Seems like it is possible after all

in Thief

Posted by: Zaerah.1630

Zaerah.1630

Managed to hit legendary playing mostly thief, though i played some other classes at ruby.
http://imgur.com/a/B1a8Z

Build is almost exactly same as in metabattle, only difference is that i use weakening strikes instead of havoc mastery and basi venom instead of impact strike.

Got told 14 times “pls reroll thief”
Won most of the games where our team had multiple thieves.

(edited by Zaerah.1630)

in Thief

Posted by: setdog.1592

setdog.1592

thats great but for the rest of please explain a little more than “i play thief”.

are you playing with a regular group or did you solo q your way to legend?
what is your team composition?
what is your play style like? capping decapping?
how do you handle pit fighting? (i seem to just die any time i enter a scrum)
i see 232 ranked games win, how many did you play?

there are lots of us who want to know why/how you get win streaks and we get losing streaks.

in Thief

Zaerah.1630

I have only been playing soloque during this season, so comp is obviously just what i happen to get.

About capping and decapping, that depends entirely on the situation. Don’t full cap points unless your team already has an advantage on the map, there is nothing else you can do, you need it to win or teams are so tanky that you can’t break mid fight. Also winning team fights is always the top priority because then you can snowball the game, don’t go decap far if you can win mid fast.
But again there are also always exceptions, you could do a pretty kitten long video on how to rotate properly and play the map.

About fights, you just need to learn your own limits and know what your enemies can do, it is fine to just stand outside of the fight for like 3 or 4 seconds if need be.

412 games played, 232 of those wins, got a lot of losses during the last season but improved it during current one.

I’m thinking about just recording few of my games and uploading them somewhere, it is pretty difficult to explain what to do and it is easier to learn by watching.

in Thief

Posted by: vostok.7298

vostok.7298

Woo, way to go and give thieves hope. Been told many times thieves dont belong in higher spvp. way to prove them wrong.

I do agree with you Zaerah, about team fights.
I take 2-3 sec to look and choose the enemy if there is no target set for spikes. if the other team has no idea your there you can easily spike down/ stomp enemies and quickly move on for a decap.
Also, my traits are set up identically to you. bas. venom ftw!
personally, i prefer impairing daggers over blinding powder for some heavy spikes.

in Thief

Posted by: Shovel Face.4512

Shovel Face.4512

Who said it wasn’t possible? Lol I would be a legendary right now too but as soon as I hit diamond I just stopped playing PvP because it was all I needed for the Ascension.

in Thief

Zaerah.1630

Impairing daggers is pretty good too in some situations, i just feel like blinding powder is too important to replace if there is even one reve or thief on the enemy team.

And shovel, i didn’t mean that someone said that, i just personally assumed that i wouldn’t get legend during this season.

Recorded 3 games, maybe they help someone a little bit. I went full tilt mode during the first one but got carried anyways, next two were better.