Shadow's Embrace is bugged

in Thief

Posted by: CaptainShrimps.9143

CaptainShrimps.9143

I posted this on the bug forums but it hasn’t gotten any replies, so I’ll post here too. The original post on the bug forums can be found here.

The thief trait Shadow’s Embrace is no longer removing a condition at the end of 3 seconds of stealth, only at the start. It used to remove a condition at the start and at the end of 3 seconds of stealth.
I believe this change happened in the most recent patch, and it was never in any patch notes.

VIDEO
The video shows me testing this bug using stealth from 3 different sources: cloak and dagger, blinding powder, and a heartseeker through black powder.

(edited by CaptainShrimps.9143)

in Thief

Posted by: Bazzoong.7145

Bazzoong.7145

You may consider this another thief buff, with it the skills and balance team shows it’s apprechiation of you playing this game and provides you with a reason to buy HoT.

This is the next step in thief buffs after the mug-hidden thief buff and the fun stealth buff event recently.

The buff was not posted because it would only cause non-thieves to qq over how overpowered thieves are.

All glory goes to the skills and balance team and our awesome Guardian overlord….

in Thief

Posted by: Tonikor.5637

Tonikor.5637

Watchu talkin’ about boy… mines’ working fine.

in Thief

Posted by: Cronicle.5691

Cronicle.5691

As far as i see its working as intended and no bug. Your stealth lasts 3 seconds and Shadows embrace is a 3sec ICD so it will trigger on each stealth If you Master adept Meld with Shadows you will get the 2 conditions removed in 1 stealth session as it will trigger again on the 4th second of stealth.

in Thief

Posted by: Strategist.6132

Strategist.6132

Meld in Shadows doesn’t effect the combo stealth time. So either:

1. It never worked this way or
2. The guy is right.:P

in Thief

Posted by: Bazzoong.7145

Bazzoong.7145

Look at the vid this guy is right, basically what happened is they removed the clear on entry of stealth them count 3 sec and remove a condi, so if you do not trait into SA the stealth will drop before any condi removal and if you trait into SA yo will get 1 condi removed after 3 sec.

Again thanks for the buff skills and balance team, you are awesome, especially Karl and Josh.

in Thief

Posted by: Jesiah.2457

Jesiah.2457

Balance team makes me disappointed when it comes to thief changes. They lack innovation, ideas, and are unaware that they’re even stuck inside a box and therefore do not even know how to approach the idea of thinking outside of the box.

Also if I’m not mistaken “I haven’t looked at the thief traits in a few weeks.” from the idiots working on our balance. So I imagine they look at traits for a day and try to just come up with one mess of ideas and then just forget about it for a while then come back to it again for a short period of time then forget about it for a while.

Wash rinse repeat. If they were actually passionate about what they’re doing, they wouldn’t stutter when talking about class traits. But this is Anet and obviously they do not truly care, not about thief or truly good game balance anyway.

They’re so passionate that they “buffed” hidden thief in the patch notes by taking away the changes they were going to make it, but were at least nice enough to write “(Automatically works with Meld with Shadows)” letting us know how it already works!

^ Is not a change at all and basically they used it as filler text to make it look like they gave thief more changes, when in fact, they did not. +1 to them for giving me so much hype when the thief changes were first announced, and then being the typical Anet trash they are that turns it into a huge disappointment. Especially potent poisons, it was going to be 33% increased poison duration with 50% damage increase to poison, which would’ve been amazing.

But that got nerfed to +10% damage increase to poison which is completely negligible, especially when standing right next to executioner or improvisation. No bonus duration to poison either to compensate a 40% damage nerf to one conditon source anyway …

But hey … since we have this new crap-tier GM trait, better nerf shortbow #4 again!!! Kappa

Anet sucks at what they do ^^

(edited by Jesiah.2457)