Short bow stats

Short bow stats

in Thief

Posted by: Scrib.9207

Scrib.9207

Figured i’d ask you fellow thiefers for advice on this. Not quite sure what stat combo to pick for an ascended short bow, and since it’s a precursor weapon I won’t be able to change stats later.
I mostly do wvw small scale roaming, and occasionally some pve. Power spec, standart d/p stuff with sb for secondary. At the very least I’d pick marauder stats but I’m debating if I shouldn’t get something tankier like soldier. Reasoning being that I usually use short bow for disengaging/running away, rather than to do the damagez.
So what stats do you guys run on your sb for wvw, and i guess pve?

Short bow stats

in Thief

Posted by: Coronit.9432

Coronit.9432

Well, if its a precursor you gonna change it sooner or later to the legendary anyways, so its not that issue if you select stats you don´t want later. I prefer marauder though. Marauder is better than zerker for wvw and you don´t need shortbow in pve (at least not as main damage, marauder is still enough damage), so… just go with marauder.
While you don´t use shortbows in duels or fights that much like in earlier times, its still a useful weapon for rangecleave, clusterbomb-spike, poision, etc.

Now to the sigill, tbh I am a freak in that stuff, having 5 on my main and a total of 10 on all 4 thieves.

Mostly I use bloodlust/leeching, like it pvp for similar reasons (more spike on next hit, adds survival, etc).
Then I like bloodlust/energy. Energy grants more endurance in wvw than pvp and gaining another dodge when swapping to shortbow adds disengage-potential.
Then I have 2 with air/energy | fire/energy. That stuff is older and I don´t use them lately, but they are great for duels when you want fairer ones and not use bloodlust-stacks.
The last one is air/fire. Used that like 99% of the time when both sigil were better. They got nerfed but are steal good. Together with clusterbombs and bouncing AA you procc them fast and they add good damage.

You see that there are a lot of possible combinations. Another one worth mentioning is having rage on shortbow and using impact strike, swapping to shortbow and using impact strike immediatly can easily go into the only remaing quickness-stomp. Adds a lot of fun ^^

Thief for Live – Noc
Pls more Noc-Noc-Jokes…
How to counter Unrelenting Assault… Not anymore :<

(edited by Coronit.9432)