Sexiest/best looking armour for thief?

in Thief

Posted by: AMonkey.2385

AMonkey.2385

This is what I’m currently wearing but I don’t feel thiefy enough…I associated cool armour with skin tight, some minimalism. Any suggestions guys?

Attachments:

in Thief

Posted by: Vendetta.6248

Vendetta.6248

Together with the Whispers Armor, the Duelist and Assassins (Human T3) sets are the best looking in my opinion

Assassin
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Divinity-Scout-Tier-3.png

Duelist
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:2011_March_female_human_thief.jpg

in Thief

Posted by: castiel.4182

castiel.4182

I’m wearing the duelist gear and it looks so good on thieves also because of the throwing stars that you can find on the gear.

in Thief

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

full duelist with the engineer monocle (starter gear).

I played my engineer to level 78 and am sick of seeing trench coats and dresses. I just want something form fitting.

in Thief

Posted by: Mojo.1930

Mojo.1930

There is far to little ‘assassin’ like armor in this game.
All the medium armor are coats. Female have one set of armor that actually looks assassin-like.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:2011_March_female_human_thief.jpg

I like the coats on my engineer, cause its fitting.
But as a stealth assassin, its kinda obnoxious and cripples my immersion.
I could understand there being sets that give the Swasbuckler or duelist style look, but i was really hoping there was something more fitting to someone who wants to be assassin like.

in Thief

Posted by: Kuroin.1703

Kuroin.1703

Sorry but ‘assassin’ like should be commoners clothes, point of an assassin is to not be seen/recognized as a threat you know. ;p

in Thief

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

I wish games wouldn’t kittenize the term “assassin”. For a start, it originated from Arabic, so their clothes certainly wouldn’t be leathery and ninja looking, however tight leather seems to titilate nerds so… What I wouldn’t give for a game that gave assassins proper weapons, like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katara_

The Thief pretty much is an assassin archetype, I’ve a feeling that ArenaNet simply named it Thief because of the steal ability, because other than that there’s nothing thiefy about the Thief.

Also the trenchcoats can just bugger off. Seriously.

in Thief

Posted by: AMonkey.2385

AMonkey.2385

The word “assassin” may be Arabic related, but I doubt the concept of an assassin only came out of Arabia. Personally I like tight fitting clothes. In real life thats what I wear, I hate wearing bulky or overly showy clothes, I like well fitted clothes that show off my figure, with a bit of skin, so its how I like to dress characters in video games.

My biggest problem with a lot of the thief gear is the flowing robes/tails of the chest pieces. In my original screenshot the top half looks great, but the flow isn’t.

Where can I acquire duellist gear guys? It seems to be something you can buy through the TP but last time I checked it was down. And are 80 transmutation stones only available through the gem store?

in Thief

Posted by: Thadren Calder.1397

Thadren Calder.1397

Yes, people weren’t quietly murdered till the 11th century. I thought everyone knew that…..

in Thief

Posted by: Bijaz.8037

Bijaz.8037

Using the CoF Jacket + Anonymity Hood (Midnight Fire dye), and a murderous grin.

Attachments:

For Great Justice!

in Thief

Posted by: reLapse.6743

reLapse.6743

Nothing beats the Noble crafted armour for that gentlemen thief look.

in Thief

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

Yes, people weren’t quietly murdered till the 11th century. I thought everyone knew that…..

If you’re going to use the word Assassin, you should be aware of where it originated from.

in Thief

Posted by: Nightblade.7981

Nightblade.7981

The duelist gear for male actually looks pretty cool

Attachments:

in Thief

Posted by: Deathpope.6253

Deathpope.6253

Tier 2 human, with level 1 hood… is amazing

http://i48.tinypic.com/ftldp2.jpg

in Thief

Posted by: IDarko.4709

IDarko.4709

CoF gear + Whispers Hood. I’m loving it!

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]
Gandara – WvW Warrior

in Thief

Posted by: Sin.8174

Sin.8174

I personally love the tier 3 cultural armor for humans. It’s nice looking.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/7/77/Divinity-Scout-Tier-3.png

Orphyn X – 8X Thief – Tarnished Coast
Lady Raevyn – 11 Necromancer – TC
Fanboy- The New Godwin’s Law.

in Thief

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

I love duelist armor personally

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Knyx.5926

Knyx.5926

I love my thief’s look.
I have been on Maguuma since headstart and anytime I am in Lions Arch I get at least 5 Pms

Attachments:

in Thief

Posted by: Nefarious.2014

Nefarious.2014

Gotta go with the whispers helm.

T2 human culture gear as well

Attachments:

in Thief

Posted by: Wolfus.4531

Wolfus.4531

I personally love the tier 3 cultural armor for humans. It’s nice looking.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/7/77/Divinity-Scout-Tier-3.png

This thats why i chose human, except i would only use the chestpiece and use the rest from the tier 2 cultural falcon armor

(edited by Wolfus.4531)

in Thief

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

I wear my Whispers’ jacket and a plumed hat, I look fantastic. I don’t like armor that shows a lot of skin, not my style – but neither is huge, bulky armor either. (which is why I don’t tend to play fighters)

I like casual over gaudy most any day.

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

in Thief

Posted by: bwillb.2165

bwillb.2165

What I wouldn’t give for a game that gave assassins proper weapons, like this:

That game is called Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction.

in Thief

Posted by: DirtyHoudini.2917

DirtyHoudini.2917

What I wouldn’t give for a game that gave assassins proper weapons, like this:

The Assassin in D2:LoD used that weapon…

in Thief

Posted by: kingghidra.6247

kingghidra.6247

If you’re going to use the word Assassin, you should be aware of where it originated from.

If you’re going to post on forums you should be aware of the concept of sarcasm.

I wish games wouldn’t kittenize the term “assassin”. For a start, it originated from Arabic, so their clothes certainly wouldn’t be leathery and ninja looking, however tight leather seems to titilate nerds so… What I wouldn’t give for a game that gave assassins proper weapons, like this:

Ok, so regardless of the debate over the etymology of the term, you believe a fantasy representation of an assassin (by the way there is no assassin profession in GW2 – you do know that right?) should exclusively draw from one particular definition or example of that term and attempt to accurately historically replicate that example (regardless of the fact that by definition such a representation in a computer game is totally culturally abstracted from that example).

So the rich vein of historical thieves and stealthy killers that make up the diaspora of classical fantasy thief influences should be cast aside in the name of specifically re-creating a middle-eastern assassin archetype from the middle-ages. I have no idea why you believe this is a good idea. I would love to know.

And re: the Katara – you call this a ‘proper’ assassin’s weapon. You do realise that the Katara originated several hundred years after the origin of your beloved assassins right? I mean, if this is the only thing these guys were using, how do you think they killed people in the preceding centuries? Nasty words? Suffocation with figs? Mysterious camel-trampling incidents?

I have no idea why people insist on applying their own patchwork knowledge of history to the world of fantasy, as though the fantasy genre is just some giant, flawed, medieval recreation society, rather than an alternate world with alternate rules from the minds of its creators.

(edited by kingghidra.6247)

in Thief

Posted by: Nefarious.2014

Nefarious.2014

You said diaspora.

You win internet.

in Thief

Posted by: NorthStar.3798

NorthStar.3798

That T2 human culture gear… is awesome !!!

[VNG]Northstar
www.VengeanceClan.com
Sanctum of Rall

in Thief

Posted by: Zera.8907

Zera.8907

I love my thief’s look.
I have been on Maguuma since headstart and anytime I am in Lions Arch I get at least 5 Pms

Is this Assassin’s Creed or Guild Wars 2 lol? That does look pretty badkitten PM me name of that set please LOL.

Blackgate: Zera Mithrandir- Reaper| Zera Targaryen-Mes|Zera Naharis – Ranger|

in Thief

Posted by: Arakinis.5372

Arakinis.5372

How and where do I get the human culture armor

Arakinis ~ Lvl 80 Thief ~ Isle of Janthir
Team Legacy – [TL]
-Wipe them out…all of them

in Thief

Posted by: TinyHowie.3946

TinyHowie.3946

I personally would prefer a commoner’s outfit. They would think an NPC was running at their direction then “wtf?”

in Thief

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

The Thief pretty much is an assassin archetype, I’ve a feeling that ArenaNet simply named it Thief because of the steal ability, because other than that there’s nothing thiefy about the Thief.

Also the trenchcoats can just bugger off. Seriously.

The game you are looking for is called Asheron’s Call, but it is also 12 years old or something now. The unarmed combat skills used Katar’s etc.

in Thief

Ashanor.5319

I love my thief’s look.

Is that the starter hood? Is there any other hood that looks like it because I got rid of mine a long time ago. lol

in Thief

Posted by: Knyx.5926

Knyx.5926

Yes it is the starter hood. The only other hood I know of for Medium is whispers but it looks quite different and wouldnt fit the look I went for. =)

in Thief

Posted by: elithrar.7143

elithrar.7143

If you get rid of your starter hood you can simply create a new Thief, give him the hood + a basic transmutation stone + a white head slot item. Transmute them, put them in your bank and then transmute that against the head slot item on your “real” Thief.

Also works for Engineer goggles, monocles and other medium armor headgear.

[TKG] Mollify

in Thief

Posted by: Sin.8174

Sin.8174

How and where do I get the human culture armor

Go to Divinity’s Reach, where the banker and TP is. Run down the glass hallway north of there, and hang a left when you get into the next hall.

Orphyn X – 8X Thief – Tarnished Coast
Lady Raevyn – 11 Necromancer – TC
Fanboy- The New Godwin’s Law.

in Thief

Posted by: SilverRule.7426

SilverRule.7426

The definition of assassin on dictionary.com is – a murderer, especially one who kills a politically prominent person for fanatical or monetary reasons. This is what an assassin is. Perhaps they aren’t just limited to political figures but that’s what they are, murderers.
There are many more ways to kill people than traditional weapons like knives, and even katars. I don’t understand why people must limit assassins to agile people who do backflips and elaborate acrobatics to kill their targets.
The life of a typical assassin was probably much duller than that. An easy way to kill a target is to get them to ingest poison in some way. Boom, dead. It doesn’t matter in what way you kill them as long as they die, so I think that a true “Assassin” class would be able to utilize a wide variety of weaponry and techniques to kill their opponents.
While some of the weapons in the game are less subtle than others, surely it doesn’t matter unless you kill your target.
I could walk down the street in a flamingo suit showing off the most intimate parts of my body, take a megaphone, and shout at a target until he died. Subtle? No. Efficient? No. Sane? Hardly. Yet I accomplished the job. Now doesn’t that make me an assassin just by definition?
What I’m trying to say is that when thinking of an assassin you can’t narrow your thinking to a knife wielding, stealth enthusiast. Because the actual profession is quite more varied than that.

in Thief

Posted by: climhazzard.5897

climhazzard.5897

I thought this combination of leather straps looked pretty hot. The chest is the krytans skin you buy with gems. The gloves are rawhide which is the basic medium armor you can get from any vendor. The legs are from joining the vigil order. The boots are the lvl 70 to 80 exotic armor “duelist”.

Attachments:

in Thief

Posted by: climhazzard.5897

climhazzard.5897

If only she could use whips for a weapon. :P

in Thief

Posted by: KoruptData.8420

KoruptData.8420

Here is mine at lvl 80.

Attachments:

in Thief

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

well i don’t really like the sets you are posting.
fortunately i accidentally found the imo best looking thief set while crafting
looks just evil if you ask me:

funny thing though; the set that looks the most like “assassin” in the game is for light armor:

Attachments:

in Thief

Posted by: bwillb.2165

bwillb.2165

What’s that first set called Crovax? That would go great with a steam pistol in each hand.

in Thief

Ashanor.5319

If you get rid of your starter hood you can simply create a new Thief, give him the hood + a basic transmutation stone + a white head slot item. Transmute them, put them in your bank and then transmute that against the head slot item on your “real” Thief.

Also works for Engineer goggles, monocles and other medium armor headgear.

Thanks.

in Thief

Posted by: RiskRagger.7540

RiskRagger.7540

I thought this combination of leather straps looked pretty hot. The chest is the krytans skin you buy with gems. The gloves are rawhide which is the basic medium armor you can get from any vendor. The legs are from joining the vigil order. The boots are the lvl 70 to 80 exotic armor “duelist”.

oh thats nice! ^^

in Thief

Posted by: vic.7065

vic.7065

Gem Store Medium Armor Skin, Abyss Dye

Attachments:

in Thief

Posted by: Kurube.3014

Kurube.3014

here’s my Assassin

Attachments:

in Thief

Posted by: Sarnax.8357

Sarnax.8357

As an Asura, I personally like the Cultural armor T2/T3 for thieves. Even a mix of the Asura armor with the Orr karma armor is nice (which is what i’m wearing).

in Thief

Posted by: Rika.7249

Rika.7249

I wish there was less coats.

in Thief

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

I love my thief’s look.

Is this Assassin’s Creed or Guild Wars 2 lol? That does look pretty badkitten PM me name of that set please LOL.

I think that is the starter hood and duelist set on a male character.

in Thief

Posted by: Scourge.4317

Scourge.4317

Well im a charr soooo /sadface. I kinda wish i made my fem norn thief before i leveled up a charr instead to 80 then started seeing more armor sets that i havent seen before lol.

in Thief

Posted by: Derek.9254

Derek.9254

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/P5HaK.jpg[/IMG]
t3 mixed with berserkers. thats what im using right now with karma 80 medium armor shoulders

in Thief

Posted by: Derek.9254

Derek.9254

heres another pic

Attachments: