in Thief

Posted by: Steinpilz.5078

Steinpilz.5078

Which do you use and why?

Shadow's Rejuvenation vs Assassin's Reward

in Thief

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Shadow’s Rejuvenation. While Assassin’s Reward sounds good on paper due to the healing with initiative, the problem is that any good thief will be taking down an opponent fast in WvW or sPvP. So you’re using far too little initiative for the trait to be worth it IMO.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Thief

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

Rejuvenation. It is not even close as far as sustain and healing per second. Assassin’s Reward needs a rework or a buff. It is not strong enough. Best way to see this is to test them out yourself!

in Thief

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Neither. SA is a crutch and assassins reward is to weak. I get my sustain from mug and omnom pies

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Thief

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

It depends. SR is a better pick for pvp and wvw, when you’re fighting against other players – those fights are heavily situational. For more predictable fights like PvE, I’d go with assassin’s reward.

in Thief

Posted by: Delta Blues.8507

Delta Blues.8507

Well they’re on trait lines that pretty much never go together and are used for completely different builds but imho
Shadow rejuvinations is crazy good if you have a stealth heavy build or easy access to stealth

Assassin’s reward is a million years away as for effectiveness. I still use it because that extra little healing sometimes can make the difference but it’s really not a “good trait”

(also grandmaster traits in the acrobatic line all suck)

edit: wvw speaking

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Neither. SA is a crutch and assassins reward is to weak. I get my sustain from mug and omnom pies

+1

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in Thief

Posted by: XPGAMER.7324

XPGAMER.7324

No one mentioned the new grandmaster in critical strikes. Wonder why :P

Shadow Rejuv > Assassin’s reward any day. Think about all the times that you spend large amounts of initiative (Black powder(6), cloak and dagger(6) ) but your still at full hp, so the trait doesn’t come into play. You can’t rely on having initiative for healing when you’re low hp, because you use the initiative to preform bursts. Giving initiative a dual role such that you need to use it for healing as well as for damage significantly hinders any build imo. Also the healing is just weaker than shadows rejuv in general, ontop of the concept being relatively flawed. Definitely needs a rework.

Just remember friends, SA is terrible, anyone who uses SA is a baddie. Ever. Nope, no good players use SA, its a crutch trait line for unskillful play dont ya know >:

in Thief

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Just remember friends, SA is terrible, anyone who uses SA is a baddie. Ever. Nope, no good players use SA, its a crutch trait line for unskillful play dont ya know >:

And it doesn’t matter if you spend most of your time with S/D evading attacks and just trolling enemies outside of stealth and rarely enter, you’re still a baddie if you use SA. Why? We don’t make the rules, we enforce them.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Thief

XPGAMER.7324

And it doesn’t matter if you spend most of your time with S/D evading attacks and just trolling enemies outside of stealth and rarely enter, you’re still a baddie if you use SA. Why? We don’t make the rules, we enforce them.

They should doccument a list of “rules” so I can play my game according to how others would like me to without being considered cheese.

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

They should doccument a list of “rules” so I can play my game according to how others would like me to without being considered cheese.

So you don’t use SA because others call it cheese #peerpressure

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Thief

XPGAMER.7324

They don’t “call it cheese”, they explain with various facts and logics why it is indeed cheese, and their just informing others…

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

They don’t “call it cheese”, they explain with various facts and logics why it is indeed cheese, and their just informing others…

Logic is different for everyone and with the possibility of every class getting a revealed skill I sense a “noob” switch from SA to S/D leaving only the good ones behind using that spec let the others decide what they like.

Everything is cheese if it ANNOYS them condi tanks,turrets,celestial ele or warrior… basically if you are tankier than a zerker and do +50% of their damage and can create a long fight you are"cheese" it’s already enough pve meta is zerker leave the freedom of builds alone in www and partially pvp.

Edit: x 6 6 x x builds on thief don’t get love in pvp or pve should we “hate” them in www too? Do you have an idea to replace the whole SA trait line?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

(edited by Sagat.3285)

in Thief

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

All this hate on SA is getting silly. Players are going to use whatever cheesy advantage they can to get an enemy down. It’s not a faceroll win, and not OP enough to get nerfed. Why so much hate?

Any build is a crutch to gameplay – a ‘true pro’ would be good enough to fight without traits or stats, and still give people a run for their money. How many skilled players are there like that here?

I’m no pro – I’m decent at best. I won’t fight fair, I’ll fight smart. I’m a dirty fighter, and only respect fairness in honest duels. Out in the field, all is fair game.

in Thief

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

@Arikyali. Your post has restored my faith that some people actually understand the point of making a build (for those who don’t know: you make it to give you an advantage over people.) People need to stop hating others for playing smart.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Why do you even care? Every thief build is considered cheese anyway.

@Arikyali. Your post has restored my faith that some people actually understand the point of making a build (for those who don’t know: you make it to give you an advantage over people.) People need to stop hating others for playing smart.

SA certainly gives advantage, that’s pretty much what we (QQers/haters/whaterver you call us) said earlier. So much drama over something we agree on :c

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

(edited by Jayden Ennok.3687)

in Thief

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

Every person who says they do not use SA please whisper me in game so I can duel you with my Dhuumfire/Terror Necro and burst you in less than 2 seconds.

SA is required in WvW with the ridiculous Perplexity and 2000% condition duration if you don’t want to run from everyone and actually fight outnumbered situations.

/Thread

in Thief

XPGAMER.7324

I don’t think people understand that I was joking… lol xD

But if we were to replace the SA traitline, could our new abillities spawn kittenz and we can become kitten masters? It’d be like MM necros, except we’ll b more OP cuz we have underbewb powers built into the traitline.

(edited by XPGAMER.7324)

in Thief

Posted by: Doug.4930

Doug.4930

Every person who says they do not use SA please whisper me in game so I can duel you with my Dhuumfire/Terror Necro and burst you in less than 2 seconds.

SA is required in WvW with the ridiculous Perplexity and 2000% condition duration if you don’t want to run from everyone and actually fight outnumbered situations.

/Thread

This +1

Doug The Unseen Of Homefront Defenders [HD]

Jade Quarry’s dedicated Roaming/Havoc Squad Guild

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Why would you even consider assassin’s reward? It is the worst healing trait this game has to offer.

in Thief

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

Actually invigorating precision is worse… Well, that’s my opinion.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!