Should targeting drop when in stealth?

in Thief

Posted by: Xtinct.7031

Xtinct.7031

I was having this discussion with a few other thief players earlier this week. Our consensus was the status quo may be unintended by the developers.

The question was should abilities like Ranger’s rapid fire and Mesmer phantasms/adds persist to target and damage after a thief enters stealth?

in Thief

Posted by: BFMV.3198

BFMV.3198

Yes it should. How the kitten is anyone supposed to “target” something they can’t see. Never made sense. IF you go invisible, you should loose traget. Make it so the skill still channels but it doesn’t follow target it just fires and has a chance to hit the stealthed thief, like it should be

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

I am divided on this one. Yes I hate it when I get hit by channeled skills when I stealth but it’s amusing to use Unload and just watch it follow the thief/mesmer :P

With the current way how stealth works and it’s relative spammability, it would be very easy for a thief to get away from so many skills just by stealthing. So unless stealth mechanic changes, I think it’s okay for channeled skills to hit stealthed players.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in Thief

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

To be honest, I think it should. As much as I hate when it happens, it gives people one less thing to complain about saying we are overpowered.

in Thief

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

To be honest, I think it should. As much as I hate when it happens, it gives people one less thing to complain about saying we are overpowered.

shouldn’t
Fixed that for you

Säïnt

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

It’s fine the way it is.

I’ve been killed by killshots channelled on me while in stealth, likewise I’ve reflected them while in stealth. The counterplay to these skills remain the same.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

in Thief

Posted by: Xtinct.7031

Xtinct.7031

are you referring to casting dagger storm while in stealth? how does this help with phantasm melee?

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

The question was should abilities like Ranger’s rapid fire and Mesmer phantasms/adds persist to target and damage after a thief enters stealth?

Channeled skills, yes, there’s a handful that last long and their caster is can not take other actions while channeling. AI, no, AI should not be able to keep targeting skills and actions on cloaked and stealthed pc’s and npc’s. After all their owner is not occupied with channeling them as the ranger would be with Rapid Fire.

in Thief

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

Conceptually I think that stealth should drop target, but with the abysmal targeting in this game, it ends up being a much larger boon than it should be. Given the circumstances, I think that someone who doesn’t acquire a new target should reacquire a target on someone who stealthed when they reappear.

I think it would go a long way to stopping the QQ about thieves (and mesmers too) and even the playing field. Before the /thiefhate starts, yes, I pretty much only play thief. I don’t think it would affect me much, but it would give a bit more control to my opponents.

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

If stealth completely dropped target even for channeled skills, I think to compensate, when the thief reappears, they should automatically be targeted to avoid having to re target them

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]