Shortbow OP now?

Shortbow OP now?

in Thief

Posted by: Necrotize.2974

Necrotize.2974

No idea if it was the same person but several people complained about me playing thief, specifically mentioning shortbow as op and giving thief too much AoE today. I personally have never heard this before and honestly I rarely see a thief without a shortbow on swap. The only trend I saw was that they all tended to be minion classes(ranger, necro, and a mesmer who commented but didn’t really complain) and I guess I can kind of see how it could be annoying. I run a power build and a sigil of fire meaning if they have minions out trick shot almost always procs.

So is there something I’m missing or has the community just found something else to call OP now that LS can’t counter boon bunkers?

Shortbow OP now?

in Thief

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

Bad players will complain for the smallest things.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

Shortbow OP now?

in Thief

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

No idea if it was the same person but several people complained about me playing thief, specifically mentioning shortbow as op and giving thief too much AoE today. I personally have never heard this before and honestly I rarely see a thief without a shortbow on swap. The only trend I saw was that they all tended to be minion classes(ranger, necro, and a mesmer who commented but didn’t really complain) and I guess I can kind of see how it could be annoying. I run a power build and a sigil of fire meaning if they have minions out trick shot almost always procs.

So is there something I’m missing or has the community just found something else to call OP now that LS can’t counter boon bunkers?

They’re going to find something, its just a question of how much of a stretch it is.

My money is on “Stolen skills are too strong!” and “Why are the skills thieves steal better then my version?”

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

Shortbow OP now?

in Thief

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

They’re going to find something, its just a question of how much of a stretch it is.

My money is on “Stolen skills are too strong!” and “Why are the skills thieves steal better then my version?”

There was a thread in the nerco forum (could have been this one, not sure) a few months ago complaining that thieves had a better fear -_-

Shortbow OP now?

in Thief

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

There was a thread in the nerco forum (could have been this one, not sure) a few months ago complaining that thieves had a better fear -_-

And I’ve seen warriors and rangers complaining about thief’s stolen skill, which lead me to my prognostication.

IIRC though (and I might be wrong), those complaints were prior to the skull fear change that made the length of fear based on how close you are to a player when it activates.

Edit: That change did happen, right? Maybe I’m imagining things….

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

(edited by evilapprentice.6379)

Shortbow OP now?

in Thief

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

It used to be a flat 3 seconds yes, along with the war’s fear, both got changed at the same time, and I remember the complaint being before that.

Also seen a few guardians say “Wow, didn’t know I had that in me O.o”

Shortbow OP now?

in Thief

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

I’m stacked power/crit damage, and if I pop steal for fury, I’m usually at 80% crit chance or something like that. Haven’t checked in a while.

But anywho, if I’m stacked bloodlust stacks and guard leech, my cluster bombs crit for over 7k, and it can be spammed 6-8 times, depending on the +1 initiative gain on crit.

It’s pretty close to OP

Shortbow OP now?

in Thief

Posted by: Icetrinity.3804

Icetrinity.3804

I’m stacked power/crit damage, and if I pop steal for fury, I’m usually at 80% crit chance or something like that. Haven’t checked in a while.

But anywho, if I’m stacked bloodlust stacks and guard leech, my cluster bombs crit for over 7k, and it can be spammed 6-8 times, depending on the +1 initiative gain on crit.

It’s pretty close to OP

The damage may be high, but I guarantee your survivability is extremely low, so it isn’t OP, just a build choice that provides strong damage, with a cost. Also, not that it matters too much, but you are contributing from a WvW point, which allows you to stack extra benefits (like Guard Leech), further boosting the damage potential of your build.

To the Original Post – Shortbow is DEFINITELY NOT OP. Unless I am mistaken, shortbow has barely seen any tweaks to it since release, and as others have said before me, people will complain about anything – especially if they lose to it.

Shortbow OP now?

in Thief

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

SB got nerfed pretty hard actually. Damage was reduced and the range on #2 was cut to 900.

Shortbow OP now?

in Thief

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

cluster bomb is hard to land, that’s what’s keeping it from being OP imo

All is vain.

Shortbow OP now?

in Thief

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Clutster Bomb spreads bleeding better if you detonate it in mid-air. Leveling conditions, this was my goal when I used it but it was tough. It shoots slowly and the arc is inconsistent, leading to early or late detonations on my part quite often.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Shortbow OP now?

in Thief

Posted by: overlordchin.7583

overlordchin.7583

Clutster Bomb spreads bleeding better if you detonate it in mid-air. Leveling conditions, this was my goal when I used it but it was tough. It shoots slowly and the arc is inconsistent, leading to early or late detonations on my part quite often.

If you have the dreamer detonating at the wrong time becomes a thing of the past. It is pretty hard to not see where your giant rainbow unicorn bomb is. That was a pleasant side effect of finishing my legendary. That said shortbow is def not OP its just the best zerging weapon thieves have.

Shortbow OP now?

in Thief

Posted by: Hype.8032

Hype.8032

Haters gonna hate O_o

That being said, sbow is a lot stronger than most thieves realize. How many have you seen use sbow for most of a 1v1 and come away with the win?

Tualek & F I Monk / Thief —-- Tk E / Engineer
Highest Solo Queue Rank Achieved: 40
Highest solo-join Team Queue Rank Achieved: 198

Shortbow OP now?

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

when playing roamer i use the sbow first to feel my enemy like armor health pool etc.
with power build my AA deos around 1-1.5k (depends on the enemy armor) but to secure cluster bomb hit i use melee distance as the attack is very slow and dodgeable easily. my cluster bomb does 4-6k (not against uplvl) so its not OP as u got no defense if you wanna land it . after my target below 50% hp i switch to d/d or s/d to finish.
and when i get stuck in difficult situations i use #5 or #3 .
the only time i spam #2 is when fighting with a group but otherwise i save ini points

if using condition build its bit low on conditions and may be useable in group fight (but necros does it better)

so no OP imo