is being said is that the build has too much reward for little mechanical skill requirement and risk.

About the mention of the #6 s/d power thief, he made it there cause he’s good at s/d. S/d power being a strong option doesn’t mean s/d condi isn’t a thing too. S/d power is better but it requires more skill and timing to play at a high level than it’s condition based counterpart which is why more people go towards the condition build.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

Sly.9518

It’s not over performing though, it gets shutdown quite easily from all Meta builds since they have adequate Condi management, blocks, projectile hate and other defenses built in, just because there are people that die to 1 spammers doesn’t mean this build is Overtuned or OP, in anything above Gold 3 the build is less useful since by then players know better how to play, but even then there are people that die to 1 spammers.

All it takes to stop it is proper dodging,blocking and Condi management, the basis of a competent player.

Build is no different than other meta Condi build that apply Condis and going into a defensive rotation like Mesmer, warrior and Dragon Hunter

(edited by Sly.9518)

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

Imperadordf.2687

What you are saying is NOT about S/D condi. ALL condition damage builds are overtuned right now. You can’t just blame S/D for this.

As I said earlier, “Don’t blame the poor sword

Livia – Ring Of Fire

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

babazhook.6805

You’re build in terms of PvP has zero redeeming qualities. You can’t team fight, duel on side points, or even play a decap +1 roll. The s/d condi can do ALL of those things albeit not as mobile as the D/P dash meta build. In fact in other threads PvP player s post builds that are very similar.

Thank You

This is the thief topic. If you want to talk PvP only use the PvP topic.

I really do not care about PvP so please do not presume to tell me what I should be interested in. You represent yourself and not “everyone”.

That said The build I refrenced will work in PvP . It can team fight better then s/d condition. It can duel on point, better then s/d condition and it can play a decap role just as s/d condition can. Indeed if you look at th other thread on s/d PVP players post similar builds.

THAT all said, it still changes none of my points. Whther it S/d condition in WvW or in Pvp all it adds is 6 POISON for 15 ini. All of the other condition adds you refer to come from other skills and utilities.

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

babazhook.6805

The reson this topic goes no where is because the original poster has not made his case that the build OP in any way shape or form.

Easier to play does make something OP. I find warrior easier to play then engineer. That does not make warrior OP. There is little risk on using Shadowshot when I am on my d/p thief but the reward as far as damage goes is generally higher then those 6 poison stacks add.

The original poster indicated he had no issues himself dealing with the build. I have no issues dealing with the build. That some might does not translate to the need to nerf it.

P/d is much more dangerous as a condition build and can trait all the same things and more as far as conditions go. This is simple fact yet the original poster suggested this not an issue because it more predictable.

Taking a build because it less predictable is not a bad thing. The reason i play s/d POWER is because I like the unpredictable nature of the build. I do not think having a build that is not as predictable as opposed to one that follows the same rotations where you know what the opponent going to do before he does is bad for the game.

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

Imperadordf.2687

Ok guys, I don’t know if I am just kittened or this build is trash, but I tried full damage S/D condi ( power – condi – precision ) and defensive condi ( carrion ) and it was, horrible.

I tried to #2 then #3, caltrops, bounding dodge, and chain #3. I barely got the health of the elementalist 100 to 60. And you know what happened after that? He used heal :( I was using my skills in this order; #2 – #3 – Caltrops – Dodge(Bound) – Chain #3 – #5 – Auto attack – #2.. and goes like this. But it didn’t feel like OP. I must be doing something wrong actually because I was doing literally no damage to anybody. Welp

Livia – Ring Of Fire

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

Ok guys, I don’t know if I am just kittened or this build is trash, but I tried full damage S/D condi ( power – condi – precision ) and defensive condi ( carrion ) and it was, horrible.

I tried to #2 then #3, caltrops, bounding dodge, and chain #3. I barely got the health of the elementalist 100 to 60. And you know what happened after that? He used heal I was using my skills in this order; #2 – #3 – Caltrops – Dodge(Bound) – Chain #3 – #5 – Auto attack – #2.. and goes like this. But it didn’t feel like OP. I must be doing something wrong actually because I was doing literally no damage to anybody. Welp

You are doing it wrong. I mean… Bound? Wtf.?!

Build + Playstyle:
https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Daredevil_-_S/D_Condition

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

Imperadordf.2687

I tried to #2 then #3, caltrops, bounding dodge, and chain #3. I barely got the health of the elementalist 100 to 60. And you know what happened after that? He used heal I was using my skills in this order; #2 – #3 – Caltrops – Dodge(Bound) – Chain #3 – #5 – Auto attack – #2.. and goes like this. But it didn’t feel like OP. I must be doing something wrong actually because I was doing literally no damage to anybody. Welp

Build + Playstyle:

My build was exactly like that. But I felt like I’m so squishy so I changed my build to a defensive build and my dodge to Bound.

I don’t know..

Livia – Ring Of Fire

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

Azukas.1426

I’ve seen an EXTREME amount of condi s/d thieves and I must say thank god.

All you read in chat is how broken and easy to use the build is. This build needs the axe, and has been proven to be in need of it.

<edit>

synergy I read your post below me and what makes the s/d variant FAR greater than the d/d variant is sword. D/D you can time your bursts during the deathblossom animation. Where as s/d they shadow return and you can’t do that.

Also the best burst is 2, Dodge, Steal, Dodge, 2. You don’t even need spider venom for it to work. Also Steal and dodge will kill a marauder thief if not cleansed or healed. Test it

(edited by Azukas.1426)

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

Posted by: synergy.5809

synergy.5809

Build + Playstyle:

My build was exactly like that. But I felt like I’m so squishy so I changed my build to a defensive build and my dodge to Bound.

I don’t know..

well first of all ele’s have a lot of condi clenases and heals. also the burst combo is supposedly activate spider venom, steal, dodge 1-2 times for caltrops/impaling lotus. then disengage a bit and use sword 2 to immobilize and proc panic strike poison.

the build is viable but nowhere as strong as some of the people in this thread talks about. some of it is blatantly exaggerating, ie. press 2 buttons to put someone into down state. the stupid D/D condition dodge spam thief puts out way more damage and is much easier to play with much better reward for low effort.

with the new pvp season and influx of players for the upcomming expansion I think people are just fighting bad people.

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

TwiceDead.1963

All you read in chat is how broken and easy to use the build is. This build needs the axe, and has been proven to be in need of it.

Players badmouthing thieves in PvP? GASP! No WAY!

Also the best burst is 2, Dodge, Steal, Dodge, 2. You don’t even need spider venom for it to work. Also Steal and dodge will kill a marauder thief if not cleansed or healed. Test it

So? That’s like saying I can kill any bunker build easily as long as they just stand there and take it without trying to fight back.

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

Azukas.1426

Players badmouthing thieves in PvP? GASP! No WAY!

So? That’s like saying I can kill any bunker build easily as long as they just stand there and take it without trying to fight back.

We are talking about PvP they can’t leave the point tbh. Yo u can break them down and kill them. You can also +1 them and burn em down with ease.

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

Posted by: synergy.5809

synergy.5809

either the build on metabattle is wrong or something im doing is messing up, i just tried that with a friend and it does not kill a maurader thief

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Why are people blaming s/d on a set that has 1 condi tick, torment from dancing dagger.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

either the build on metabattle is wrong or something im doing is messing up, i just tried that with a friend and it does not kill a maurader thief

That’s because this op build is, not op at all lol. Meta d/p thief has signet of agilty and shadow return as only condi clense and if you failed to kill that the it proves that this condi build is not op and can be easily shut down

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

babazhook.6805

I can use that so called “condi burst” of #2 dodge steal dodge , on p/d and p/p as well. It hardly going to kill anyone that has more then one brain cell.

If this indeed “only about PvP” the quality of player you have there that can die to that rotation is pretty low.

Use a Shortbow if the other player is just going to stand on point and you are doing more damage. It unblockable poison apps with an interrupt. You get 4 poison apps for the use of 4 ini over 2 poison apps for the use of 5 AND can blast finish the field with bleeds added AND apply that daze on interrupt with weakness when using cluster bomb.

You also setup a field you can use your whirl off impaling on and can apply torment if traiting Pressure strike.

S/d Condi needs to go

in Thief

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

Why are people blaming s/d on a set that has 1 condi tick, torment from dancing dagger.

Its statements like this that make me wonder if many of the people on this forum even play Thief.

You use sword, which immobilizes (and adds 2 poison – 3 if using venom)
Immobilize prevents your enemy from dodging
You dodge immediately – while they are immobilized (and add 1 cripple, 1 torment, 2 bleeds – +4 poison if using venom)

If you land sword 2, the immobilize will much more than likely not be cleansed by the time you dodge.

-No, this build is not overpowered. It is, however, overperforming.
-Pistol mainhand cannot do the same as this, as its immobilize is A) not instant, B) not a shadowstep and C) a projectile.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-