Shadow Monk

Shadow Monk

in Thief

Posted by: Ripkord.8567

Ripkord.8567

Once uppon a time , Monks where dedicated healers, knowlegeable in every way of cureing diseases, showing their skills in the most beautiful way possible.

But their collective became corrupted, one by one they switched their intend from healing, to brutaly inflict wounds the most effective way possible, the same skills and dedication they once had is now born into the opposite.

They call themself Shadow Monks, still they are hidden, they will not reveal themself until a great danger will approach and stand in their way, and when this great danger comes, they will come…. they will come and it will come, it allready has awaken.

They are deadly, the greatest have they become in afflicting fatal wounds that their enemys cannot recover from, swiftly their hands glide over it, from one end to the other, instandly switching stances to inflict deadly blows, enemys cant see them nor can they sense them, when they hit, it is allready over, nobody can stand against them, and their collective is unstopable. A New way of fighting they approach, proud they are not, but they where forced to, their style is utterly unique, their arts are perfect in every situation and even more deadlier that the Assassins of old.

They used their Staff to channel their healing powers to heal others, now they express the brutal force and channeling it into pure physical strength, super fast and agile like a class has mastered it never before. Martial arts in its purest way was born, deadly wounds that are not inflicted on the body of their enemys, but by inflicting internal damage in the body. Swinging their staff and creating impressive shockwaves that causes disturbance within their enemys. This creates fear in their enemys, in fact, now the expression is complete and uplifted.

Shadow Monk

in Thief

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

Thief is getting rifle tough

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

Shadow Monk

in Thief

Posted by: coso.9173

coso.9173

riffle? is it sure?

Shadow Monk

in Thief

Posted by: arenta.2953

arenta.2953

riffle? is it sure?

hopefuly
cause if it isn’t then the appeal of new thief proffession is gonna die fast when people realize melee staff is inferior to dagger and sword

while rifle is the stationary single target long range dmg the thief doesn’t have yet

Jade Quarry’s Tomoko Takei, Anabuki Tomoko, and Assassin Ahri

Shadow Monk

in Thief

Posted by: Barab.9016

Barab.9016

Cant wait to play the staff monk thief

Kurthos “When Jade Quarry awakens, they will ask themselves, when were we ever asleep?”

Shadow Monk

in Thief

Posted by: Zera.8907

Zera.8907

Can’t wait to play the Rifle Thief!

Blackgate: Zera Mithrandir- Reaper| Zera Targaryen-Mes|Zera Naharis – Ranger|

Shadow Monk

in Thief

arenta.2953

can’t w8 to play Sniper, or Mercenary!

Shadow Monk

in Thief

Posted by: uglydan.1638

uglydan.1638

Everyone is going to be surprised when Thief gets main hand and offhand torch.

Shadow Monk

in Thief

Posted by: Barab.9016

Barab.9016

cant wait for all the easy mode want to be thiefs to break down in tears rage quitting when they cant have their easy mode 1200 range sniper elite

Kurthos “When Jade Quarry awakens, they will ask themselves, when were we ever asleep?”

Shadow Monk

in Thief

Posted by: mompen.7952

mompen.7952

cant wait for all the easy mode want to be thiefs to break down in tears rage quitting when they cant have their easy mode 1200 range sniper elite

^
It’s pretty obvious that it will be pretty OP playing a shadowstepping sniper.
“Pew pew pew”
Enemy approaches
Shadowstep away
“Pew pew pew”
Enemy dead

THAT IS SO REWARDING GAMEPLAY GUYS! CAN’T WAIT FOR IT TO HIT LIVE.

Kenny Shayde/Ken Shadowpaw-Theef|Spiteful Sithis-Necro|Kennyneer-Engi|Mr Hex Appeal-Mesmer

Shadow Monk

in Thief

Posted by: Fenda.1398

Fenda.1398

That assumption is entirely based on the trailer and coming from a five second lasting scene with a thief-looking NPC wielding a rifle. For all we know it could have been an Engineer as well, or one of those environmental sniper rifle NPCs.

We actually have the same level of proof that Thief is getting Staff as we had with Elementalists and their Warhorn. Datamining showed two things: A specialization background art for the elite specialization and a weapon skin akin to the weapon shown on the background art.

The specialization background art: http://i.imgur.com/xA8qvVk.png
And no, thats clearly not for Revenants. This one is brown/black/red, the colorcode of almost all Thief art, while the Revenant uses strong red tones with and pitch-black background.

The staff in question: [&AgFgEQEAAA==] , http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/gw2-staff.jpg
Totally looks like the Staff in the art piece.

For further information: http://dulfy.net/2015/06/24/gw2-upcoming-items-from-june-23-patch/

The ascended weapons shown all correspond to the specialization backgrounds known or datamined. The Bow clearly is from Braham (Dragonhunter), the Greatsword is from the Reaper, Warhorn is Elementalist and the Shield is somewhat Glint-y or Shatterer-y in appearance, hinting towards the Revenants Elite Specialization which we know will be Glint as a Legend while the Mesmer’s Shield in the trailer looked completly different and this one doesnt fit the theme of the Mesmer at all.

Chances for Thief getting Rifle as his first Elite Specialization weapon are in the 1% range right now, and as much as i´d love to have a 1.2k ranged weapon on my Thief, i hope the Staff brings back the viability of stealthless fighting. I hope its a bruiser style.

Shadow Monk

in Thief

arenta.2953

That assumption is entirely based on the trailer and coming from a five second lasting scene with a thief-looking NPC wielding a rifle. For all we know it could have been an Engineer as well, or one of those environmental sniper rifle NPCs.

We actually have the same level of proof that Thief is getting Staff as we had with Elementalists and their Warhorn. Datamining showed two things: A specialization background art for the elite specialization and a weapon skin akin to the weapon shown on the background art.

And no, thats clearly not for Revenants. This one is brown/black/red, the colorcode of almost all Thief art, while the Revenant uses strong red tones with and pitch-black background.

The staff in question: [&AgFgEQEAAA==] , http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/gw2-staff.jpg

For further information: http://dulfy.net/2015/06/24/gw2-upcoming-items-from-june-23-patch/

The ascended weapons shown all correspond to the specialization backgrounds known or datamined. The Bow clearly is from Braham (Dragonhunter), the Greatsword is from the Reaper, Warhorn is Elementalist and the Shield is somewhat Glint-y or Shatterer-y in appearance, hinting towards the Revenants Elite Specialization which we know will be Glint as a Legend while the Mesmer’s Shield in the trailer looked completly different and this one doesnt fit the theme of the Mesmer at all.

Chances for Thief getting Rifle as his first Elite Specialization weapon are in the 1% range right now, and as much as i´d love to have a 1.2k ranged weapon on my Thief, i hope the Staff brings back the viability of stealthless fighting. I hope its a bruiser style.

they changed Ele’s “sepcialization page” from sword to horn

they can do it to theif.

Shadow Monk

in Thief

Posted by: Tyr.6097

Tyr.6097

A thief is so far away from a monk…

Tyrs Klinge ~Thief~

Shadow Monk

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

they can do it to theif.

There never was a sword Ele “specialization page”

Shadow Monk

in Thief

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

they can do it to theif.

There was never “proof” Ele would get Sword.
Only speculations.

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

Shadow Monk

in Thief

arenta.2953

they can do it to theif.

Only speculations.

heres gw2 art of rifle thief.

Attachments:

Shadow Monk

in Thief

Posted by: Driften.8716

Driften.8716

Rangers are getting the staff deal with it. As for the rogue with a rife being an engineer in the trailer I can say the same thing about the staff being data mined being a new skin for a druid…

With 19 weapons in the game, 3 under water putting your options at 16. A-Net would be as stupid to utilize the same weapon twice. Also A-net is yet to dupe a weapon with any other class. At this point it would not make much sense to reveal “two” rogue classes (Ranger and Thief) specializing in the same weapon.

Once you remove the weapons a thief already can use you are down to 12 they cannot. If you remove the weapons that are already being specialized in you are down to 8.
Axe
Mace
Scepter
Focus
Shield
Torch
Hammer
Rifle

If you want to take it any further than this it is already speculated that the engineer is getting the hammer which puts us at 7 options. With the left over weapons you only have a few options:

Most obvious- Sniper with rifle
other thoughts would include:
Arsonist with a torch (kinda funny if you think about it, might be fun but a serious slap in the face)

Mage/Assassin with a scepter-other games have tried to whole black magic mark assassin/hex thing. It has its nitch.

Defender with a shield-really kinda lame for an offensive based class and would be a slap in the face as people play thieves to be shadow glass cannons. Though would be fun to throw the shield like Captain America.

Mace/Axe-already too many offensive one handed weapons in the thief kitten nal. Specially with melee. Doing additional bleeds with an axe or stunning with a mace at melee would be pointless.

Focus-shoot me now….

In my analyses thieves are getting trident as there specialization!

Shadow Monk

in Thief

stof.9341

Except that the Druid is getting a caster style staff and the datamined one looks exactly like the one on the thief image http://i.imgur.com/xA8qvVk.png on a posture that is much more reminiscent of a martial usage of a staff than a caster one.

Also, your analyses suck since ANet already clearly said that underwater weapons aren’t getting used outside water (at least for the first elite spec round)

Shadow Monk

in Thief

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

^
“Pew pew pew”
Enemy approaches
Shadowstep away
“Pew pew pew”
Enemy dead

I love you.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

Shadow Monk

in Thief

Terrorsquad.4802

they can do it to theif.

Only speculations.

Source? Could easily be fan-art unless I missed a post somewhere.
Also, who are we to say thats not a female Engineer?

Shadow Monk

in Thief

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

Don’t know what that is, but it sure as hell doesn’t mean anything. It’s just concept art with various things in mind, some of them made it to the zone loading screens.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

(edited by MrForz.1953)

Shadow Monk

in Thief

Posted by: Mefiq.7039

Mefiq.7039

^
“Pew pew pew”
Enemy approaches
Shadowstep away
“Pew pew pew”
Enemy dead

Power ranger
“Pew pew pew”
Enemy approaches
SIGNET OF STONE
“Pew pew pew”
Enemy dead

Enemy not dead?
Switch to GS and maul them for 7k+taunt on pet
Enemy still not dead?
Stun/daze them with 5 and maul again since it has almost no cd
Enemy still not dead?
Switch + knock
“Pew pew pew”
Enemy 100% dead

Hows that rewarding playstyle? And yet it exists
you realise that when thief can shadowstep and get invisible

Ranges can regen for insane amounts have acces to blocks/protection/great CC and godmode on signet? Yet no one seems to say that ranger is op and great for meta…

Rifle thief that invis around to relocate would be great, woud make THIEF TRAPS be meaningful again. All you need to do is give them insane dmg on long range and rly bad dmg on close range. Same thing rangers on lb should get. Every skill buffed on 900+ range with dmg every skill nerfed when hits in less than 450 range.
It would create great playstyle to force to make choices, do you swap to melee cuz your rifle wont do kitten, or you restealth to reposition and risk fact that enemy gets you/gets his strong cds back.

“Im speaker of Truth” – Mefiq.7039 2015

Shadow Monk

in Thief

arenta.2953

they can do it to theif.

Only speculations.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Horia_Dociu_Sniper_concept_art.jpg

This concept art contains property of ArenaNet or NCsoft which is used with permission.
The terms of the permission do not include third party use. It is not released under the GFDL.
Please see Guild Wars 2 Wiki:Copyrights for further information.

Sniper Concept Art by Horia Dociu

Sniper.
not engineer
not shot gun

Sniper. aka ranger or thief. as theres no pet, it fits theif.

sniper. aka a ranged weapon designed for long range fire, high accuracy, high dmg hits, but slow rof.

not a shotgun loaded with glue, nets, shotgun shells.
and NOT FIRED FROM THE HIP.

(edited by arenta.2953)

Shadow Monk

in Thief

stof.9341

It’s also a 5 year old image. It was probably from a time in dev where ANet was thinking about Rifle thief.

After all that time passed, you really cannot make much out of it. If the Thief didn’t get the rifle at the game release, there must have been a reason. But now that 3 years passed, the game changed, the understanding of the game by ANet changed a lot too.

Seriously, our ranged options were constantly nerfed, starting with a Shortbow range nerf, cluster arrow travel speed drastically slowed etc…

Do you really believe that after all those long range fight nerfs, we’ll suddently get a 1200 (or +) range weapon with more damage and/or burst than what we currently have? It just makes no sence.

If thief gets a 1200 range rifle, it’ll be weaker damage than our current tools.

Shadow Monk

in Thief

arenta.2953

It’s also a 5 year old image. It was probably from a time in dev where ANet was thinking about Rifle thief.

After all that time passed, you really cannot make much out of it. If the Thief didn’t get the rifle at the game release, there must have been a reason. But now that 3 years passed, the game changed, the understanding of the game by ANet changed a lot too.

Seriously, our ranged options were constantly nerfed, starting with a Shortbow range nerf, cluster arrow travel speed drastically slowed etc…

Do you really believe that after all those long range fight nerfs, we’ll suddently get a 1200 (or +) range weapon with more damage and/or burst than what we currently have? It just makes no sence.

If thief gets a 1200 range rifle, it’ll be weaker damage than our current tools.

i think they’ll have it work like ranger LB. (aka more dmg with range)
it wont be a dmg god like Sword or dagger (and staff DEFENITLY wouldnt have dmg. it would have kitten dmg at best)

but it will have more dmg than pistol and shortbow. at the cost of havin many channel/ stationary skills (that require you to hold still to use) with longer range (1200)

add to this the stealth mechanic
and it would be single solid dmg hits. and then long cooldowns

imagine a warrior rifle with vulernability on the 1 skill (and 4/5 skills replaced by the warrior burst skill with 30 secound cooldown. or 45 secound. and the other skill a smoke shot(blinds while knocking back)

(edited by arenta.2953)

Shadow Monk

in Thief

stof.9341

Thief with weapon cooldowns? No chance

Shadow Monk

in Thief

Posted by: Shadow.1345

Shadow.1345

Everyone was so sure Elementalist was getting a sword and Ice Bow 4 was getting nerfed too. With the datamined image of a thief with a melee staff, not a caster one, at this stage chances are high that it will be a melee staff.

Shadow Monk

in Thief

Posted by: Kocoff.7582

Kocoff.7582

HOLD HANDS MY BROTHERS.

TOMORROW IS THE DAY OF RECKONING. May the thief be forever deadly and swift with his new weapon.

UMBASA

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

Shadow Monk

in Thief

arenta.2953

Thief with weapon cooldowns? No chance

sorry my bad xD
didnt think that through

not a long cooldown. but a high int cost (so not like 5, but 8 or 10. for a high dmg hit)

Shadow Monk

in Thief

Terrorsquad.4802

they can do it to theif.

Only speculations.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Horia_Dociu_Sniper_concept_art.jpg

This concept art contains property of ArenaNet or NCsoft which is used with permission.
The terms of the permission do not include third party use. It is not released under the GFDL.
Please see Guild Wars 2 Wiki:Copyrights for further information.

Sniper Concept Art by Horia Dociu

Sniper.
not engineer
not shot gun

Sniper. aka ranger or thief. as theres no pet, it fits theif.

sniper. aka a ranged weapon designed for long range fire, high accuracy, high dmg hits, but slow rof.

not a shotgun loaded with glue, nets, shotgun shells.
and NOT FIRED FROM THE HIP.

Look at the date, March 2015, far before HoT got announced.

Who are we to say that concept art character is not an important HoT Story NPC? What about the Leader of the Snipers we saw at the Beta?

If it really means this is Sniper Thief Class Specialization, Im quite sure they wouldnt be that stupid to already post pre-HoT announcement.

I don’t really see Thief-like armor either.

There are no facts..

(edited by Terrorsquad.4802)

Shadow Monk

in Thief

stof.9341

Who are we to say that concept art is not an important HoT Story NPC?

If it really meant this was Sniper Thief Class Specialization, Im quite sure they wouldnt be that stupid to already post it March 2015.

There are no facts..

You misread. The concept art is even older than that since it was uploaded to the wiki 5 years ago in 2010 !

Shadow Monk

in Thief

Terrorsquad.4802

Who are we to say that concept art is not an important HoT Story NPC?

If it really meant this was Sniper Thief Class Specialization, Im quite sure they wouldnt be that stupid to already post it March 2015.

There are no facts..

You misread. The concept art is even older than that since it was uploaded to the wiki 5 years ago in 2010 !

Ah, didnt missread, I read the scan files. It indeed says 2010 lol..

Ok so its obviously not Sniper Thief Specialization..

Shadow Monk

in Thief

Terrorsquad.4802

HOLD HANDS MY BROTHERS.

TOMORROW IS THE DAY OF RECKONING. May the thief be forever deadly and swift with his new weapon.

UMBASA

Day of reckoning? :o

Shadow Monk

in Thief

Posted by: Ripkord.8567

Ripkord.8567

Once uppon a time , Monks where dedicated healers, knowlegeable in every way of cureing diseases, showing their skills in the most beautiful way possible.

But their collective became corrupted, one by one they switched their intend from healing, to brutaly inflict wounds the most effective way possible, the same skills and dedication they once had is now born into the opposite.

They call themself Shadow Monks, still they are hidden, they will not reveal themself until a great danger will approach and stand in their way, and when this great danger comes, they will come…. they will come and it will come, it allready has awaken.

They are deadly, the greatest have they become in afflicting fatal wounds that their enemys cannot recover from, swiftly their hands glide over it, from one end to the other, instandly switching stances to inflict deadly blows, enemys cant see them nor can they sense them, when they hit, it is allready over, nobody can stand against them, and their collective is unstopable. A New way of fighting they approach, proud they are not, but they where forced to, their style is utterly unique, their arts are perfect in every situation and even more deadlier that the Assassins of old.

They used their Staff to channel their healing powers to heal others, now they express the brutal force and channeling it into pure physical strength, super fast and agile like a class has mastered it never before. Martial arts in its purest way was born, deadly wounds that are not inflicted on the body of their enemys, but by inflicting internal damage in the body. Swinging their staff and creating impressive shockwaves that causes disturbance within their enemys. This creates fear in their enemys, in fact, now the expression is complete and uplifted.

Iam impressed that my story pretty much hit the nail, even with the information that are revealed on skills. https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/meet-the-daredevil-thiefs-elite-specialization/