Shadowstep inconsistencies

in Thief

Posted by: Vile.5678

Vile.5678

I’m really getting frustrated with how inconsistent shadowstepping works, either it be with steal, shadowstep, infiltrator’s signet, infiltrator’s strike, etc. At times I’m able to shadowstep through several walls whereas a bump in the ground will screw me over.

Over time I have a general idea on where this ability works and where it doesn’t but I still run into this problem quite frequently as a thief who relies almost completely on this mechanic (not stealth).

Is there a chance that this could ever be fixed/consistent? Or is it a “deal with it” kind of situation? I feel like they really need to streamline this so it’s just a straight up teleport rather than a gamble that doesn’t work properly within it’s own rules.

Warrior – Whrawl
Thief – Radderic
Mesmer – Smash Kablooey

in Thief

Posted by: Smo.6520

Smo.6520

Completely agree.

in Thief

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

+1,000,000
It almost never works for me. Getting caught on terrain is one thing; that’s just kitteny randomness.
But it almost NEVER takes me past a wall like it should. Say for example that there is a small house out in an open field in WvW. I place a Shadow Trap on one side of it, then run around to the opposite end of the house and some distance away. I activate Shadow Trap, and instead of taking me to the other side of the house, 99.9% of the time I just smack into the side of the house on the same side I was already on.
Flat and smooth terrain everywhere.

in Thief

Posted by: baylock.1703

baylock.1703

this is how teleport skills work in gw2 and all teleport skills work like this