Shortbow?

Shortbow?

in Thief

Posted by: lighterdark.5307

lighterdark.5307

I havent found many shortbow dedicated builds. I think that it does great dmg in WvWvW and PvE mobs because of its AoE, but I still havent found a straight build for the SB. Can one be made?

Shortbow?

in Thief

Posted by: obtuse.8291

obtuse.8291

yeah but it mainly is with points in deadly arts to increase the damage of poison. there is also a 5% boost trait i think in critical strikes. so if you were to build for it i’d say make it poison build and use the poison venom, 30/20 and pick 20 points in one other tree

I am the super thief

Shortbow?

in Thief

Posted by: DangerMonkey.3158

DangerMonkey.3158

I use shortbow thief in sPvP, I went 30 in precision and crit chance, 20 in power and crit damage and 20 in vit and healing (not sure if its healing or not).

I went for more of a survivabilty build so i could take points and get out alive. I went for crit % and damage over condition for the SB #2 skill, which does 8k with crits, in an aoe.

Fear me! For I am the dangerous primate!
Rank 1X SneekyTheef (T), Wizzizard (M), Gerdierhn (G)
Builds:http://www.gw2builds.org/user/dangermonkey

Shortbow?

in Thief

Posted by: mptyspace.8135

mptyspace.8135

It’s vit and boon duration.

That particular traitline should be gotten to at least 20, and maybe even higher, because if you’re using your shortbow, you’re probably dodging a lot to get away from attacks, so 10% extra damage when endurance not full is great.

Two builds possible I guess, one mainly focussed on the damage of abilities 1 & 2, speccing for the highest possible base damage.

The second focusses on the bleeding of abilities #2 and #4. Keep in mind poison doesn’t stack, so venoms are a bit useless if you use #4.

For the first I would go with the above mentioned power,crit, vit build. For the last I would go with crit, vit, condition damage, and put a bleeding on crit gem in your bow.