Short pistol whip Video

Short pistol whip Video

in Thief

Posted by: Konvoy.6245

Konvoy.6245

http://youtu.be/rvRopF22G84

Check it out if you’re interested! I would greatly appreciate feedback as I plan to make more videos in the future. Also give me some builds you guys would be interested in seeing, though I’ll still be playing pistol whip for the most part.

Anyways thanks!

Short pistol whip Video

in Thief

Posted by: Dreleth.3647

Dreleth.3647

I enjoyed the video a lot, even though I dislike most pistol whip thieves. Nice job man

I would loooooooove to see some d/p or even some d/d builds from you too.

Short pistol whip Video

in Thief

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

No offense, but a PW collage isn’t exactly what I call interesting.

D/P Thieves are pretty rare Dreleth. Personally, I play D/P P/P, but I don’t make videos, sorry.

Short pistol whip Video

in Thief

Posted by: Dreleth.3647

Dreleth.3647

I know PW isn’t that interesting. I like watching d/p plays.

I would play d/p myself, but I don’t know any good traits/builds for it.
Any tips? (Not looking for venom share stuff, either)

(edited by Dreleth.3647)

Short pistol whip Video

in Thief

Posted by: metaphorm.6904

metaphorm.6904

this was incredibly boring. not really possible to learn anything from this video.

Short pistol whip Video

in Thief

Konvoy.6245

I could try some Dagger/Pistol though I always get torn about how I want to build my traits. Anyone have a good Dagger/Pistol build?

Short pistol whip Video

in Thief

Konvoy.6245

Also Metaphorm, what type of content are you interested in watching?

Short pistol whip Video

in Thief

Konvoy.6245

Alright so I’m making a D/D Backstab video next most likely. Still tweaking the utility skills a bit but i think i have my favorite trait build worked out. IF anyone can find a D/P trait build that i enjoy i’d greatly appreciate it!

Short pistol whip Video

in Thief

Posted by: Dronin.3957

Dronin.3957

D/P is a more difficult but more rewarding version of D/D….

As for a build, Id like to keep mine to myself but Ill roll out with some essentials

- bonus 3 init from Trickery
- Infusion of shadow from shadow arts tree
- Opportunist from Critical strikes tree
- Kleptomaniac

As you can see all these skills are designed around bonus init, this is a very heavy init build and without them you will find yourself starved pretty quickly, especially in longer fights.

Things I would suggest

- Shadows embrace

really good condition removal, gets rid of two conditions usually when you stealth so you hardly need to worry about them.

Play tips:

Cant give too many but make sure you use your BP -> HS to initiate, at close range or shadow shot at longer range.

after your bp/hs combo use steal to get init back

Use BP to stomp, use headshot to stop people stomping from range or bp when your right on top of them.

(edited by Dronin.3957)

Short pistol whip Video

in Thief

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

D/P is a more difficult but more rewarding version of D/D….

As for a build, Id like to keep mine to myself but Ill roll out with some essentials

- bonus 3 init from Trickery
- Infusion of shadow from shadow arts tree
- Opportunist from Critical strikes tree
- Kleptomaniac

As you can see all these skills are designed around bonus init, this is a very heavy init build and without them you will find yourself starved pretty quickly, especially in longer fights.

Things I would suggest

- Shadows embrace

really good condition removal, gets rid of two conditions usually when you stealth so you hardly need to worry about them.

Play tips:

Cant give too many but make sure you use your BP -> HS to initiate, at close range or shadow shot at longer range.

after your bp/hs combo use steal to get init back

Use BP to stomp, use headshot to stop people stomping from range or bp when your right on top of them.

I agree that the weapon set is a little initiative starved, personally I have been testing a lot of different builds for the same sets (D/P with P/P secondary) and I am not sure what I like best yet. Currently I am using a pretty glassy build but I have been going back and forth a lot. My specs are a little offbeat and made to fit my needs generally. I like to feel more like an Assassin and less like a light tank.

My specs are generally higher in Shadow Arts and Acrobatics and max Critical Strikes. I am currently experimenting with a more glass cannon type of build with 25 30 0 15 0. Main problem of course is I don’t have as much initiative regen as my other builds. The 15 in acrobatics is for the swiftness on dodge (so I don’t feel like I need Signet of Shadows) as well as vigor on heal for more survivability via dodges and the endurance return on dodge. As you can tell, it relies heavily on dodging and burst. It has been moderately successful so far. I use Hide is Shadows, Shadowstep, and Shadow Refuge. On the last utility skill I have been switching it around a lot depending on what I felt I needed. A lot of times I have been using Ambush Trap, but have also switched it up to Blinding Powder, Shadow Trap, and Roll for Initiative at times. My elite is exclusively Thieves Guild. I almost always include Shadowstep and Shadow Refuge in my builds, they are just too good to pass up imo. I also detest venom builds, I find them very boring. No denying they are strong though.

I personally believe the best Thief specs are yet to be discovered. Sadly, almost every Thief I meet in game seems to be a Pistol Whip spammer who thinks anything besides a full glass cannon Pistol Whip spec is bad. Most of them just copied a spec on these forums or Guru and think they are god’s gift to the Thief class. They put no thought into their builds or theory-craft anything. It is sad, really.

(edited by Ashanor.5319)

Short pistol whip Video

in Thief

Posted by: metaphorm.6904

metaphorm.6904

Also Metaphorm, what type of content are you interested in watching?

i really enjoy videos that show the full context of a fight. my favorite are lightly edited, lightly narrated videos of sPvP battlegrounds.

light editing meaning fast-forward through the truly uninteresting parts (running around the map, waiting on a point, waiting for respawn, etc.). no jump cuts. should be a continuous camera shot though.

light narration means possibly sub-titling some comments in if there’s something interesting to point out during the action. also maybe a voice-over intro and outro. no talking over the action though.

Short pistol whip Video

in Thief

Konvoy.6245

Thank you metaphorm Will definitely work on that. I do like the idea of going over an entire match and speeding up through the boring parts. I’ll have to get more games recorded where I’m on a coordinated team in skype or something. Problem is I end up having to pug a lot ><

Short pistol whip Video

in Thief

Posted by: Eliteseraph.4970

Eliteseraph.4970

I have to agree with Metaphorm. All too often you see these videos that are a montage of all the best moments that someone cut out of hours worth of play. It’s nice to see a highlight reel every now and then, but it’s not a very good representation of what the class or the player is actually capable of. And some of these guys think they’re ‘keepin it real’ by showing them getting killed once at the end of the video. Don’t make me laugh.

Show us footage of REAL fighting. Win, lose, mistakes, perfect plays, everything. The good players will appreciate it, so long as you fast forward past the boring bits(NOT cut it out completely).

Short pistol whip Video

in Thief

Konvoy.6245

mmk “Eliteseraph”

Short pistol whip Video

in Thief

Posted by: sonicbrkr.4986

sonicbrkr.4986

Are there any videos like that yet? I just purchased the game and already made a thief and am very interested in PvP.

Short pistol whip Video

in Thief

Konvoy.6245

Ya sonic you could check out this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Jimmyx192?feature=CA4QwRs%3D

He posts a new video every couple days and it’s usually full tourney games or him commentating over a tourney game.