Shadow Arts SPvp

Shadow Arts SPvp

in Thief

Posted by: Willycat.7310

Willycat.7310

Hi Guys,I am looking for a build for SPvp,And I saw that 2/6/0/0/6 is a pretty popular build

I am wondering why 6 into Trickery?Isnt 6 into Shadow Arts better for survivalbility and stealth?

I am quite confused about this

Thanks for any answers!

Shadow Arts SPvp

in Thief

Posted by: Elitist.8701

Elitist.8701

Shadow Arts is terrible for PvP because when your in stealth your not doing damage in a team fight, and since there’s no aggro on you, your teammates are taking more pressure. It’s also much easier for enemies to fight on point with you because when your in stealth, they can cap the point. This is more notable on home or far when 1v1. SA is good for wvw but for pvp, its garbage.

Best Multiclass NA. RIP my beautiful Necromancer, such a shame. Retired, April 2015. GG Anet,
I’m not coming back, not that you care.

Shadow Arts SPvp

in Thief

Posted by: Willycat.7310

Willycat.7310

I see that makes sense

Thanks!

Shadow Arts SPvp

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Well I wouldn’t call it terrible. It’s just that the strengths of Shadow Arts lend themselves to more extended fight, which you rarely have in sPvP.

The 4 seconds Revealed plays into that as well.

Trickery also happens to be really good in sPvP. It’s has boon sharing and boon stripping, both of which are essential for killing bunker Guardians.

Shadow Arts SPvp

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

Shadow Arts is mainly a selfish traitline, you will be less mobile, and also sit in stealth a lot to benefit from the traitline which doesn’t help much in a fight, you will do slightly less dmg too.

By taking 6 points there you are more or less excluded from taking mug that grants extra burst damage and also some neat sustain, also from taking 3 points in trickery for really high mobility from the extra initiative pool. Or, It excludes you from using Executioner which creates a lot of pressure on lower health targets which is invaluable to end fights quickly. The main reason I avoid using S/D 2/0/0/6/6.

Executioner, mug and 3 points in trickery feels more or less essential to the role power thieves have. Then add 3 more points in trickery and you have boonrip and an instant interrupt and way lower cooldown on steal which is also quite invaluable.

It’s helpful for interrupting people with stability, preventing stomps for instance, or to prevent someone from interrupting your heal, and preventing high damaging skills. etc.

Or you dump the extra 3 points into Deadly Arts, which will increase your dmg more compared to 6 trickery. can be really handy if your team already is CC heavy and they need more dmg.

I even feel 2/6/0/3/3 is better than 2/6/6/0/0.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

Shadow Arts SPvp

in Thief

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

It doesn’t allow the thief to do anything for the team that some other class/build doesn’t already do better.

SA is good. Its just not optimal.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere