Shared Venom Spec Suggestion

in Thief

Posted by: Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Venomous Aura is as useful as a knife with no blade at the moment…UNLESS, you are condition damage specced/duration.

My suggestion is this:
Upcoming update is going to increase the range on the Aura trait.

Additionally, why not add an effect to apply the thief (that used the venoms) condition damage and duration to those that the venom charges are given to.
In example: I were to use Skale Venom, and Ice Drake Venom, Giving my allies 3 charges of Skale, and 3 of Drake venom. During those 3 charges each, they get my condition damage and duration until the charges are drained/wear off.

Make the upcoming party buffs(party are prioritized) effect Venoms!

This in turn, would make thieves a more supportive class!
:::

No reason I can see would this be overpowered as currently if you dont have anyone but yourself specced in condition damage/duration what is the point in venom share?

Is not rattlesnake venom poisonous? I mean if I dip my blade in rattlesnake venom and stick you, your are probably going to die based on the dosage, but if you dip your blade in and stick someone, should they not get the same effect as opposed to a sneeze?!!?!!?

(edited by Lithril Ashwalker.6230)

in Thief

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

Remove venom share, and buff all venoms. They are so underpowered because of this single trait.

Signed, level 1 alt

in Thief

Posted by: Cyhann.2609

Cyhann.2609

Remove venom share, and buff all venoms. They are so underpowered because of this single trait.

This, they won’t find a good way to balance this thing right, not in the way the thief is
working at the moment, well at least I doubt it, but if they can I somehow think it would
end up in a wierd way like those spirit rangers.

in Thief

Posted by: godz raiden.2631

godz raiden.2631

The only problem I see with adding shared condition damage and duration to venom share is that it could be insanely overpowered in small group fights. In zerg battles it probably wouldn’t make much of a difference. Maybe if venom share shared a portion of the thief’s condition damage it would be alright, but it would require some math to balance it properly in my opinion.

Godz Raiden (Thief)
Maguuma

in Thief

Posted by: Crailfron.4960

Crailfron.4960

I like the idea but restrict said condition damage and duration to just the venoms. That is, the person receiving a venom won’t get more condition damage or duration, but it will act on the giver’s condition damage and duration.

in Thief

Posted by: knyy.6427

knyy.6427

The truth. The buff with greater radius to the trait is ok, but i dont see the point in using it anyway (aside from gimmick build).

in Thief

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

I like the idea but restrict said condition damage and duration to just the venoms. That is, the person receiving a venom won’t get more condition damage or duration, but it will act on the giver’s condition damage and duration.

Indeed what I’m saying

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

share venum are not broken it just ppl and group dont fully understand how to use it correctly
thieves thinks that if one use full venum build it suck build so more ppl say it without even try it
small or big group with 1-2 venom thief is more powerful than 1-2 d/x thieves in it
they can buff the group before and middle of the fight with 2 stun on 5 allies, 10 sec of immobilize, weakness, poison 4 stacks of vulnerability all over
torment is used as cover condition and also poison (which also -33% heal) so also can be used on power ally
and if the thief think he can play as d/x go inside and out fast he is wrong and probably die.

i dont think more radios is needed. the thief need to be in group or walk close to one.
also to give your condition dmg is way OP beside the venom you use are cc mainly so beside torment none of them need to go with condition dmg

again think what you give to your group
poison – your enemy -33% heal
weakness (blast finisher) – 50% hit fail and vigor regen
vulnerability – 4% more dmg (and if the group hit the same enemy its even higher)
chill – 66% movement and cd
8 stacks of might (when the guardian buff ending)
2 stun on 5 ppl
immobilize for 10 seconds

sure in pugs zerg fight you wont be so noticeable.

so if just the heal venom could be changed for shorter cd or buff the heal as unblockable and heal you more i would be happier

in Thief

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

in Thief

Posted by: FZeroWing.2098

FZeroWing.2098

ninja nurse is legit now

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fZAQNAqYVnMJS3TW1EGNB/TmImQ4e3veelW7DLCA-T1yGABA8IAu9EAooKEroWALqqIy+DfoNgOlg5eEAYS5XH6AIEg01A-w

This could actually work, all you do is stand in your group and press venoms to heal them and some condi pressure.

Mugentora S/D Thief [BT]
Sea of Sorrows

(edited by FZeroWing.2098)

in Thief

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

ninja nurse is legit now

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fZAQNAqYVnMJS3TW1EGNB/TmImQ4e3veelW7DLCA-T1yGABA8IAu9EAooKEroWALqqIy+DfoNgOlg5eEAYS5XH6AIEg01A-w

This could actually work, all you do is stand in your group and press venoms to heal them and some condi pressure.

One stun and you’re toast…

in Thief

Posted by: FZeroWing.2098

FZeroWing.2098

ninja nurse is legit now

One stun and you’re toast…

It’s a dangerous life, but if you are running with a good group they can provide you the stab that you may need. Or you can swap SR for SS.

Mugentora S/D Thief [BT]
Sea of Sorrows

in Thief

Posted by: Terravos.4059

Terravos.4059

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Xsorus – Ranger PvP movies Creator of the BM Bunker

in Thief

Posted by: Ovid.7135

Ovid.7135

^Why post that video? That’s embarrassingly bad play for such a troll easy build in wvw.

Peanut Butter Jelly Times (Swisslips)

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

1v1 you dont need thief guild and no venom share as pd alone can kill easily but yes it so much fun to down ppl in 3 seconds while eating while talking to your wife while changing diaper to your baby