Scorpion Wire ...

Scorpion Wire ...

in Thief

Posted by: sylvanari.3951

sylvanari.3951

I’ve noticed that my SW is missing probably over 50% of the time, this being in clear view of my target. I’m currently level 71 living in WvW. Am I missing more because most of my targets are possibly higher level ? What on average is your hit/miss like?

~TATSUMI~80 Asura Thief~ Caedas[CDS]~Sanctum of Rall~

Scorpion Wire ...

in Thief

Posted by: Xenile.3165

Xenile.3165

Well as far as I know, you have to be in range when using Scorpion Wire.

Scorpion Wire ...

in Thief

Posted by: Kneru.8014

Kneru.8014

… O.o

This game doesnt work like the other MMOs, or RPGs for that matter. You dont have a hit/miss chance like that. If they are out of range, or break LoS (Line of Sight), by running behind a pillar, your SW wont connect. Though there does seem to be an issue when SW comes up “Obstructed”, when it shouldnt. This has been reported in a bug thread on Thieves which the devs said they will look into.

Scorpion Wire ...

in Thief

Posted by: sylvanari.3951

sylvanari.3951

So Kneru what your saying is that when your in L.O.S. and in range your hitting 100% everytime?

~TATSUMI~80 Asura Thief~ Caedas[CDS]~Sanctum of Rall~

(edited by sylvanari.3951)

Scorpion Wire ...

in Thief

Posted by: Aeden.5896

Aeden.5896

Scorpion wire is totally unreliable.

If it didn’t go on cooldown after mysteriously failing it would passable but as it is now the ability is trash.

Scorpion Wire ...

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Scorpion wire is a slow projectile. Projectiles in this game mostly do NOT have magic tracking capabilities so they can and will miss against a target that moved to the side too much, even without any pillar or evade/dodge in the picture.

Scorpion Wire ...

in Thief

Posted by: Mange.8324

Mange.8324

We have a few pesky obstructed bugs and even in clear paths where your target is above you, they seldom actually get pulled down. Dancing dagger and scorpion wire are pretty bad on targets moving away from you.

Scorpion Wire ...

in Thief

Posted by: fractalKinesis.8569

fractalKinesis.8569

Yeah, Scorp misses very often because of random obstructions or the opponent moving.
But kitten does connecting with it ever feel great.

Xiro, High Five Warriors [HFW], Jade Quarry

Scorpion Wire ...

in Thief

Posted by: Shomaruki.7395

Shomaruki.7395

You have to make sure to scream “Come heeeere!!!” or “Get over here!” when you cast it or it wont’ work.

I’m the [Captain] of the T.Coast

Scorpion Wire ...

in Thief

Posted by: Robert.9086

Robert.9086

I couldn’t agree more with Shomaruki’s comment, it really makes it that much better and hit more often too.

Maguuma
Inceptio [NOVA]
Thief

Scorpion Wire ...

in Thief

Posted by: Skarsha.6704

Skarsha.6704

ya i find even when on flat ground no obstacles and target is not moving and in range that it still misses very often. Who said no magical projectile tracking??? roflamo have you not been channeled to death whilst going into stealth before? Regardless of hits and misses it really is fun to shout “Get over here” especially when it works on somone on a high wall in WvW hehe. An explanation from the dev’s would be nice on how Scorpian Wire is meant to work would be nice though hint hint :P

(edited by Skarsha.6704)

Scorpion Wire ...

in Thief

Posted by: Kyus.3812

Kyus.3812

I couldn’t agree more with Shomaruki’s comment, it really makes it that much better and hit more often too.

this is gold,

I used it more than usual last night, important to note that on keep walls if you can see part of a character they are probably still blocked. you have to wait until they are right on the edge.

as for in open fields I had mine fail a few times, but it was largely due to either the enemy dodging, using a skill that blocks or prevents it from being cc’d orthe skill actually misses (blind?).

I have had it knock down but not drag people. I’ll experiment more though and see if its actually a game engine thing or just clever well buffed enemies or debuffed users.

Kyús – 80 – Guardian// All Classes Level 80
Hand of Blood [HoB]
EU – Aurora Glade

Scorpion Wire ...

in Thief

Posted by: gomfedj.7465

gomfedj.7465

scorp wire HATES!!!! going up hill… yanking off a wall it works great… yanking down a hill works great.. yank someone up a hill you hit them pull em about 1 MM and BAM wire breaks and they just act like they were knocked down…

And yes scorp wire does not like barriers in the way it will still “aim” towards the person and fire but you will miss, unlike most spells (or even arrows) that if you fire them before the target moves out of view it will still hit… EVERYONCE in awhile i have had a scorp wire pull someone through a wall, but i would say i have seen that twice out of 100’s and 100’s of times…

but i have just learned NEVER use this skill when you have the highground on your target or it will fail and simply knock them down, also noticed due to lag if your using it on the run often the target appears behind you (where it WOULD of been right in front if you stoped running the second you fired it)..

still when the skill does work it is fun as heck to yank someone off a wall and see them panic for a few seconds trying to figure out what happened…

Scorpion Wire ...

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Scorpion Wire might do what I intend for it to do about one out of 5 times, tops.

Mostly it won’t work properly at all and sometimes it will only pull an enemy half-way or simply make them stumble.

It really needs to be looked at because eventhough it’s quite powerful in WvW…you can’t have unreliable abilities like that.

Because it’s no just a WvW issues. It’s highly unreliable in PvE as well.