Shadow's Embrace

Shadow's Embrace

in Thief

Posted by: Treetoptrickster.4205

Treetoptrickster.4205

Anyone Else find this trait really lacklustre? Pretty much every skill that stealths you gives you 3s baseline which means you have to wait for a long time to get one condi off of you.
If it was like, remove one or two damaging conditions upon leaving stealth I’d consider it.

Shadow's Embrace

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Anyone Else find this trait really lacklustre? Pretty much every skill that stealths you gives you 3s baseline which means you have to wait for a long time to get one condi off of you.
If it was like, remove one or two damaging conditions upon leaving stealth I’d consider it.

SE in fact removes one condtion immediately on entering stealth and one 3 seconds later meaning you can usually clear two. Further to that it is removing only damaging conditions , so if you got fire and bleed on you covered by weakness and crippled, the burn and bleed will be removed.

Added to this if you have a high stealth access build, on leaving stealth you can re-enter stealth and cleanse again which means in a 10 second period you can remove 4 damaging conditions rather easily.

I would contrast that with Escapists in the DRD line and suggest SE superior as EA only removes conditions on evade and very often removes things that are not killing you.

My only complaint on SE is that it pretty well a lock to take meaning the other two traits are rarely used. There are exceptions to be sure but a whole lot of builds will take this as a matter of course.

Shadow's Embrace

in Thief

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

I don’t take SE in my current build but it is a strong choice. If I’m up against a condi build in a duel setting it is almost mandatory. Targeted cleanse is the strongest cleanse.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator