Scale walls - Make it happen.

in Thief

Posted by: PearlGore.7419

PearlGore.7419

Since were slowly being re-invented lets add this ability please.

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

This would be a nice addition to the class in exchange for anti-stealth.

Just another noob thief…

in Thief

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

You can already (more or less) scale walls with SB’s IA.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Thief

PearlGore.7419

The walls of a keep? I Don’t think so.

in Thief

Arganthium.5638

Oh, that? Heck no. But if such an ability was created… Ugh. They’d have to give all classes major buffs, simply because climbing into keeps like that would just be… Ridiculous.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Thief

PearlGore.7419

Oh, that? Heck no. But if such an ability was created… Ugh. They’d have to give all classes major buffs, simply because climbing into keeps like that would just be… Ridiculous.

Not if it had a 2-5 hour CD, other games have done it and it worked fine. DAoC…

in Thief

Arganthium.5638

Not if it had a 2-5 hour CD, other games have done it and it worked fine. DAoC…

Ah, I see now.

Idk. It would be kinda awkward, I think, especially if was an elite. Not sure what to think about this one, tbh.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Thief

Posted by: Teamkiller.4315

Teamkiller.4315

They should let ALL classes scale walls, with the appropriate siege.

Like, for example, ladders. However, they would be easy to tip over by the defenders. However, that’s a topic for the wvw forum.

in Thief

PearlGore.7419

They should let ALL classes scale walls, with the appropriate siege.

Like, for example, ladders. However, they would be easy to tip over by the defenders. However, that’s a topic for the wvw forum.

Sounds like fun.

in Thief

Posted by: Teamkiller.4315

Teamkiller.4315

IMO instead of that you should really just let thieves have the same utility as the mesmer. I was thinking of giving each class a wvw specific utility that they could use. For example, you could give the thief the ability to open gates from the inside of an enemy tower for their allies if they were not detected upon the tower originally being taken. A Necro could for example have faster resurrection speed at the cost of the resurrected guy having revival sickness, an elementalist be able to fire elementally attuned catapult shots based on their attunement that offers more utility in exchange for less damage, etc etc.

In lieu of this I’d kinda want to see towers be kinda like keeps in the sense that there are multiple tiers of defense like in Keeps and in SMC but eh, that’s just me.

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

IMO instead of that you should really just let thieves have the same utility as the mesmer. I was thinking of giving each class a wvw specific utility that they could use. For example, you could give the thief the ability to open gates from the inside of an enemy tower for their allies if they were not detected upon the tower originally being taken. A Necro could for example have faster resurrection speed at the cost of the resurrected guy having revival sickness, an elementalist be able to fire elementally attuned catapult shots based on their attunement that offers more utility in exchange for less damage, etc etc.

In lieu of this I’d kinda want to see towers be kinda like keeps in the sense that there are multiple tiers of defense like in Keeps and in SMC but eh, that’s just me.

not just you

in Thief

Posted by: rmBossa.4621

rmBossa.4621

you just want to see the world QQ, dont you?

in Thief

Posted by: Professor Sensei.2941

Professor Sensei.2941

Actually I know 4 different towers you can “scale” with infiltrators arrow if you know the right spots. Reported the all but still. There are TONS of spots you can get into if you know how to “use” the skill.

Professor Sensei – Thief
Everything Purple

in Thief

Posted by: ski.4927

ski.4927

other games have done it and it worked fine. DAoC…

Yeah, but in DAoC a player would get squished against the guards. Especially the keep lord.

I can solo a Lord room in GW2. Major changes would be needed in guard difficulty, then I’d be ok with it.

IMO:

-The best PvPers out there should need a little luck to take down a flag guard solo.
-1 or 2 people should get owned by the guards at a supply camp.
-Guards and Lords at keeps should have their health and damage output quadrupled.
-It should take 15 minutes to bust down a keep door, not 45 seconds.

Turkish Krul – Druid

in Thief

Posted by: Falassion.8031

Falassion.8031

Mmmmm i dont like it.

The proposal is nice, but I can already see 10 thief who climb a tower and conquer it.

in Thief

Posted by: ski.4927

ski.4927

Yeah I hear ya there. I think they way DAoC got past that was with the Holy Trinity. Tanks and healers were neccessary there in most cases. I don’t know that it could be feasibly done in GW2.

Turkish Krul – Druid

in Thief

Posted by: Elmuerto.9840

Elmuerto.9840

Warhammer Online gave their MDPS the bypass defenses skill which was on a cool down allowing them to ‘pick lock’ and go in a back door. Weirdly it wasn’t widely used. I’m all for something like this sieges have got me bored so I left WvWvrunning around loads for sPvP.

in Thief

PearlGore.7419

other games have done it and it worked fine. DAoC…

Yeah, but in DAoC a player would get squished against the guards. Especially the keep lord.

I can solo a Lord room in GW2. Major changes would be needed in guard difficulty, then I’d be ok with it.

IMO:

-The best PvPers out there should need a little luck to take down a flag guard solo.
-1 or 2 people should get owned by the guards at a supply camp.
-Guards and Lords at keeps should have their health and damage output quadrupled.
-It should take 15 minutes to bust down a keep door, not 45 seconds.

I do agree guards and lords are far to weak, Keeps were more epic in DAoC Because of how hard they could be to take.