Shortbow and Dagger skins?

in Thief

Posted by: Budchgon.2108

Budchgon.2108

I’m looking for a good ‘Assassin’ style short bow and Dagger skins for my Thief…

At the moment i am using the Whispers Shortbow which looks ok but not really Assassiny (Word?) and i do like the look of Usoku’s dagger/Moonshank but both cost 7-10 gold each :-(

What do you use on your Thief?

Lyssia Iceblood of Gandara – I sometimes win… but not often :-(

in Thief

Posted by: Braxxis.7062

Braxxis.7062

Ghastly Daggers

And since I dislike the look of all the Shortbows in the game, I went with the Ebonhawke Shortbow which shows as a Longbow.

Nahla Lisandril / Ashelia Morin / Craulk
Yolaine / Orindine / Maliasera
~ Among the Ashes [Dust] ~

in Thief

Posted by: xyger.7349

xyger.7349

Eww, ghastly lol. Yah I wanted some dagger and bow skins but so far haven’t found many. To start off with, the legendaries are crap ._. a rainbow bow and a stupid melting dagger? WTF!? No. Just no.

I do like the Legionnaire’s dagger (4 gold), the Seraph/Noble Dagger (From Cadecus Manor or from Drops), The Pact Dagger (not really assassin-y), Moonshank is really nice but expensive. There’s another dagger that I can’r really recall but look’s pretty cool also.

The bows.. I can’t find any. I found to like the Legionnaire’s short bow or the Seraph/Noble one but those are pretty ugly. There is the dead bow and the bone bow which are really nice but I have no clue where to get them from.

I do recommend you go to the Heart of the mists, your PVP locker, and preview them there if you haven’t done so already.

in Thief

Posted by: Braxxis.7062

Braxxis.7062

Yes Ghastly. They look great at night, I just wish they had the glow effect all the time.

And previewing weapons in the PVP Locker doesn’t help due to Previews not showing any “effects”.

Nahla Lisandril / Ashelia Morin / Craulk
Yolaine / Orindine / Maliasera
~ Among the Ashes [Dust] ~

in Thief

Posted by: Rottaran Owain.6789

Rottaran Owain.6789

Currently I’ve got my daggers skinned with the red-ish pirate daggers from the Karma vendor after the jumping puzzle in Lion’s Arch, and the guild shortbow.

You should probably give us a screenshot of your character, so we can see how your character looks to find a better matching weapon skin.

in Thief

xyger.7349

The PvP locker shows very little effects like water dripping, or glowing, or electricity, but it’s still usefull in getting SOME idea of what you want.

The other two daggers that look nice are the tribal and makeshift daggers, really assassiny looking.

in Thief

Posted by: ASP.8093

ASP.8093

What kinds of thing are you thinking of when you say “assassin”?

I like Aureate Daggers and the Krytan Shortbow. They’re both super-cheap skins, but I find beauty in their understated-for-a-video-game simplicity.

Makeshift is another good dagger skin, if you want something that looks like a short stabby knife.

Nemain The Eyeless · [JOY] · Tarnished Coast · http://tcwvw.com

in Thief

Posted by: Budchgon.2108

Budchgon.2108

Well, the armour i am wearing is the ’’Duelist’’ Ninja looking armour (was a choice between that or the Whisper’s armour as all the other Medium armours are variations of trenchcoats) whish look good but not suit my DB Jumpy acrobatic Thief.

The two Daggers which look good (from what i have seen) as as mentioned… Moonshank and Usoku’s Dagger (which looks like a Sai)

Lyssia Iceblood of Gandara – I sometimes win… but not often :-(

in Thief

xyger.7349

I really hate the style of Sai, they’re more for like… I guess ninja turtles. Let’s talk about bows ._. I also would like an intricate but not flashy bow that looks.. normal and not at all wierd (like destroyer or orrian or forest) .

I’m going to try for the order of whispers helm + orrian medium armor. It looks pretty cool.

in Thief

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

My fav. dagger skin is the Ebonhawke Karma one, you can buy it for little karma and (the low level one, the skin is the same) and then transmute it to high level. It looks really elegant and can fit an assassin.

My fav. shortbow skin is Aether, but that one is really hard to get. I like the Steam Shortbow because I like compound bows and steam punk looks. Maybe not too “assassin-like” but that depends on how you see your character.

in Thief

Posted by: Dietere.3476

Dietere.3476

I just bought Usoku’s today, and I have to admit that I look pretty freakin sexy with it.

I am also going for a kind of ninja/assassin look. I use the Mystic Crescent right now, which I think is pretty nice. I ran with Drakevenom for a bit, since I think it looks pretty cool and assassin-ish, but I recently switched back to Mystic for the cool effects.

Wolfborn shortbow is also pretty sexy, it’s like black and white colored.

(edited by Dietere.3476)

in Thief

Posted by: Coffeebot.3921

Coffeebot.3921

I use 2x Kenshi’s Wing transmusted to berserker stats, mostly because I like large combat knives over daggers… especially weird flimsy looking weapons.

As for short bow, it’s a guild short bow all the way because I’m original like that.

Fornicate like you’ve never fornicated before.
I am anti-censorship, for it doesn’t make sense to pander to a minority.

in Thief

Posted by: Oxygen.5918

Oxygen.5918

carrion legionnaire

I was the best at burning things. Especially bosses that
didn’t move.

in Thief

Posted by: Thorp.7982

Thorp.7982

I’m using the Asura cultural level 3 weapons for my skins. They glow a purple mist and leave behind small purple clouds. They’re 63k karma and you can easily access them right through the Asura portal in Lion’s Arch.

in Thief

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

what about the destroyer and corrupted shortbow, I think those look pretty good.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer