SOAC Revenge Tourney - Thank you!

in Thief

Posted by: Bas.7406

Bas.7406

This Saturday is a follow up to the amazing Thursday Event. You can check out the rules here: SOAC Tournament II

SOAC Held what could only be called the first real shoutcasted tournament and it went amazingly well. Check out this post Game Thread for how it went! WE had a great time with an incredible setup. This Saturday will be for those who want to go again or if you didn’t get to go and want to go.

Time: Saturday 10am PST GMT-8

Coach Nettle’s Thieves

Current Saturday NA Thief Signups

Arganthium.5638
Lux.7169
Iove.3902
EoNxBoNx.9213
LuxShinju.7846

If you are unable to make the event please post here, or let zoose know ahead of time! Great work on Thursday guys

Shoutcasters: Daemonlasher and Jumper http://www.twitch.tv/soacgaming; Blu and Grouch http://www.twitch.tv/blu42

Sittingonacouch.com Bracket:
Shoutcasted by – Daemonlasher and Jumper http://www.twitch.tv/soacgaming

1. Nettle’s Thieves vs 8. Rangers
4. Gibbly’s Necromancer vs 5. Guardian

(edited by Bas.7406)

in Thief

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

Same as before, I’m willing to join.

in Thief

Bas.7406

I think I had 3 thieves two days after Grim that emailed me and said did I miss it?

in Thief

Posted by: Sithaco.4673

Sithaco.4673

So, is it always profession vs profession?

in Thief

Bas.7406

So, is it always profession vs profession?

Currently that’s what we are setting up. Eventually we may setup and feature team matches, but there are about a dozen guys doing that currently

in Thief

Posted by: Scootabuser.4915

Scootabuser.4915

“Arenanet liked our event so much they allowed us access to a custom arena to host another events.”

Lol and then their head disappeared so far up their own kitten it was never seen again.

Insert Personal Achievements and/or Youtube Channel Here

in Thief

Bas.7406

“Arenanet liked our event so much they allowed us access to a custom arena to host another events.”

Lol and then their head disappeared so far up their own kitten it was never seen again.

Your point is noted and yet I have no idea what your point was.

For the rest of you thieves, let’s get some signups going!

in Thief

Posted by: xmtrcv.5236

xmtrcv.5236

IGN: Damage Dolly
Day Available: Thursday (May 9th)
Record Capability: Local or Stream (Twitch)
NA or EU: NA

Damage Dolly
we all began as something else

in Thief

Bas.7406

We have a week until this goes so it’s going so make plans ahead of time. :P

in Thief

Bas.7406

Let’s get a few more signups before next week :P.

in Thief

Bas.7406

It’s Coming up this week – Don’t miss out!

in Thief

Bas.7406

I say, you thieves like to avoid these events :P.

in Thief

Posted by: Kitcat.1739

Kitcat.1739

Bas, if I could reliably commit to a time, I would be there. :P
As it is, I think it’s major fun that you’re hosting these events – hope you get some more sign ups!

“Premade”
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

in Thief

Bas.7406

Bas, if I could reliably commit to a time, I would be there. :P
As it is, I think it’s major fun that you’re hosting these events – hope you get some more sign ups!

I appreciate the kind words. I am trying to think of different events to do, that aren’t like all the rest of the tournaments which focus solely on regular organized teams.

in Thief

Bas.7406

Only a few more spots needed. Let’s go! This Thursday 5:30pm PST/GMT-8

This event will be shoutcasted by our very own Daemonlasher

in Thief

Posted by: Nettle.9025

Nettle.9025

I’ll do it

IGN: Nèttle (è is alt+138)
Day Available: Thursday and Saturday
Record Capability: Stream (see sig)

Badding up tourneys since 2012
NA tPvP – Elementalist – Thief

in Thief

Bas.7406

woohoo, looks like we are definitely getting a thief team!

in Thief

Bas.7406

Shoutcasters are lined up, we need more!

in Thief

Posted by: Rastaman.9015

Rastaman.9015

IGN: Invis Dreamz
Day Available: Everyday Except Wednesdays (6:00 pm-12:00 am EDT)/ and Saturdays
Record Capability:Fraps
NA or EU:NA

The class master. I enjoy all of the professions.

in Thief

Bas.7406

Okay so two big notes of news. We are asking people not to stream the events to help push people to the shoutcasters to give them a chance at practice. You can record it and put it up on youtube later.

Secondly we are going to be grabbing some of the top tournament guys to lend their name to the teams and coach (not play) the players, to talk strategy, specs, and general coaching.

A new post is coming soon that will state more as to why!

in Thief

Bas.7406

Come on Thieves we need just a few more, don’t let the Rangers and Guardians beat you to a full team. Time to prove you need a buff :P

in Thief

Kitcat.1739

Since you mentioned substitutes: what would be your stance on adding thief players online at the time to this tournament? Obviously not ideal; but would it be preferable to not being able to run a thief team at all?

“Premade”

in Thief

Bas.7406

Since you mentioned substitutes: what would be your stance on adding thief players online at the time to this tournament? Obviously not ideal; but would it be preferable to not being able to run a thief team at all?

That would work. We need a good starting squad and then about 1 to 2 guys who are waiting in the wings in case someone is out.

We have only two to three confirmed thief players. Nettle wants to coach ;p, so that knocks us down to two, but if he can get a coach he will play. Signups will be open up until the event starts, and the thieves have to play their first game. Which I will push until last if we are having trouble locating a player.

If there is a sub, just notify me, and I will do a quick conference with the other coaches (all coaches will be on my mumble), and if they say go for it, than we will allow the sub.

in Thief

Kitcat.1739

That would work. We need a good starting squad and then about 1 to 2 guys who are waiting in the wings in case someone is out.

We have only two to three confirmed thief players. Nettle wants to coach ;p, so that knocks us down to two, but if he can get a coach he will play. Signups will be open up until the event starts, and the thieves have to play their first game. Which I will push until last if we are having trouble locating a player.

If there is a sub, just notify me, and I will do a quick conference with the other coaches (all coaches will be on my mumble), and if they say go for it, than we will allow the sub.

In that case, you can add me to the list of possible subs.

IGN: Aize Knowitall
Day Available: Thursday
Recording Capability: None

“Premade”

in Thief

Bas.7406

Okay sounds great!

in Thief

Posted by: Rastaman.9015

Rastaman.9015

EDIT:

• I’m going for Thursday by the way.
The class master. I enjoy all of the professions.

in Thief

Bas.7406

EDIT:

• I’m going for Thursday by the way.

I believe we have you scheduled for that day. If you know anyone else we have two open spots available.

in Thief

Bas.7406

We have an open spot for one more enterprising Thief

in Thief

Grimwolf.7163

Okay so two big notes of news. We are asking people not to stream the events to help push people to the shoutcasters to give them a chance at practice. You can record it and put it up on youtube later.

Secondly we are going to be grabbing some of the top tournament guys to lend their name to the teams and coach (not play) the players, to talk strategy, specs, and general coaching.

Out of curiosity… What is a Shoutcaster?

in Thief

Bas.7406

Essentially they act as an announcer for the event like on sports television.

we have a full thief team :P

in Thief

Grimwolf.7163

Essentially they act as an announcer for the event like on sports television.

we have a full thief team :P

While live streaming it?

in Thief

Bas.7406

that is correct so in this case there are two arenas we will be using with simultaneous streams on the tournament with two shoutcasters or announcers doing play by play. So if you have friends who want to watch you play, you would send them to the stream where your team is playing.

in Thief

Nettle.9025

Yea Team Thief

I’ll be coaching this tomorrow. I’ve talked with about half of you already, but for those who I’ve missed, I will try to be available in game at least an hour before start tomorrow to talk builds and strat.

in Thief

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

If you need a 5th I am available whenever. 500+ tourney wins on thief.

IGN: Lux Fortuna
Day Available: Any
Record Capability: Fraps

[SoF]

in Thief

Bas.7406

IGN: kenshippow.8036 Day Available: Thursday, Saturday (Maybe) Record Capability: None NA or EU: NA

in Thief

Bas.7406

great work guys, better luck on Sat

in Thief

Lux.7169

I would like to participate again on the Saturday tourney (was the substitute player aphrodite in the thursday one)

IGN: Lux Fortuna

[SoF]

in Thief

Posted by: Iove.3902

Iove.3902

I’ll reinstall for this. Teach people how to actually play s/d

IGN: Wasdica
Day Available: Any day you need me, babe
Record Capability: Stream

in Thief

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

I will definitely be there.

IGN: Kinjax

“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock

in Thief

Lux.7169

Also my input about the original lack of signups has to do with the fact that a lot of the active pvp’ers I know don’t check out the forums too often. Even though I check out the forums a lot I thought the sign up for this would be full and didn’t bother to check personally. I asked a few of my thief friends in game if they wanted to try this out and they all really wanted to but just didn’t know what to do until I explained it to them. Perhaps the coaches (since they’re going to be experienced and on the ladder) could help recruit players in future events. I’m not saying they should load teams with r40+ but just get more players who are active in the tourney scene.

[SoF]

in Thief

Grimwolf.7163

This Saturday is a follow up to the amazing Thursday Event. You can check out the rules here: SOAC Tournament II

SOAC Held what could only be called the first real shoutcasted tournament and it went amazingly well. Check out this post Game Thread for how it went! WE had a great time with an incredible setup. This Saturday will be for those who want to go again or if you didn’t get to go and want to go.

Time: Saturday 10am PST GMT-8

Coach Nettle’s Thieves

Current Saturday NA Thief Signups

Grimwolf.7163

If you are unable to make the event please post here, or let zoose know ahead of time! Great work on Thursday guys

Shoutcasters: Daemonlasher and Jumper http://www.twitch.tv/soacgaming; Blu and Grouch http://www.twitch.tv/blu42

I can’t make it for 10am on Saturday. I don’t think I even get out of work that day until 11am PST.

in Thief

Nettle.9025

Thanks for all you thieves that played last night, it was a lot of fun. We had a tough matchup right away against eles, almost pulled off a win on niflhel but ended up falling 0-2. We made a strong comeback and won against the mesmers in our consolation match though!

We need a couple more new signups for Saturday. If you do want to play, please try to be available at least 30-45 minutes before the tourney. We didn’t have much prep time before our first match thursday, and it’d be great to have a bit of extra time to get our builds and strats together.

in Thief

Posted by: xmtrcv.5236

xmtrcv.5236

I’d love to play again, but I cannot because – responsibilities. xD Good luck to all those who do play!

Damage Dolly
we all began as something else

in Thief

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Awesome.

I’m quite sure that I can make this tournament, I’m almost entirely free Saturday. I have a sports thingy going on at 5:30 PST, but that’s it. It’ll almost certainly be over by 7:30 or 8.

Sign me up, please.

IGN: Arctu Spackle Yarba
Day Available: Saturday
Recording Capability: None

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Thief

Posted by: LuxShinju.7846

LuxShinju.7846

I can play my ign is “Seraphixation”
Add me to friends and let me know the strategy. I can’t record matches though.

in Thief

Bas.7406

Also my input about the original lack of signups has to do with the fact that a lot of the active pvp’ers I know don’t check out the forums too often. Even though I check out the forums a lot I thought the sign up for this would be full and didn’t bother to check personally. I asked a few of my thief friends in game if they wanted to try this out and they all really wanted to but just didn’t know what to do until I explained it to them. Perhaps the coaches (since they’re going to be experienced and on the ladder) could help recruit players in future events. I’m not saying they should load teams with r40+ but just get more players who are active in the tourney scene.

We are actually going to do both next month.

We will have recruited teams with a coach, and amateur sign-ups. This will give it a new flavor. It will also be EU and NA

in Thief

Bas.7406

I can’t make it for 10am on Saturday. I don’t think I even get out of work that day until 11am PST.

I am so glad you got to be a part of this event. The amount of times you signed up and no one else showed up was awesome. You gave me the courage to keep asking for more thieves.

in Thief

Nettle.9025

Looks like we have our five for Saturday, but if anyone else wants to play don’t hesitate to sign up. We did have to bring in a sub on Thursday so it would be great to have 1 or 2 for this one as well.

Just to clarify I have Lux from yesterday, and 4 new people: Wasdica, Kinjax, Arctu, and Seraphixation. I will try to catch the new people sometime tonight to discuss builds.

in Thief

Grimwolf.7163

I am so glad you got to be a part of this event. The amount of times you signed up and no one else showed up was awesome. You gave me the courage to keep asking for more thieves.

You made it sound like a eulogy XD
I’d still like to do more in the future.

in Thief

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Looks like we have our five for Saturday, but if anyone else wants to play don’t hesitate to sign up. We did have to bring in a sub on Thursday so it would be great to have 1 or 2 for this one as well.

Just to clarify I have Lux from yesterday, and 4 new people: Wasdica, Kinjax, Arctu, and Seraphixation. I will try to catch the new people sometime tonight to discuss builds.

Cool deal.

I can show you the two that I’ve been main-ing as of late, but I think your advice will likely be more valuable anyways. But yeah.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter