Shadow Refuge obsolete

Shadow Refuge obsolete

in Thief

Posted by: BFMV.3198

BFMV.3198

So basically, with the new Revenant skills and Unyielding Anguish mostly, is Shadow refuge now useless as it can be hard countered easily??

Shadow Refuge obsolete

in Thief

Posted by: Lost Elegy.9276

Lost Elegy.9276

Since when was it not hard countered by a decent player? Almost every profession in the game has an EASY way to get us out of refuge, from Terror to plain bullkitten knockbacks.

Shadow Refuge obsolete

in Thief

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

Shadow Refuge is easily one of the top 10 utility skills in the game

You can evade inside a shadow refuge – pro tip

Shadow Refuge obsolete

in Thief

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Since when was it not hard countered by a decent player? Almost every profession in the game has an EASY way to get us out of refuge, from Terror to plain bullkitten knockbacks.

This. all weapon skills that push and all utilities that cause fear can negate SR, especially if the thief hasn’t traited to cause blindness upon stealth.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Shadow Refuge obsolete

in Thief

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

Are you kidding? That skill works great! Just stealth on an object (provided dagger offhand) or use whatever means you can to stealth, then drop shadow refuge and run in the opposite direction. Then the enemy stands there wondering why their knock backs and fears aren’t working xD

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

Shadow Refuge obsolete

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Shadow Refuge is easily one of the top 10 utility skills in the game

You can evade inside a shadow refuge – pro tip

Doesn’t the skill pulses….?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Shadow Refuge obsolete

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Are you kidding? That skill works great! Just stealth on an object (provided dagger offhand) or use whatever means you can to stealth, then drop shadow refuge and run in the opposite direction. Then the enemy stands there wondering why their knock backs and fears aren’t working xD

lol. That’s exactly what it is for. I used it the same way all the time.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Shadow Refuge obsolete

in Thief

BFMV.3198

bump

message body length blah blah

Shadow Refuge obsolete

in Thief

Posted by: mompen.7952

mompen.7952

I wouldn’t say so.

Dodge inside of SR. Out of endurance? Switch to SB, and press #3 at the edge of the refuge (untarget enemy) for more evades (require some timing DOH as the evade frame is pretty low).

Kenny Shayde/Ken Shadowpaw-Theef|Spiteful Sithis-Necro|Kennyneer-Engi|Mr Hex Appeal-Mesmer

Shadow Refuge obsolete

in Thief

BFMV.3198

I wouldn’t say so.

Dodge inside of SR. Out of endurance? Switch to SB, and press #3 at the edge of the refuge (untarget enemy) for more evades (require some timing DOH as the evade frame is pretty low).

That is absurd. if you drop a refuge and just happen to, in a fight, have full endurace, you have 2 dodges base. Not everyone runs shortbow. Ok, so revenant drops field, you dodge twice, because you have to maintain 100% uptime otherwise BAM, you are out. Even if you manage to successfully dodge twice, the field pulses 4 times [4 seconds], which is a far longer time. Also, using shortbow 3 would most likely reveal you and or throw you out of refuge anyways.

Yes, your argument is flawed

Shadow Refuge obsolete

in Thief

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

That is absurd. if you drop a refuge and just happen to, in a fight, have full endurace, you have 2 dodges base. Not everyone runs shortbow. Ok, so revenant drops field, you dodge twice, because you have to maintain 100% uptime otherwise BAM, you are out. Even if you manage to successfully dodge twice, the field pulses 4 times [4 seconds], which is a far longer time. Also, using shortbow 3 would most likely reveal you and or throw you out of refuge anyways.

Yes, your argument is flawed

If you drop a refuge where your opponent can immediately drop an AoE on it, you’re already screwed, regardless of what class your opponent is playing. Place your refuge well, and it shouldn’t really be a problem.

Second Child

Shadow Refuge obsolete

in Thief

Posted by: Saku Joe.2857

Saku Joe.2857

For more evade: Withdraw > wpn swap cancel works as well

Congratz Anet cunts, u finally made me uninstall your S H I T.

Shadow Refuge obsolete

in Thief

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

So basically, with the new Revenant skills and Unyielding Anguish mostly, is Shadow refuge now useless as it can be hard countered easily??

lol. if you think one skill makes shadow refuge obsolete, I don’t even know how to respond.