Scrutinising the Revenant.

in Thief

Posted by: Nephrite.6954

Nephrite.6954

http://youtu.be/0UrRviMwIBg let’s examine on how we’re going to counter this guys. I know that this class isn’t complete but there’s a picture on how it’s going to turn out during battles. Let’s keep our daggers close and stab at a tactful manner guys! Lol hopefully we’ll stand a good chance.

in Thief

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

From what we’ve seen so far, revenants aren’t a real threat to thieves. You have far greater mobility than they do, so you can always reset the fight if need be. It’d be somewhat like fighting a PU mesmer. You use your stealth/mobility to control the pace of the fight, and you can reset easily if you mess up. Worst comes to worst, the fight comes to a stalemate, and you waste time before moving on.

Second Child

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

No worries, they will only have a slight advantage in conquest,everywhere else we surpass them.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Thief

Nephrite.6954

From what we’ve seen so far, revenants aren’t a real threat to thieves. You have far greater mobility than they do, so you can always reset the fight if need be. It’d be somewhat like fighting a PU mesmer. You use your stealth/mobility to control the pace of the fight, and you can reset easily if you mess up. Worst comes to worst, the fight comes to a stalemate, and you waste time before moving on.

Worst comes to worst… Huh… So in your opinion we still stand a good chance if both players are equally skilled right? It might be like fighting a necro hybrid guard in my perspective guess the best tactic would still be hit stealth hit back off hit again till it’s down. Hopefully the standard d/p panic strike build will stand a good chance against this one.

in Thief

Nephrite.6954

No worries, they will only have a slight advantage in conquest,everywhere else we surpass them.

Yeah I guess the slight part would be a ability to greatly control their opponents. :~| ouch those aoes though.

in Thief

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Uhh at least we won’t be the class drawing all the nerf cries once they come.

in Thief

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

Blinding Powder —> Backstab --> Cloak and Dagger —> Backstab

i do this combo regardless of class and it works. except necro’s need a third backstab

I see… you are one of those…

Fighting the rev is going to be pretty interesting but i get the feeling it is going to be very similar to fighting a warrior.

Im hoping the rest of the class shuts down stealth spammers so there wont be as many stealth dependant time wasting thieves in pvp

(edited by Ragion.2831)

in Thief

Nephrite.6954

Blinding Powder —> Backstab --> Cloak and Dagger —> Backstab

i do this combo regardless of class and it works. except necro’s need a third backstab

I see… you are one of those…

Fighting the rev is going to be pretty interesting but i get the feeling it is going to be very similar to fighting a warrior.

Im hoping the rest of the class shuts down stealth spammers so there wont be as many stealth dependant time wasting thieves in pvp

He just seems to really really optimistic but yeah I guess your’re right about the warrior part. At least they won’t be as tough as fighting a guard hopefully. They will bring a load of pain in aoe wise though. Guess it’s their specialty.