ShadowStep Stomp

ShadowStep Stomp

in Thief

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

Can someone list me all the ways to use this against all the profession downed state? Just wanted to get better at using this tech. :O

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

ShadowStep Stomp

in Thief

Posted by: Pentalic.5409

Pentalic.5409

I try to avoid using it since you either waste Steal of an actual shadowstep skill (Infiltrator’s Strike doesn’t count since any weapon based shadowstep is not instant cast).
If you’re really tired of CnD + stomp, or any-form-of-stealth + stomp, then try this:
Start the stomp – Use Shadowstep to get away – when the stomp is almost complete, use shadow return. Works against all classes because, if timed right, there really isn’t a counter for it. They’ll see you for a half a split second before they die.

Edit: Infiltrator’s Signet works well against other Thieves that try to 2 away from you while downed. Then again, so does any other shadowstep or Steal.
If you’re running Signet of Shadows, a perfectly timed blind is great against anyone.

Blackgate – Asuran Thief – Pentalic The Silent
“A wise man once said something. No one paid attention.”

ShadowStep Stomp

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

This works for me a decent amount of the time, when I go to stomp a mesmer and they immediatley use their interrupt, i get shadow step ready in case they appear on screen giving me enough time to warp within finish range.

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

ShadowStep Stomp

in Thief

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

I run sword main hand and therefore I always have infiltrator strike and shadow return ready. As soon as they drop I start the stomp, then I hit 2 (shadow return) and then steal or use shadowstep right before the stomp ends. Works on all classes

Melder – Thief

ShadowStep Stomp

in Thief

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

I made a very in-depth guide to stomping on my site a while back;
http://www.blackwolfbrotherhood.com/guides/techniques/stomping/

ShadowStep Stomp

in Thief

ArcTheFallen.7682

Thanks guys! How do you do it with steal? :x I am new to stealing so haven’t really tested if it breaks animations.

ShadowStep Stomp

in Thief

ArcTheFallen.7682

I’ll check out the guide! But I guess you can use steal during the stomp (super cool). I wonder if there is any timing to avoid the ranger’s lightning interrupt.

ShadowStep Stomp

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

Thanks guys! How do you do it with steal? :x I am new to stealing so haven’t really tested if it breaks animations.

The only time you would use steal to stomp is on a thief, if it is ready to use, press it the second they shadow step, and youll blink to them without stopping the stomp, and a tuft of hair as a trophy for your accomplishments

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

ShadowStep Stomp

in Thief

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

The only time you would use steal to stomp is on a thief, if it is ready to use, press it the second they shadow step, and youll blink to them without stopping the stomp, and a tuft of hair as a trophy for your accomplishments

You can also use it on Mesmers and, if you have great timing and they were dumb enough to blow Mist Form immediately, Elementalists.