Sad thief

Sad thief

in Thief

Posted by: deda.8302

deda.8302

So i have been trying unsuccesfuly to find thief build that could work in this meta.
To much reveal ,to much aoe to much dmg for a builds that should have mediocore dmg.

This is a class with least and lowest aplication of

-Quicknes,Stability,Protection,Resistance?,Aegis

-worst condi cleans of em all (absolution just somehow dont work for me)

-least blocks and inv(lol) time

Lov hp + low armor
Mobility that is not important since you can just run around and do nothing.

Worst heals in game,
-worst traps,
-worst signets
-deception that became ussles with so much revealed(now every class can stealth and reveal but thief cant reveal kitten except him self)

-Venoms that have insane cd while other proffesions sprout conditions just by passing by.

Even in soft cc we fall behinde almost every 1 since every other class can AOE daze on much longer duration than thief.

Single target Dmg that is sub par to ALL classes and with very high risk ,while other proffesions can walk in park and kill you by kittening aoe around:(

Before HOT i had at least that stealth res, +1 game play to look forward to ,now this is just obsolate . It was hard class to play but it made it even more rewarding for earned win.

What we have now is endles evade,that you can dance around you enemy and wait for a moment till that random aoe cc will catch that (ppl are not so stuipd to throw skills while you are dancing around them)

Im just raging a bit ,just feel completly lost now, as a thief nothing works:(

edit :
no retaliation
edit:2
i just rememberd time when Flank /Lasc strike was guted to hell for boon striping
revenat has that same thing if not better

So boon striping if not lowest but still usseless

Agin im sorry for all this rant, i went trough all classes since HoT release and thief is by far most underwhelming of them all .
For most of other i can find place in team ( i swap accoridng to whati think is needed imho to complement team) theif doesnt complement anything

Another P.S.
im just sitting bored and rewinding last weeks of gw2 spvp trough my head and this is most distingushed impression of them all.

edit 3:
removed reflect remark…
totaly forgot about D storm,and honestly neglected staff as weapon (i was trying so hard to push sword/somthing to work but its either beyond my skill or it realy is usseles.)

(edited by deda.8302)

Sad thief

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Dagger storm and aa stage 3 on staff reflects. The new heal is pretty cool and withdraw is (would be if was 10% more healing like anet said)

Out side of s/d, bountiful theft is only good for burst, I mean the amount of eles I have killed or help kill by stripping protection of them is a lot. But yeah, the rest sums up thief alright lol

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

Sad thief

in Thief

Posted by: Hitsuke.5304

Hitsuke.5304

Dagger storm and aa stage 3 on staff reflects. The new heal is pretty cool and withdraw is (would be if was 10% more healing like anet said)

Out side of s/d, bountiful theft is only good for burst, I mean the amount of eles I have killed or help kill by stripping protection of them is a lot. But yeah, the rest sums up thief alright lol

Agreed, the new heal is one of the best in game imho. It’s pretty fast and should you have full End you’ll be getting a near 8k heal on a short CD… It’s sweet. It would be nice if all staff 1 animations had reflect though, we would be like Jedi reflecting rapid shot back in the face of Rangers lol (I’m asking too much I know)

Sad thief

in Thief

deda.8302

Suprisingly only guard,rev and wr have as selfish heals as theif has but they have more sustain trough other means and team utilities.
Im kind of stuck on withdraw since it gets me out of that stupid aoe or condi fields flying all around.
But yes you are right heals are not as bad as I made it seam.

Sad thief

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I ran CS, DD and.. SA the past few weeks – I like the new skills (6-0) but went back to CS, SA, T yesterday. I can’t go without SA as much I’d love to, but the options to remove condis otherwise are just too weak.
Staff itself is pretty boring – I don’t get why our only CC relies on being stealthed but we have no smoke field on that weapon. So I’m supposed to run offhand pistol as a second set and wait 9 seconds until my possible next CC? And then again 9 seconds before I can use staff again – really good design
So yeah, I’m curious if and how anet will save thief – oh and when.

Sad thief

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

I’ve been having success with this build. Average vault lands for 6.5k-8.5k with highs up to 13k (for some reason I hit this against necros). DH is still the hardest fight for 1v1, but doable. Everything else is alright. I might not wreck everything, but I don’t feel like I’m at a severe disadvantage.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

Sad thief

in Thief

Posted by: EazyPanda.6419

EazyPanda.6419

I personally don’t like the new heal skill outside of PvE. The instant evade and removal of Cripple, Chill and Immob is much more useful then 1.5 dodges. Unless you are running Dash as your dodge, Withdraw is too useful to pass.

And I don’t know, thief is not in as bad a place as the community makes it out to be, especially with the introduction of Daredevil.

In PvP, you still have very high burst damage, which can +1, even solo insta-down and stomp someone who is caught off guard (i have done it with Tempests, Revenants, even DHs). You have decent 1v1 capabilities, and can hold your own in teamfights. Sure you are still used for decapping points and +1s, but you have more options then you’ve had in the past. Many times I have surprised people expecting a free kill when they see me alone decapping a point on Far.
Heck, I’ve even semi-bunkered points with 3 enemies on top of me, just long enough for my teammates to arrive. (Bounding Staff cheese build ftw)

In PvE, you pretty much have the highest physical DPS in raids. (30k weakening charges, 18k Bounds (dodges), 25k Auto-attack chains), a full sustainable DPS chain easily hitting 125k damage every 5-6 seconds, provided if we can land our rotations properly.

In fractals and Dungeons, Thieves are always useful.
In the Jungle (open -world), I’m having fun with full zerk Staff DD, and surviving without any issues.

In WvW and GvGs, your new elite is extremely powerful. When coordinated with a chronomancer providing quickness, I’ve fund it possible to burst and stomp a backline ele in 3 seconds, without even giving them time to mist form out in downed state.

Anet logic:
where bashing people over the head with a stick deals more damage than a stab to the heart.
-My D.A. = http://eazypanda.deviantart.com/

Sad thief

in Thief

deda.8302

Oh dont get me wrong ,i tried caeds build and it was good till some point.
I even had some success with it ,but in any organized fight its just not enough.

Before i could at least res ppl,finsih donw players and had som means of escape now …
Sinc i play all classes i can tell difference ,and belive me thief is not ok.

when you swap to thief after ,memser (even GS/s.t pow) ,engi ,necro ,ranger, you need to up your concentration 10x just to stay alive ,it is very very demanding on sped reaction and map over view and concentration in all.
No room for mistakes,in anything beyond 2v2 you are liabilty to your team…

Sad thief

in Thief

deda.8302

When you have 15k games with thief compared to my 1.5k games you must know class beter than i do and be better than i am.
Im not exactly want to roll over ppl ,but when you take in cosideration that every other class was given easy access to stuff i pointed in my post ,you must say that something is wrong here.

Our main proffesion mechanic -stealth+anti stealth is given to other proffesions ,and other means of negating dmg and buffs thet thief has no axccess to.

I think i forgot resistance in my list,with access to resistance that absolution trait might have some sense but it doesnt…

Sad thief

in Thief

Jana.6831

And I don’t know, thief is not in as bad a place as the community makes it out to be, especially with the introduction of Daredevil.

It is, otherwise the die hard thieves from esportz would still run it in tournament.
I wrote that I like the DrD line and the new skills – I really do but it feels as if what I need for my D/D to work is scattered across all lines = I can’t make a build and the best I could come up with was the vanillas trait lines – can’t live without trickery as no interrupt, steal CD too long, no trickster, withdraw cooldown too long, daggerstorm cooldown too long. Can’t live without SA because of SE.
I’m a rev noob and I had to take some traits I wasn’t too fond of (as for now) – but I felt as if I were able to make a build – I don’t have that feeling with thief.
Also I fought as a DrD thief against a DrD thief yesterday and the fight went endlessly and was only broken up because some of my allies came. I don’t think I like that all DrD has got is evades – if a class is mirrored and not able to kill each other, then something is off. Not saying that DrD is OP, but if the other classes are nerfed a bit, the evades will become a problem.
ETA: Problem is that our elite is evades.

Sad thief

in Thief

EazyPanda.6419

Oh dont get me wrong ,i tried caeds build and it was good till some point.
I even had some success with it ,but in any organized fight its just not enough.

Before i could at least res ppl,finsih donw players and had som means of escape now …
Sinc i play all classes i can tell difference ,and belive me thief is not ok.

when you swap to thief after ,memser (even GS/s.t pow) ,engi ,necro ,ranger, you need to up your concentration 10x just to stay alive ,it is very very demanding on sped reaction and map over view and concentration in all.
No room for mistakes,in anything beyond 2v2 you are liabilty to your team…

It is, otherwise the die hard thieves from esportz would still run it in tournament.
I wrote that I like the DrD line and the new skills – I really do but it feels as if what I need for my D/D to work is scattered across all lines = I can’t make a build and the best I could come up with was the vanillas trait lines – can’t live without trickery as no interrupt, steal CD too long, no trickster, withdraw cooldown too long, daggerstorm cooldown too long. Can’t live without SA because of SE.
I’m a rev noob and I had to take some traits I wasn’t too fond of (as for now) – but I felt as if I were able to make a build – I don’t have that feeling with thief.
Also I fought as a DrD thief against a DrD thief yesterday and the fight went endlessly and was only broken up because some of my allies came. I don’t think I like that all DrD has got is evades – if a class is mirrored and not able to kill each other, then something is off. Not saying that DrD is OP, but if the other classes are nerfed a bit, the evades will become a problem.
ETA: Problem is that our elite is evades.

I’ll agree that thieves are not is the best place for PvP, but honestly, it’s not in the worst spot at the moment.
Top teams have no choice but to run the best builds of the best class to actually win. But that doesn’t mean we can’t have fun with thief.
The problem is not with the thief, but with the huge power creeps that other classes obtained.
If you see 3 DH in the opposing team, it’s almost always a slaughter.
If you see 3 condition reapers on the opposing team (some probabaly running epidemic), you’ll probably never want to go to mid. (heck, 50+ stacks of bleeds, poisons, chill and burning is not joke, especially on a thief.)

My point is, yes, Thief is not ‘Meta’ in PvP at the moment. Other classes can wreck us easily with the right build. But that doesn’t mean the thief is unplayable.
Try to have fun with the class, look at the bright side. Try not to say ‘ugh my class sucks, Dh op DD UP’; instead, say ‘LOL i can kill a DH with a THIEF? xD’.

Get my point?

But then again, maybe it’s because I don’t have sky-high MMR, which is why I can still have fun.

Anet logic:
where bashing people over the head with a stick deals more damage than a stab to the heart.

Sad thief

in Thief

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

I’ve been having success with:

Valkyrie

Acrobatics/Trickery/Daredevil

Bound dodge/Staff master / Physical reduction

Pain Response / Hard to catch / Dont stop

Thrill of the crime/ (Bountiful Theft or Trickster)/ Sleight of hand

Sword / Pistol + Staff, (Both sets running Sigil of Intelligence, Sigil of Fire)

And rune of the daredevil.

All damage is sword auto, Stealing mid-bound to land bound damage, and staff 5.

Roll for ini, Shadowstep and Agility sigil for utilities, Basi for Elite.

Staffs hit heavy, common dps condis get cleared by trait and sword #2, and stealth is on demand with pistol offhand.

Plus you end up with stacking swiftness the longer you fight, so its easy to run away if you have shadowstep up.

Ironically it’s bad against dagger mainhand thieves because blind spam whiffs your burst by 50%, so working on that.

It lets me beat the hell out of revenants and condi engies though.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)

Sad thief

in Thief

deda.8302

I dont think i have high MMr my self ,and i still enjoy thief but not in ranked.
Ppl simply dont want you in their team and with reason.

Im currently in sapphire and honestly i cant fight ppl there with thief,maybe thats my skill cap forthis class
With other proffesions i can ,not exactly easyly but with much less effort,i have tools given by devs to face most situations on them…

Sad thief

in Thief

Jana.6831

Azure: Thief Dagger mainhand usually don’t run CiS, so the only blind comes from pistol offhand 4 and 5 – I’d be more vary of revenants when it comes to blinds (my revenant has got a blind build – who would’ve guessed?! – you know blind is so OP that thief has got it as a grandmaster – only when he manages to stealth, but oh well, let’s give it rev on auto attack).

Panda: I’m a wvw player and would love to be able to 1 vs 1 people properly again. It’s no fun to always run away. That might be good anough for PvP (though I bet it isn’t) but not for wvw.
And: if you compare Shiro to thief you really wonder why everything rev has got on very low cooldown with very little effort came from thief who had it nerfed into oblivion. And even if that weren’t the case I still don’t get all the reveal skills – makes no sense at all.

Sad thief

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

I have three thieves now I currently use. Two are just about there one a work in progress.

Staff thief is power. I tried a number of iterations and finally came back to DD/SA/Trickery. I intergrated some amount of stealth into the build just to use the hook strike . (this also frees up pulmonary impact or staff mastery) SOH is used for the interrupts along with hidden thief for a stealth on steal. The new interrupt sigil that drains life added to the build for some sustain on interrupt. Basi still used over the new Elite simply because it works at range and P/P is off hand set.

Condi thief enough said. He is loaded up on healing and has tremendous sustain being able to destroy dragon hunters even if they sit in traps as he can heal through them. He pretty easy to play and hard to kill unless focused. Yes he dodges and evades a lot and gets a lot of qq from the dead.

I am working on a power thief based on all boon thefts and interrupts. This one will have high armor and vitality and little in the way of precision relying on daredevil runes. This one will go for the 10 percent damage reduction off weakining strikes along with the same off the Unhindered. There also that 10 percent damage reduction food she will take. The steal should steal 3 boons with the boon theft on interrupt trait and distracting daggers will be the other form of interrupt along with that basi venom. Still a work in progress as I deliberate between s/p and s/d. (SP has more interrupts for those interrupt sigils s/d more evades and larcenous)

Sad thief

in Thief

Azure The Heartless.3261

And: if you compare Shiro to thief you really wonder why everything rev has got on very low cooldown with very little effort came from thief who had it nerfed into oblivion. And even if that weren’t the case I still don’t get all the reveal skills – makes no sense at all.

I wish I could have a seven hit attack that was unevadable that granted me might on successful hit that was also a two second evade. At least the class would have sustain then.

Anet I’m bitter. I’ll level with you. Seeing thieves getting bullied while classes have access to skills like this is just plain making me bitter. I shouldnt have to go gear and level a specific class just to play competently.

Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Sad thief

in Thief

Jana.6831

I wish I could have a seven hit attack that was unevadable that granted me might on successful hit that was also a two second evade. At least the class would have sustain then.

Anet I’m bitter. I’ll level with you. Seeing thieves getting bullied while classes have access to skills like this is just plain making me bitter. I shouldnt have to go gear and level a specific class just to play competently.

If it makes you feel better; I survived such an attack yesterday and stomped that Rev in slo-mo (he slowed me while downed).

ETA: On the other hand I killed a Necro with my level 76 exotic zerker gear without a backpiece, half build (“I think I forgot to fill some lines”) S/S rev the day before.

(edited by Jana.6831)

Sad thief

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Valkyrie

Sword / Pistol + Staff, (Both sets running Sigil of Intelligence, Sigil of Fire)

Staffs hit heavy, common dps condis get cleared by trait and sword #2, and stealth is on demand with pistol offhand.

Plus you end up with stacking swiftness the longer you fight, so its easy to run away if you have shadowstep up.

Ironically it’s bad against dagger mainhand thieves because blind spam whiffs your burst by 50%, so working on that.

Glad to see someone else making use of Runes of the Daredevil.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

Sad thief

in Thief

Azure The Heartless.3261

If it makes you feel better; I survived such an attack yesterday and stomped that Rev in slo-mo (he slowed me while downed).

ETA: On the other hand I killed a Necro with my level 76 exotic zerker gear without a backpiece, half build (“I think I forgot to fill some lines”) S/S rev the day before.

I too have had the luxury of beating and slow-stomping a revenant.

Nothing more satisfying.

Sad thief

in Thief

Jana.6831

Nothing more satisfying.

Yeah, I so wish I had recorded that – with my trolly gemshop dragon finisher which stayed up at least a minute as it was slowed down as well.. just epic!

Sad thief

in Thief

Azure The Heartless.3261

Nothing more satisfying.

Yeah, I so wish I had recorded that – with my trolly gemshop dragon finisher which stayed up at least a minute as it was slowed down as well.. just epic!

Rainbow unicorn or no deal.
Maximum humiliation.

Sad thief

in Thief

Jana.6831

Nah, can’t tell everyone I’m a girl.
(“Yo, you’ve been beaten by a female D/D thief, LEARN TO PLAY!!”)

Sad thief

in Thief

Azure The Heartless.3261

This has no significance, do it anyway~
You must use the unicorn finisher. If not, at the very least minstrel if you are thief.
You must burn the lolz into their mind.

Sad thief

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

I personally don’t like the new heal skill outside of PvE. The instant evade and removal of Cripple, Chill and Immob is much more useful then 1.5 dodges. Unless you are running Dash as your dodge, Withdraw is too useful to pass.

I’m starting to feel the same way. The main reason I picked CV is because I use Bound for offensive but I have no anti-CCI (cripple, chill, immob) so I switched to Dash and doing so makes CV useless for the most part since with Dash, I don’t dodge often enough. Withdraw is a perfect fit for anti-CCI options but the healing bug (?) needs to be fixed, if not, at least roll back the CDT to 15 sec.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Sad thief

in Thief

EazyPanda.6419

Personally I found I pretty much counter shiro revenants
I’m running a typical DA, Trick, DD build, with no stealth whatsoever outside of stolen stealth.
It’s fun seeing revenants panic when I simply dodge their unrelenting assault, either with two dodges or one dodge + vault. I’ve found that if you ate the 1st strike of UA, one dodge and a vault means the Rev eating the full damage of our vaults.
Revenant’s stolen skill is one of my favorites. 4k damage on crit, slows, and with improv, that’s 8k free damage XD.

Stomping revs are a pain though. Is it just me or their downed attack hurts a lot more compared to other classes? I’ve lost count of the times a rev downs me in downed state :/ I always use impact strike when it comes to revs.
And that knockback is just plain broken, especially in skyhammer.

I have no clue how to deal with scrappers and condi reapers tho.

Anet logic:

(edited by EazyPanda.6419)

Sad thief

in Thief

Jana.6831

You must use the unicorn finisher. If not, at the very least minstrel if you are thief.

I can stomp 3 while the first one is still up

Sad thief

in Thief

Azure The Heartless.3261

I can stomp 3 while the first one is still up

This is now acceptable.

Sad thief

in Thief

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

note for OP – thief also has no reliable knockback. only class without one.

Sad thief

in Thief

deda.8302

note for OP – thief also has no reliable knockback. only class without one.

Thank you

This was the point of my post.

every other class has multiple tools available for diffrent situations in a match,and can do multiroles and deal with prety much anything you throw at them .
Some do this with ease some strugle but still can do.

Any group fight with thief in it is doomed to fail,evasion stops at some point.
If some1 remember lowel (he was posting at gw2guru more than here and had most extensive thief guid ever done)

There was this 2xd/d build with swap weapon ini and stuff,i made somthing similar to it with LOT of eva and good condi dmg
I could kill that DH on point prety easily some other classes not prepared for condi thief.

Any group fight some stray aoe ,cc wil catch you and there is so much more condi cleanse in group fights that i become usseless.

I see that there is a staff build like that and im happy it works for some ,but truth is it is very limited.

Caed says that thief is only class that is Ok and others are just pow creep.
In a way he is right,but that doesnt change fact that you are more liability than ok.

Also i can not find any other class with so much buffs taken from them
Most of them lack 1 or 2

So so many things that were nerfed to the ground on theif are given freelly and in abundance to other classes.
Because, if thief have boons with stealth and condi cleans that doesnt fail if you are revealed ,its called OP .
If others have evasion frames super high dmh with boons strping its ok.

Maybe theif is only class properly developed and specializes in a role assigned by developers,maybe others need to be tooned down ,but we are still playing same game .

Almost all utilities before HOT need to be remade ,thie is true for other classes as well

(edited by deda.8302)

Sad thief

in Thief

Posted by: Hitsuke.5304

Hitsuke.5304

Personally I feel as though Staff is somewhat competitive in the current meta. There’s very little you can’t have a good old bust up with. It’s still nowhere near as strong as other class meta builds of course, but it is capable.

I’m having a lot of joy with my current roaming build and with the exception of the odd bunker condi spammer scrub I’m able to handle most fights without too much hassle. I certainly win more 1v1s than I lose. My experience is based on WvW so I can’t speak for sPvP personally.

Great survivability & good (but not top end) damage.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQJAWVn8lCdmilOBGOBkmiFqiyLE+gSornCggcO73+yH-TVCBQBBc/h0oEUCXAAvoEDAPBA9pLILKPYwhAQhq/EAAB4m3MbezAH9oH9oH9odzbe0be0bWKAB1ZB-w

Sad thief

in Thief

Fat Disgrace.4275

Thats nice, close to my stats :p. like you said, i have tried s/d with the new and just isnt viable, i mean it works but not on the same level as staff. weird that staff stealth attack is a kd with no stealth on the weapon set lol but ho well, dust strike and debilitating arc are so awesome though.

this is what i use

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQJAWVn8lClOhdPBGmCkmiFYCzLNcGaDzdwS4KULBEA2NA-TVDEABRcIA2f/BCeABJqqgBXABmU+4uOApUCBoSw200AwBC4hjIg/q1EAABYn3Mbezs5Nv5Nf0je0je0j2Ov5NP6RPapAEUnF-w

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

Sad thief

in Thief

deda.8302

Valkyrie

I tried almost exactly same thing but with s/d ,and asssin reward and quick pockets for non stop bouncing boon striping,heals.
That small frame in LS and landing after Vault gets me killed every time in team fights.

I was very hyped about this build ,this was first thing that came to my mind after i saw dardevil traits and tought that I will have a chance to play somthing that scraper is right now.
lack of some of the things i listed in my op proved me wrong(mainly buffs ,tho some utilities could do better)

Could be i just lack mechanical skills+ reaction time or better internet connection for this to work properly

Strange tho that on other proffesions i do not lack that much….

Hardest class to play these days thief…

Sad thief

in Thief

EazyPanda.6419

I’m getting good results with this build

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQJAWVn0MBlOhFOBWOBkmiFYCzLNcGaDzdwR4KULBEA2NA-TpBFABCcBAEvMg6HCg73fYhjAAAPAAA
Which has pretty high burst damage (will be able to 100-0 light classes like other thieves), with the help of boonstripping, haste, and with 2 shadowsteps can execute a follow-up burst.

or it’s variant

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQJAWVn0MBlOhFOB+OBkmiFYCzLNEHaDzdwR4KULBEA2NA-TpBFABCcBAEvMg6HCg73fYhjAAAPAAA
Which has pretty high sustain, with a total of 4 condition cleansing skills.

The game-changer I’ve found is Rune of the scrapper. I find myself being decently tanky with these runes. I can’t be bursted down by other thieves from full HP, nor do i straight up melt in DH traps (provided they are within 600 range of me), yet still doing very high damage.

One thing I’ve learnt after playing with staff thief a lot is to throw away the notion that you need stealth, and do not mindlessly spam Vault, doing so can get you killed.
Weakening charge is hard to land, but when it does land, it hits as hard as Vault, and it weakens the target. Blind on staff 4 is useful, so try not to neglect it. I only use vault as a gap closer or for AOE pressure, or when I’m semi-bunkering with bound and dodge spam against more then 1 enemies on a point.
I found staff 3 to be pretty useful at times, for the immob cure, and the cripple, which makes landing WC and Vaults a lot easier.

Anet logic:

Sad thief

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

In a way he is right,but that doesnt change fact that you are more liability than ok.

I don’t believe that. The OKness to the Thief is relative to the current meta.

Seeing that the Thief cannot even compete in the current meta tells me that the Thief is far from being OK.

Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen

Sad thief

in Thief

Azure The Heartless.3261

I don’t believe that. The OKness to the Thief is relative to the current meta.

Seeing that the Thief cannot even compete in the current meta tells me that the Thief is far from being OK.

I’m 50/50 on this.

I’m inclined to agree with Caed in the sense that Thief is the only class apparently being restrained from power creep, but at the same time, are we really going to consider that a nerf to every other class but ours would be even remotely reasonable for the sake of balance?

I’d say just buff thief until it can compete and then work with that new plane instead of hammering every other class back down to size.

Sad thief

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

But I like feed’n people to the jungle wurm finisher. Then dey turn into pewp liek teef.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Sad thief

in Thief

Fat Disgrace.4275

I use to like vigil mega lazer finisher, that was pretty fun to stealth stomp people with that .

Sad thief

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

The birthday finisher is the best IMO.

“You’re dead. Happy birthday to me.”

Sad thief

in Thief

Posted by: Elyndis.2130

Elyndis.2130

are we really going to consider that a nerf to every other class but ours [and warriors] would be even remotely reasonable for the sake of balance?

Yes.

Sad thief

in Thief

deda.8302

Hi ,played some more last night this time pow based,still can do fairly well 1v1,with s/d very good odds vs rev.

And vaulting + bound is huge,but very moment you stop evading you die.
In few team fight if i stop to res or stomp i just die.
(stealth doesnt help because of aoe adn random cc,and anything withcast time longer than 1/2s is death)
I feel like i need one more utility slot,or 3th weapon swap.

As long as you dance you survive ,lol

Every class has options to do multiple roles,with no draw backs,with aboundance of buffs .
Im not for a game wher everyone is boxed in what you can do.

Option to play bunker or broswer or dps should be available for every proffesion.
Problem is that somehow this works ony for thiefs and warriors,significance of roles for other proffsion is mostly lost…

Every1 else(1 or 2 exceptions) has everything in one build and this is not correct.

(edited by deda.8302)