SB main hand?! and build comment

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

Q:

I am playing mainly wvw and when in prime time mainly with guild/pugs group
i cant say i like the d/p stealth abusing and i love the s/x set

here is short video of SB+S/P group play

is the SB can be main hand and do you think it should be buffed?

are other classes can do more aoe dps or thieves should focus only on roamer/scout roll

i would like also a comment on the build if you can

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fYAQNAsaVlYmSOHcS6E+5Ex2jeKUe6pgsjtTBXtKA-jEyAYLBRCCERBkQAk9KiGbVsIas6aMlLRUtQAlHDA-w

in Thief

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

i think you should explain your build. it seems a bit random to me.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in Thief

messiah.1908

ok,
i want to find build which can be played with group fight and also can be good to roaming.

my build uses a lots of evades and dodges – you basically can dodge 7 times in a row
and can have almost perma vigor and almost perma fury while also benefit the group when stealing

for the condition meta you have 5 skills which cleanse conditions of you

play style:

i start with SB to check my enemy armor. if i hit above 1.2k i know he is squishy
and also the sb soften my enemies with bleed poison and can make them use their heal skill earlier to my burst from s/p set
with group play i mainly use SB for aoe which does 3-5k dmg and AA does 1-2k dmg to 3 target
so this build enable me to dive in ABUSE SB2 and dodge out and secure the downs

i know that ppl use with s/d the 10,30,0,30,0 set or with s/p the 10,30,0,030 build but with bit less dmg you can have more initiatives points gain with 0,30,0,20,20 as you get 3 more and steal gives 3 more and also maintain the 3 ini gain per 10 seconds and with 2 signets uses you get 4 more every 24 seconds

so to sum up:
1. great power
2. great crit chance
3. good crit dmg (2.2-2.3 multiplier)
4. great evades and dodge
5. great aoe dmg

versus medium armor 2.2k and health pool 17-18k

check the video also

in Thief

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

i’d change runes.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in Thief

Posted by: MatthijsB.4731

MatthijsB.4731

i’d change runes.

That just use Daggerstorm for stability(cancel it) and your damage seems kinda low to me. Atleast for what I’ve seen in the video.
I use S/D in zergs with 0/30/20/20/0 and my Larcenous strike seems to deal the same amount of damage of you PW.

in Thief

messiah.1908

That just use Daggerstorm for stability(cancel it) and your damage seems kinda low to me. Atleast for what I’ve seen in the video.
I use S/D in zergs with 0/30/20/20/0 and my Larcenous strike seems to deal the same amount of damage of you PW.

thanks
what are your state which yield more dmg?
and doesnt LS base dmg is third of PW so how it does same dmg?

and do you think SB should be buffed anc could be used as main hand weapon?

in Thief

Posted by: MatthijsB.4731

MatthijsB.4731

thanks
what are your state which yield more dmg?
and doesnt LS base dmg is third of PW so how it does same dmg?

and do you think SB should be buffed anc could be used as main hand weapon?

I just noticed in your video that you were hitting ~3-4k with PW. Maybe it was a high armor target, or you did’nt manage to hit the foe all the time. In WvW fights are a bit more moving than PvE so I don’t know if it’s the best choice to root yourself with PW.
Well in zerg fights I prefer surviving rather than maximum damage, if I’m following the commander during pushes I’ll try to evade as much as possible with my Flanking Strike, and when I’m not running with the commander or in stealth I’m spamming poison fields. So SB is perfect in it’s current state for me.