Shadow Trap revealed, bug?

in Thief

Posted by: Lamuness.3570

Lamuness.3570

I was messing around with this trap, and it seems like if I’m engaging the enemy, and I pop it, I’m automatically revealed. I can’t even get a backstab off. The 10 stacks of might are nice, though. Am I not using this properly?

in Thief

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

I never touched this skill ever again after the nerf. But I think its supposed to stealth you. Perhaps you were already in stealth, which could bug the new stealth in some way.

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

Are you being revealed or is this the where a shadowstep in stealth makes you visible on your own display – but still in stealth.

in Thief

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

He couldn’t get a backstab off so that shouldn’t be it

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

in Thief

Lamuness.3570

If you’re autoattacking someone, sometimes when I untarget and then shadowstep, it will port me over there, and give me a revealed debuff. It’s so weird. Try it on a golem in pvp. Put a trap down, do some auto attacks, then port. You’ll be revealed. I have to wait for a good .5 seconds before it works properly. It’s worse when I’m autoatttacking with pistol because I don’t get sneak attack.

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

This is another auto-targeting issue because as soon as you teleport to the marked opponent, you’re automatically attacking and dealing damage on arrival which blows your chance of a backstab and gives you a nice revealed debuff.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

i dont touch it but maybe a select few places on the map for kittens and giggles . but i would not call a viable skill . u just can’t trust it
the teleport can be blocked by the slightest bump in the road or bush/tree lol

(edited by caveman.5840)

in Thief

Lamuness.3570

Really? In the mists, I put it down on a golem, ran the hell away, hid behind a wall and i was still able to teleport to them.