S/d WvW roamer build.

S/d WvW roamer build.

in Thief

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Been looking around and wanting to get back into WvW using S/d. My question is, would a 10/30/0/30/0 be a decent build, with pure zerkers and Ruby orbs, or do a mix with valk or soldiers?

S/d WvW roamer build.

in Thief

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

there is no meta for S/D for WvW, because people like to use D/P instead. so in other words, do whatever you want

All is vain.

S/d WvW roamer build.

in Thief

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

Those traits are viable, but mix Zerker and Soldiers, avoid Valkyrie. Also, I’d seriously consider D/P secondary.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

S/d WvW roamer build.

in Thief

BlaqueFyre.5678

I normally keep sb as secondary, so if I decide to run with a zerg. Or run into a zerg haha

S/d WvW roamer build.

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

Screw full zerker and screw D/P.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fYAQNAsYVlYmSO3bS6E/5Ex2jeuTeqVgmdP4q8tKA-jEzAYLBRiCAZBiKAm8W0a2LgVxioxqXwUlCp6yI7NAcHMa1SBExyI-w

Lyssa runes for condition removal and to gain all boons.
Shadow Trap to escape or reset fights, or simply for some extra burst.
Infiltrators Signet is great and works same way as infiltrators strike + stun break.
Withdraw to remove movement imparing effects.
Shadow Step for extra mobility, stunbreak and additional condition removal.
Valkyrie jewels to provide some extra defence against condition dmg.
Shortbow for AoE and zerg fights.
Some soldier parts to provide some protection, with full zerker other thieves kill you
just by critting 2 cloak and daggers.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

(edited by Ghostwolf.9863)

S/d WvW roamer build.

in Thief

Incurafy.6329

You shouldn’t use Valkyrie, Ghost, you should use more Zerker + Soldier pieces. Look for Wish’s “building a better D/D Thief” thread for all of his math and stuff which shows why Zerker + Soldier is optimal.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

S/d WvW roamer build.

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

You shouldn’t use Valkyrie, Ghost, you should use more Zerker + Soldier pieces. Look for Wish’s “building a better D/D Thief” thread for all of his math and stuff which shows why Zerker + Soldier is optimal.

that’s D/D (different playstyle, different traits, leads into different equipment) and valkyrie can be worth it. armor is useless vs conditions (not a good thing when it’s condi meta and considering low base thief HP), and useless vs fall damage. does his formula even take into account that? i don’t think so.

All is vain.

(edited by Excalibur.9748)

S/d WvW roamer build.

in Thief

Posted by: Big Tower.5423

Big Tower.5423

Valkyrie/solider Is WAAAY better than solider/zerker, two words; CRITICAL DAMAGE, same power but extra critical damage, critical damage is really imporant for your damage. screw toughness, your vitality cant match your toughness anywhy, which then means no use of adding even more toughness, try to do for example 1000 armor equals 10000 hp, screw defense thieves already survive as long as you got 15-18 k hp and some experince. Dont listen to incurafy.

7800 hours ingame, and counting.

S/d WvW roamer build.

in Thief

Posted by: Walker.3056

Walker.3056

Valkyrie/solider Is WAAAY better than solider/zerker, two words; CRITICAL DAMAGE, same power but extra critical damage, critical damage is really imporant for your damage. screw toughness, your vitality cant match your toughness anywhy, which then means no use of adding even more toughness, try to do for example 1000 armor equals 10000 hp, screw defense thieves already survive as long as you got 15-18 k hp and some experince. Dont listen to incurafy.

Sry bro but unless Valk/sold has same crit damage as a sold/zerk set so you point is invalid, unless you try again and explain wich parts of each armor are you using each stats

S/d WvW roamer build.

in Thief

Posted by: Karode.9206

Karode.9206

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=Vd;4RwVb0I5VOkd0;9;49TJ-92;005A47;24;06NV0;9-GoFvF6-6;3WV_WeXj2147a6Z-870HV8aNX8a;9;9;9;7kkkkkkZ

This is what I’ve been running lately. I’m no pro or anything like that but it’s been pretty fun so far.

S/d WvW roamer build.

in Thief

Big Tower.5423

Sry bro but unless Valk/sold has same crit damage as a sold/zerk set so you point is invalid, unless you try again and explain wich parts of each armor are you using each stats

I never said solider was good, SCREW solider, valk/zerk is enough survablity

S/d WvW roamer build.

in Thief

Walker.3056

I never said solider was good, SCREW solider, valk/zerk is enough survablity

Well you said this “Valkyrie/solider Is WAAAY better than solider/zerker” thats why i quoted you. now i see you prob just typed wrong

S/d WvW roamer build.

in Thief

Big Tower.5423

Valk zerk is the way to go

S/d WvW roamer build.

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

once again people are trying to define the S/D meta even though they don’t even use it for WvW.

All is vain.

S/d WvW roamer build.

in Thief

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

S/d WvW roamer build.

in Thief

Posted by: wish.1027

wish.1027

Oh you, what will this be, the 6th time Ive proven you wrong?

Soldiers with Berserkers offers more damage and defense than Valkyrie with Berserkers, no matter what weapon set you are using, or what your traits look like.

You cannot make critical hit damage damage worth more than critical hit chance in any way with any sort of balanced build. The only way you could make C Damage worth more is if you used a lot of knights gear that would increase your precision and not your C Damage. (Which by the way is very bad, because Power is the most useful stat for damage output, and you want Power as the main stat on every piece of gear)

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/WvW-Thief-looking-for-some-insight/first#post2674725

These two posts by me explain damage calculations, diminishing returns, and show exactly why Soldiers+Berserkers wins for damage when building for the same amount of EHP compared to using any Valkyrie gear.

@OP:
I was using this:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fYAQJA8YlYmiO3ey7E/5Ey2jdqC5JvCkV3DuyqqKA-jUyAorATfAoCwZvioxWFLiGruGT5KEpdTt9uIa1CBUeBA-w
when I was playing S/D. The extra Ini and Endurance on weapon swap using double S/D is pretty amazing when all you do is spam 3 and dodge roll. (And Slice once in awhile I guess)

It looks like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gqY3pOA3gC4
But ignore my caltraps, I was trying them out for a bit to see how well theyd do, turned out most people were using Lyssa runes and Lemongrass so I got rid of them.

+1 for correct gear placement.
Youre super cool.

Candied Dragonroll would do better for food though, and its vastly cheaper, unless you take 0 damage when you fight people (which is most likely not true) You should look at Oils too, they probably add more damage than Stones since your crit rate is under 50%.

that’s D/D (different playstyle, different traits, leads into different equipment) and valkyrie can be worth it. armor is useless vs conditions (not a good thing when it’s condi meta and considering low base thief HP), and useless vs fall damage. does his formula even take into account that? i don’t think so.

Armor is useless VS conditions, so is HP, thats why I was running Lyssa Runes and Bask Venom. But, the meta isnt built around conditions, sorry. And speaking from a standpoint of simple numbers, Soldiers+Berserkers will always offer more EHP and DPS compared to Valkyrie and Berserkers when built to similar levels of EHP, it has nothing to do with traits or weapon sets, thats just how it is based on the numbers.

Jade Quarry Warrior Strike Force [SF]
w/ an alt Thief and Guardian.
Math is your friend.

(edited by wish.1027)

S/d WvW roamer build.

in Thief

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

Been looking around and wanting to get back into WvW using S/d. My question is, would a 10/30/0/30/0 be a decent build, with pure zerkers and Ruby orbs, or do a mix with valk or soldiers?

your build will be nerfed the next patch, no worry

S/d WvW roamer build.

in Thief

BlaqueFyre.5678

Ok zerkers and soldiers, I will give that a try. Alot of good input in here.

S/d WvW roamer build.

in Thief

Incurafy.6329

Err… what wish said. Thanks.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

S/d WvW roamer build.

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

Armor is useless VS conditions, so is HP, thats why I was running Lyssa Runes and Bask Venom. But, the meta isnt built around conditions, sorry. And speaking from a standpoint of simple numbers, Soldiers+Berserkers will always offer more EHP and DPS compared to Valkyrie and Berserkers when built to similar levels of EHP, it has nothing to do with traits or weapon sets, thats just how it is based on the numbers.

You’d have same EHP with valkyrie or soldiers VS conditions, but valkyrie would grant more critical damage. By saying HP is useless vs conditions is like saying EHP is useless.

And stats do differ for different weapons, if you run full zerk with S/D you’d get pwned while it is okay for D/P. The mere fact that you don’t run S/D anymore says to me that stat combo you run is no good for it.

All is vain.

(edited by Excalibur.9748)

S/d WvW roamer build.

in Thief

wish.1027

You’d have same EHP with valkyrie or soldiers VS conditions, but valkyrie would grant more critical damage.

And Soldiers/Berserkers would grant more crit chance, and more overall damage output. The HP VS DR discussion just slightly skews which type of damage you can take 4% more of. Soldiers wins out because of better DPS.

By saying HP is useless vs conditions is like saying EHP is useless.

So you can sing the praises of 600 HP all day long about how its so amazing and lets you live VS conditions when with toughness youd have died… but I dont believe it.

And stats do differ for different weapons, if you run full zerk with S/D you’d get pwned while it is okay for D/P.

Running full zerkers is suicide regardless of weapon set. Ask the 99999 dead GC D/P or D/D thieves Ive encountered.

The mere fact that you don’t run S/D anymore says to me that stat combo you run is no good for it.

I havent played GW2 in 2-3 months actually. I used S/D a lot when I still played. Its not that I quit S/D, D/D, D/P or THF, its that I quit playing GW2.

Math is your friend.

(edited by wish.1027)

S/d WvW roamer build.

in Thief

Big Tower.5423

Soldiers with Berserkers offers more damage and defense than Valkyrie with Berserkers, no matter what weapon set you are using, or what your traits look like.

You cannot make critical hit damage damage worth more than critical hit chance in any way with any sort of balanced build. The only way you could make C Damage worth more is if you used a lot of knights gear that would increase your precision and not your C Damage. (Which by the way is very bad, because Power is the most useful stat for damage output, and you want Power as the main stat on every piece of gear)

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/WvW-Thief-looking-for-some-insight/first#post2674725

These two posts by me explain damage calculations, diminishing returns, and show exactly why Soldiers+Berserkers wins for damage when building for the same amount of EHP compared to using any Valkyrie gear.

@OP:
I was using this:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fYAQJA8YlYmiO3ey7E/5Ey2jdqC5JvCkV3DuyqqKA-jUyAorATfAoCwZvioxWFLiGruGT5KEpdTt9uIa1CBUeBA-w
when I was playing S/D. The extra Ini and Endurance on weapon swap using double S/D is pretty amazing when all you do is spam 3 and dodge roll. (And Slice once in awhile I guess)

It looks like this:
But ignore my caltraps, I was trying them out for a bit to see how well theyd do, turned out most people were using Lyssa runes and Lemongrass so I got rid of them.

Youre super cool.

Candied Dragonroll would do better for food though, and its vastly cheaper, unless you take 0 damage when you fight people (which is most likely not true) You should look at Oils too, they probably add more damage than Stones since your crit rate is under 50%.

You have many ways to bring up your critchance, and its overkill with survablity to run soiliders, you can do things like perception sigil/foodbuffs to bring up your critchance while still doing way better damage than with spliders, You simply overkill with your EHP, you imagine you are a so pro thief… Sad for you becuse you are awfully wrong, Thief survablity is NOT EHP, its to not get hit. 16 + k hp, 3000 somthing AA, 110 when correctly buffed you shuld get between 60-70 chance which competly makes critdamage WAAAY better than precsion, Crit damage is the way to go as a thief, please play atleast a hour of the class before making your statements, screw teory crafting it does not count disorientation and moblity in it.

S/d WvW roamer build.

in Thief

Walker.3056

@OP:
I was using this:

It looks like this:

Youre super cool.

You have many ways to bring up your critchance, and its overkill with survablity to run soiliders, you can do things like perception sigil/foodbuffs to bring up your critchance while still doing way better damage than with spliders, You simply overkill with your EHP, you imagine you are a so pro thief… Sad for you becuse you are awfully wrong, Thief survablity is NOT EHP, its to not get hit. 16 + k hp, 3000 somthing AA, 110 when correctly buffed you shuld get between 60-70 chance which competly makes critdamage WAAAY better than precsion, Crit damage is the way to go as a thief, please play atleast a hour of the class before making your statements, screw teory crafting it does not count disorientation and moblity in it.

You claim things but don not show the math wish had already showed the math using food etc… and btw using 5% crit sig over 5% damage sig is REALLY bad when talking about DPS if you want to prove you are right do the math or show that wish math is wrong wich i think wont be easy since its math is kinda…. right

S/d WvW roamer build.

in Thief

Big Tower.5423

@OP:
I was using this:

It looks like this:

Youre super cool.

You claim things but don not show the math wish had already showed the math using food etc… and btw using 5% crit sig over 5% damage sig is REALLY bad when talking about DPS if you want to prove you are right do the math or show that wish math is wrong wich i think wont be easy since its math is kinda…. right

Gameplay and experince overdoes math, and i never said 5 % sig, i said the stacking sigil perception! You by the way are able to swap weapons when you got a full stack. so shut up and think atleast a second before you post your idiotic statements

S/d WvW roamer build.

in Thief

Walker.3056

@OP:
I was using this:

It looks like this:

Youre super cool.

Gameplay and experince overdoes math, and i never said 5 % sig, i said the stacking sigil perception! You by the way are able to swap weapons when you got a full stack. so shut up and think atleast a second before you post your idiotic statements

stack power > stack precision nohing really changed

S/d WvW roamer build.

in Thief

Big Tower.5423

You only carry two weapons? if you are a pve player you shuld be able to afford more than 1 of each weapon you use.

S/d WvW roamer build.

in Thief

Walker.3056

ofc i agree. never said the opposite

S/d WvW roamer build.

in Thief

wish.1027

You have many ways to bring up your critchance, and its overkill with survablity to run soiliders, you can do things like perception sigil/foodbuffs to bring up your critchance while still doing way better damage than with spliders,

If you ever actually read any of the math Ive posted and tried to understand it, or looked at my builds at all, youd know I always use Candied dragonrolls and Master Maintenance Oils with Superior Sigil of Bloodlust, because those offer the most DPS when compared to other options.

You simply overkill with your EHP,

I dont add EHP to my builds compared to what others use, I have the same EHP as Yishis’s build, which is all Valkyrie and Berserkers, but I out damage his build, by a good 10%.

you imagine you are a so pro thief… Sad for you becuse you are awfully wrong, Thief survablity is NOT EHP, its to not get hit.

Getting hit is inevitable, my build simply has enough EHP to take a full on Backstab combo from a GC thief, or a GC killshot, and live. Then I maximized DPS and sustain after achieving that plateau of EHP. Again, if you ever actually read anything I posted, youd know that.

16 + k hp, 3000 somthing AA, 110 when correctly buffed you shuld get between 60-70 chance which competly makes critdamage WAAAY better than precsion,

If youre going to make statements like that, why dont you show us the math that proves youre right.

Crit damage is the way to go as a thief, please play atleast a hour of the class before making your statements, screw teory crafting it does not count disorientation and moblity in it.

The last part of this sentence doesnt even make sense, please take an English class for at least an hour before trying to respond to people on the internet to prove how awesome you are. Decent grammar and posting math is how you win internet arguments about video game gear, not typing illegible walls of text.

Math is your friend.

S/d WvW roamer build.

in Thief

Big Tower.5423

Screw winning, there is a truth done with that, if you only care about winning go play some football or some kitten like that. I tell the TRUTH…

Edit: by the way if you cant dodge killshot or turn around for a backstab you are an AWFUL player.

S/d WvW roamer build.

in Thief

wish.1027

Screw winning, there is a truth done with that, if you only care about winning go play some football or some kitten like that. I tell the TRUTH…

Edit: by the way if you cant dodge killshot or turn around for a backstab you are an AWFUL player.

How can you say you speak the truth when you dont even know what the truth is? You can’t even do simple video game math to prove if youre correct or not. And if you can, nows your chance to do it and prove yourself.

As for dodging, when youre fighting a bunch of people… stuff happens. Acting like youre above ever being snuck up on just shows how terrible at the game you really are, you wont even admit youre not perfect.

Math is your friend.

(edited by wish.1027)

S/d WvW roamer build.

in Thief

Big Tower.5423

We are thieves, we are either stealthing every 3 sec or having 70 % evade uptime

S/d WvW roamer build.

in Thief

Big Tower.5423

And you shuld try to look around often if you are being snuck upon or move a bit faster

S/d WvW roamer build.

in Thief

wish.1027

And you should show us all you know the truth and post some math to prove youre correct.

Math is your friend.

S/d WvW roamer build.

in Thief

Walker.3056

so you Big Tower is saying that you have never been bursted down by a thief while fighting in a zergxzerg fight? you pay attention to all the 40+ players there? and have enough evade to sustain a long grp fight and at same time deal amage to kill other players?

OMG you are super human so pro!! so basically means you never die!! omg so gooood!! perfect player kitten you should stream so we noobs can learn a bit

S/d WvW roamer build.

in Thief

wish.1027

Big Tower, you should stream so we noobs can learn a bit

Seconded. Please stream for us.

Math is your friend.

S/d WvW roamer build.

in Thief

Posted by: Kman.7358

Kman.7358

And stats do differ for different weapons, if you run full zerk with S/D you’d get pwned while it is okay for D/P. The mere fact that you don’t run S/D anymore says to me that stat combo you run is no good for it.

Not at all. All of (or most of) my S/D builds are in zerker’s gear. S/D is a very controlling set, with evades, teleports and decent stealth, so long as you can land CnD. Maybe I’m just bad with D/P or something, but to me, S/D is A LOT easier to run glassy. At least with S/D, if you play smart and leave shadow return up, you can quickly get out if you get caught. With D/P, if you get immobilized or accidentally revealed when you’re trying to stealth and running glass, it’s basically the end.

Appeased -Team Riot [RIOT] – Blackgate
teamriot.org
twitch.tv/teamriottv

S/d WvW roamer build.

in Thief

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

Without 30 in SA in WvW you will be food for P/D thieves. Very much.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

S/d WvW roamer build.

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

Without 30 in SA in WvW you will be food for P/D thieves. Very much.

if you dodge a lot and shadow return you can catch him easly. p/d conditions are very easy to clear with shadow return as the main stack are bleeding

and i find that for me 0,30,0,20,20 works better than 10,30,0,30,0 regarding initiative points, perma vigor for dodges (in wvw)

(edited by messiah.1908)