Should i roll thief?

Should i roll thief?

in Thief

Posted by: minipope.9028

minipope.9028

Looking for a class to roll.
I want a class that can truely do it all
Be strong in wvw/ pve/raid/ structure pvp.
I want to play a class that is strong and fun.

I was thinking either thief because of the multiple types of builds i can go

or i was thinking of going necro.
Any advice. i plan on playing this toon long term. Thanks!

Should i roll thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Alatar.7364

Alatar.7364

I main Thief, but truth is that Druid, Ele and/ or Guardian can do this all while being more useful if played properly. Also Thief would require you to be much more experienced to do it all, than of you did it with the others. So go Thief only if you are not a new player and are already familiar with mechanics of basically all other classes.

PS: Now is really not the time to go Necro

~I Aear cân ven na mar

Should i roll thief?

in Thief

Posted by: minipope.9028

minipope.9028

thanks for the advice

Should i roll thief?

in Thief

Posted by: TwiceDead.1963

TwiceDead.1963

I main Thief, but truth is that Druid, Ele and/ or Guardian can do this all while being more useful if played properly. Also Thief would require you to be much more experienced to do it all, than of you did it with the others. So go Thief only if you are not a new player and are already familiar with mechanics of basically all other classes.

Or he could start out with Thief and learn the hard way. The experience gained as a thief will serve you well in later life and future prospects you pursue! We offer a safe, comfortable work-space with late-night bonuses and waffles on Sundays!

Smallprint:
Waffles are only available if there’s someone in the office on a Sunday. Wafflemixcostsarenotcoveredbythecompany

Should i roll thief?

in Thief

Alatar.7364

Or he could start out with Thief and learn the hard way. The experience gained as a thief will serve you well in later life and future prospects you pursue! We offer a safe, comfortable work-space with late-night bonuses and waffles on Sundays!

Smallprint:
Waffles are only available if there’s someone in the office on a Sunday. Wafflemixcostsarenotcoveredbythecompany

If Waffles are available then there is no valid argument against it.
So I present this as a quiestion rather than oposing.
Why go ‘Hard-way’ if he/ she can go ‘Easy-way’ with more benefits and fun, which will ultimately result in even long-term fun.
For example as a Thief you have to know how Druid/ Ele works, but as Druid/ Ele you don’t really have to know how Thief works. Just learn to dodge the Steal, which he/she will learn within minutes, rather then learning the other way around within months.

It is actually my favourite paradox. It is hard to learn how to play Thief, but easy to predict and play against one just by meeting few. I am pretty sure that this is what makes all the educated people think that Thief is easy to play, thus being “OP” when played well.

~I Aear cân ven na mar

(edited by Alatar.7364)

Should i roll thief?

in Thief

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Or as a druid who play thief I can say that thief is far more rewarding once you master it by being more reactive and knowing your opponent. The simple thing such as staff AA and #5 is insane in PvE / vs champ mobs and results in quicker kills than what my Power ranger can achieve.

Thief is squishy by design and can put more people off, so if you like a challange then go for it OP. Mobility and evade is king.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Should i roll thief?

in Thief

Alatar.7364

Or as a druid who play thief I can say that thief is far more rewarding once you master it by being more reactive and knowing your opponent. The simple thing such as staff AA and #5 is insane in PvE / vs champ mobs and results in quicker kills than what my Power ranger can achieve.

Thief is squishy by design and can put more people off, so if you like a challange then go for it OP. Mobility and evade is king.

While that is true, I also had in mind the Raids, mentioned by OP. Condi Thief has a very huge dps and is quite required in raid groups, but people will at all times look for Druid more than for the Thief. So I thought he/ she would get a better shot at ‘doing it all’.

But yeah, as mentioned before, OP can go the Hard-way, it is definitely lots of fun, only in my opinion I would do that purely with Staff Daredevil.

~I Aear cân ven na mar