tadchevin.1908

Q:

Post you name you wanted to have here just say thief if you don’t want to
DISCLAIMER this topic is just a relaxing topic no serious thing here please

Shall we rename this class ?

in Thief

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

I want to rename it Thief and steal from that other profession. (See what I did there?)

But seriously: our main mechanic is “Steal”. Unless you want to rename it Harlot or something I don’t see it changing at all, ever. I’m quite happy with “Thief”.

in Thief

Posted by: Luto.1938

Luto.1938

I want to rename it Thief and steal from that other profession. (See what I did there?)

But seriously: our main mechanic is “Steal”. Unless you want to rename it Harlot or something I don’t see it changing at all, ever. I’m quite happy with “Thief”.

I agree completely. While thieves can run a variety of builds, we are all built around the same fundamentals.

Luto Locke
Twitch Stream

in Thief

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

My suggestion: Scarecrow

Everybody know, that mesmer can better steal, than thieves and this also without 20 traitpoints.
Or more specifically: Every class can do everything better than thieves, so why the question?

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Name suggestions:
OP
STEALTHZORZ
Sundeskal – That guy has 5 alts, all thieves… the class should be renamed to his name!
Unfinished
Sub-Par
Beta Class
Black-Sheep
Test Class
Venomous Trapper
Runner
Scout
Forest-Gump – Similar to the two names above…
One-trick-pony
The-Taker – we take nerf bats up the _
Troll-er
Lootbag
Rally-bait
Scapegoat
Punch-bag
Ranger – Because they suck as much as us…
Soon-To-Be-Warrior
Soon-To-Be-Guardian
QQ-Generator
Kenny – Because we always die….
Down-State
Unbalanced

Thief – But specifically the ones that steal from kids and old ladies…. We can’t do much more than that…. Example in video:

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

(edited by Zero Day.2594)

in Thief

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

name it with 3 possible name

1. Lootbag (wvw lootbag shouldnt move)
2. Drug dealer (use a lot of poison i wonder what he smoked)
3. Illusionist (god we disapear so often and spend much time invisible we must all be lvl 100 grandmaster of the illusion school XD)
4. Jesus (because every thief that gets spoted will nearly instantly be crucified by every player in the vicinity, also because we are the martyr of gw2 along with ranger and that every time we get nerfed we somehow manage to ’’ressurect’’ the class)

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

in Thief

Posted by: Rarnark.5623

Rarnark.5623

More thieves implying that thieves are underpowered. Thieves aren’t underpowered.

Spirit Bae
Bad Boy Teenager Club [BBTC]
twitch.tv/rarnark

in Thief

Posted by: Necrotize.2974

Necrotize.2974

More thieves implying that thieves are underpowered. Thieves aren’t underpowered.

A lot of it stems from the constant uproar from other classes and nerf after nerf on things that were in general, fine the way they were. Honestly, I’d say maybe 33% of my games I have someone, usually a warrior, cry about how OP thief is. And to further cement my idea that very few of these people actually know how to play thief, most of them say “spam 2 more” or “heartseeker noob” despite the fact that I use a sword…

Everyone makes thieves out to be uber-OP ungodly stealth monsters that are invisible 100% of the time and attack for 20k backstabs when really anyone with half a brain should know if the thief disappears right in front of you, odds are they’re gonna show up behind you and backstab.

in Thief

kyubi.3620

heck is backstab isnt even the only viable build. Run sword and you can score kill even without stealth. People overestimate backstab based on the assumption that thieve are only good for stealthing, Well i dont run away from fights i jump right in the moment i see a single target or a brawl.

I run 25 20 0 25 0 with NO stealth dodge heal and roll for initiative signet of the assasin and cond cure signet (yea i like how cond cure also proc me full endurance regen and a passive bonus while keeping the cooldown relatively low). And heck is i actualy KILL people without much of an effort by using infiltration and pistolwip while running a super glass cannon and yet i aint so glassy as to be easily downable because i dodge so much youl miss a good half of your attack before you can actualy land the hit (between that youl already be dead).

Stealth is utherly over rated

in Thief

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

What I dont get is that Stal starts at 45sec, but warriors f1 and other classes f skills are less of a cooldown, even guardian and Recharge them all with the elite skill.

I would Love to see Steal be a base 30sec Recharge before Traits, getting it to a 15sec with Max traits into it.

This would give the “Thief” a truly thief’y feel to it.

I mean.. a Warrior can use f1 skill ever 7-10sec doing LOADS of damage or LOTS of CC, but thief… yeah a couple ok ish skills and some Ok ish boons that other classes can spam.

SAB or RIOT

in Thief

kyubi.3620

steal when traited can be cooldown reduced to 17 second max. If they reduce it further well start seeing thief using Mug as a mean to heal in battle for full life. I already heal myself from mug so by the 6 dont make it worse.

in Thief

Necrotize.2974

The problem with that would be certain classes making steal better than others. For example, steal is nothing but a gap closers+heal on engineers because honestly, who uses that skill for anything other than filler. Necromancers on the other hand. What I’d give for a 15 second cd 3 second fear to use on a class with almost no stun breaks. Same goes with consume plasma to a lesser extent. That gives you most buffs (stab and retal will fade faster than the others) for 2/3 of the time.

Personally I think steal could do with a lower cd, after all it is our class mechanic and most classes have ways to make their class mechanic either instantly recharge or have multiple options when it comes to skills to use. I just know it will be complaints waiting to happen, as is expected anytime thief gets a buff that is easily noticeable in a fight.

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

>.> Jesus what’s with all these people and their stories…
This thread needs new names for this class…

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

kyubi.3620

how about the

1. Broke guy with no money
2. Houndini
3. Teleportation device 8D

in Thief

Posted by: Tremain.4623

Tremain.4623

Rename the class to assassin, change our class skill into four different poisons.

in Thief

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

steal when traited can be cooldown reduced to 17 second max. If they reduce it further well start seeing thief using Mug as a mean to heal in battle for full life. I already heal myself from mug so by the 6 dont make it worse.

Its 19 3/4 recharge and thats only if you spend 30points into it. I was saying give us a base Cooldown less but keeping the over all traited into it close to it is now, that way it will open up more options for thief.

SAB or RIOT

in Thief

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

Rouge.

Additionally, add a class achievement of killing 10k undergeared players in WvW with mug+CnD+backstab combo, giving you a title ,,The Overpowdered".

Signed, level 1 alt

in Thief

Black Teagan.9215

The best recharge time of steal is 21,5 secs.
Not 19,75s and especially not 17 secs.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

in Thief

Necrotize.2974

Hmm, I may be missing something obvious but then the traits affecting steal cd must be misleading. None of the ways I perform the 30% reduction from 30 points in trickery and the 20% of sleight of hand results in 21.5 seconds. They result in either 19.6 or 17.5.

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

I like Mobile Loot Bag.

in Thief

Black Teagan.9215

Hmm, I may be missing something obvious but then the traits affecting steal cd must be misleading. None of the ways I perform the 30% reduction from 30 points in trickery and the 20% of sleight of hand results in 21.5 seconds. They result in either 19.6 or 17.5.

That’s because Sleight of Hand use a different formula, than the reducion from the 30 points in trickery.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Math-on-steal-cooldown/first#post2282813

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Talk:Sleight_of_Hand

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

in Thief

Posted by: Rafahil.2857

Rafahil.2857

Kenny Powers.

15char

in Thief

Necrotize.2974

That’s because Sleight of Hand use a different formula, than the reducion from the 30 points in trickery.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Math-on-steal-cooldown/first#post2282813

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Talk:Sleight_of_Hand

Ahh thanks.

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I like Mobile Loot Bag.

i second that

we are certanly moving toward that direction heh

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Thief

kyubi.3620

what about.

Dervish dancer (acrobatic pistol whip)
Fencer (acrobatic pistol whip)
Sword spam (pistol whip)

in Thief

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Pirate. We’ve got the sword, and the guns.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Thief

Posted by: TGH.7630

TGH.7630

Ninja
Rogue (hue)
Assassin
Duelist

Hard-to-catch-bladey-man

in Thief

Posted by: Tachii.3506

Tachii.3506

Infiltrator.

/15chars

SBI – Thief and the occasional Guardian & Warrior.