Share your thoughts on Invigorating Precision

in Thief

Posted by: MakubeC.3026

MakubeC.3026

I want to hear feedback from you guys.

I personally play a Venom/Tank thief and I was hoping for this trait to finally make my build viable, which it does not.

I think that weighted against the new traits this one is sub-par. We’re are talking about 50hp for every 1k dmg you critically hit.

I won’t even compare us to other classes’ guards and invulnerabilities, because we are not meant to last that much, but really, non-stealth builds need some love.

Is someone using this?

in Thief

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

Necromancer’s Parasitic Contagion is just as pitiful.

CD

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

For soloing certain parts of some dungeons etc, it’s good as compound healing along with Signet of Malice and lifesteal food. On its own, not so much.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Although not meant to replace a healing skill, for a GM trait its pathetic. I think anet forgot w/o executioner you won’t get heavy crits in (20% is a lot), so the health on-crit-only is not that appealing.

They should of either:

A). Split the health % on crit for single and AoE targets. That way spamming cluster bomb or pw doesn’t become unstoppable, but atleast using a shadow shot or hs can do something of notice.

B). Add an ICD (1, 1.5 seconds?) and bump the heal across all crits.

C). let the percent scale off healing power (for every 100 healing power, increase heal by 1%). Keep in mind that spec’ing for healing power means a big loss in dps, so even at 800 HealP you only recover 13% of your critical damage as health which won’t be much but it could make magi + IP a nice bunker.

They said in the preview “These traits are not meant to compete with other GM traits”. News flash, you can only have 1 gm trait per trait line, of course it has to compete. If someone is going to lose 100% crit (valk/caval builds) in stealth or give up 20% extra damage at <50% health I think the heal should be more noticeable than a mediocre regeneration.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Thief

Posted by: Mice.8921

Mice.8921

I run dungeons with S/P and 100% crit chance and signet of malice and on crit life steal food… this looks like a good way to survive some of the tougher bosses with a PuG group…. Side note: I’m planning to start using sigil of strength with my 100% crit chance S/P….

in Thief

Posted by: Interceptor.2653

Interceptor.2653

This was clearly meant to be part of a balanced breakfast, i.e. combined with SoM and life leech from food. I suspect that they might amp up the gain a bit in a future patch, but ANet has to be careful with combat heals, so it’s better to release it somewhat underpowered and see what players do with the thing.

Doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to compare this trait with Executioner or Hidden Killer, which do different things. It’s better set next to Assassin’s Reward or Shadow’s Rejuvenation.

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

This was clearly meant to be part of a balanced breakfast, i.e. combined with SoM and life leech from food. I suspect that they might amp up the gain a bit in a future patch, but ANet has to be careful with combat heals, so it’s better to release it somewhat underpowered and see what players do with the thing.

Doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to compare this trait with Executioner or Hidden Killer, which do different things. It’s better set next to Assassin’s Reward or Shadow’s Rejuvenation.

Im not comparing mechanics I’m comparing their investment. Generally you gain some you lose some when picking traits, in this case choosing IP over execution or hidden killer is you gain little lose a lot. I agree that they can’t just oversize this trait or we’ll run into another 8+ months of HS (healing signet) kitten, but there is no way this is the final result for this trait.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Thief

MakubeC.3026

I hope you are right, otherwise its just a no useful trait.

(edited by MakubeC.3026)

in Thief

MakubeC.3026

A 25% heal with a 5 or 8 seconds cooldown would be great.

in Thief

Posted by: Zord.6130

Zord.6130

Terrible trait, tradeoff with Hidden Killer/Executioner is too high.

Powerpuff Girls [PPG]
Trixxi Is Cute – Purple Fhaz: your daily roamer

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I’m surprised people would even bother trying with this trait.

I mean basic math dictates it’s useless.

For every 100 damage you deal, assuming it’s a critical strike (okay, so signet + Thrill with berserker gear is what like 80% crit chance?), you heal 5.

50 on 1k
500 on 10k.

So every 4-5 seconds if you’re critting as a stab thief, you’re healing for 500.
Overall, maybe you’ll heal another 400 with the autoattack chain, too, assuming you’re critting on everything and dealing a bit of damage and are not stopping to dodge/re-position and your target doesn’t die.

Meanwhile that full tank hammer warrior is hitting you for 2-4k per swing, and you’re not healing since you’re on the ground.

The trait was useless from design, even before considering its conflict with HK/Exec.

in Thief

Posted by: Sorril.7936

Sorril.7936

Better to kill first…if we can hehe.

in Thief

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

:o Could give thieves a reason to use assassin gear.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

in Thief

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Invigorating precision is a mixed bag. One one hand, it is redundant and has strong competition from executioner and hidden killer. On the other hand… it does what it needs to quite well.

I run dungeons with pugs… a lot… and I only make “all welcome” parties. So, I essentially get undergeared and inexperienced players, because someone has to teach them. Now, in these groups, I often find myself having to face tank these bosses, since the players don’t know what to do or how to do it. Face tanking a boss in either pure zerk gear or zerk/valkyrie hybrid gear is really hard, but I’ve found invigorating precision to be quite useful for this circumstance. The trait essentially doubles the healing potency from signet of malice, and also provides passive healing when using withdraw. Combine the large amount of skill evades, and this trait has saved me a time or two. Especially against Legendary Svanigandr.

So, unless you are in my position, Invigorating Precision will be nearly useless. But for me, it isn’t. Also, it increases the up time of scholar runes 6th bonus, so it isn’t completely useless offensively.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Thief

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Maybe it’s viable in high level fractals?

Personally, I don’t have a single reason to ever use this trait.

in Thief

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

This, with Sig of Malice and Assassin’s Reward is unkillable.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

in Thief

Posted by: Luranni.9470

Luranni.9470

Simply untrue, at least in WvW.

Luranni
Perish [FLEE]
Gandara

in Thief

MakubeC.3026

Tried this and its barely decent.

I wonder what was the plan for this trait…

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

This trait gives a decent heal when coupled with Assassin’s Reward while using P/P. So I believe that this is a preferred trait for those who uses P/P just like Hidden Killer is preferred for those who uses Daggers. It is for those whose playstyle is a Stealthless Acrobatic Gunslinger (0/6/0/6/2). It’s not for every build.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

I use it all the time, I seldom die… self sustain with Pistol Whip, i dunno about you guys, but ive never roamed more confidently

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”