Sigil of Accuracy Bug?

Sigil of Accuracy Bug?

in Thief

Posted by: Freelancer.4802

Freelancer.4802

Hey, Im trying out sigil of accuracy with my offhand dagger to improve my chances for a good backstab, but the 5% crit chance is not reflected at all in the stats panel. Due to the fact that 5% is kind of hard to judge based on what I see ingame, I really cant tell if its working at all.

Has anyone done the math on that sigil? Does it work?

Sigil of Accuracy Bug?

in Thief

Posted by: Chakuna.6325

Chakuna.6325

use the 100% crit trait, problem solved

I’m trying to go back, but I’m still here.

Sigil of Accuracy Bug?

in Thief

Posted by: auhfel.4129

auhfel.4129

Chakuna, that trait is aweful. By that point most builds already have 50% crit chance.

Freelancer, I don’t know. It wouldn’t be that hard to judge ingame if you equipped two of them and had 0 precision traits/gear on at all, as you’d only have a 4% or so to crit… 5% and 10% from two would be a very significant gain in crit chance.

Sigil of Accuracy Bug?

in Thief

Posted by: hevywayt.9261

hevywayt.9261

There have been posts about this on the bug forum and elsewhere asking about this sigil. People have done some testing and it seems to not be working at all, giving no increase in crit chance. Nothing has been said officially about it though.

Sigil of Accuracy Bug?

in Thief

Posted by: auhfel.4129

auhfel.4129

i just did a smallish amount of testing on this. with no sigils, 4% chance to crit over 200 strikes with a sword, i got 5% crits. this is not terribly far from the 4% im supposed to get, so im gonna assume that the statistic provided by the game was correct.

i then went to two weapons that both had 5% crit runes in them for an expected +10% chance to crit, with the 4% base for a total of 14% to crit. over 200 strikes, i got 10.5% crits. now, im not sure if I’d say that BOTH of the accuracy sigils made a difference here, as I’d expect that it’d be closer to 14% to crit if both did.. but there is at least a large improvement (of at least 5%) compared to the no sigil test.

TLDR: Over a small sample size of 200 hits, a no-sigil sword that was supposed to have 4% to crit got 5% crits. Over another small sample size of 200 hits, dual-wielded weapons which both had +5% chance to crit sigils in them supposedly having 14% to crit got 10.5% crits.

i would say that at least having one of them works. there’s obvious room for a large margin of error over a sample size of 200, but whatever.

Sigil of Accuracy Bug?

in Thief

Posted by: lackofcheese.5617

lackofcheese.5617

Considering that you only get the benefits for a single Sigil of Force when using two, it would be rather unsurprising if the same thing happened for the Sigil of Accuracy, given the similarities.

Sigil of Accuracy Bug?

in Thief

Posted by: Quasi Mota.7390

Quasi Mota.7390

The sigils do not stack. Only use one Sigil of Accuracy and make the second one a Sigil of precision if you want even more crit chance.

Sigil of Accuracy Bug?

in Thief

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

i read somewhere that sigils don’t stack. so 2 sigils of accuracy = +5%.
it is annoying that the critical chance is not updated in the hero panel.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

Sigil of Accuracy Bug?

in Thief

Posted by: Chakuna.6325

Chakuna.6325

Chakuna, that trait is aweful. By that point most builds already have 50% crit chance.

Freelancer, I don’t know. It wouldn’t be that hard to judge ingame if you equipped two of them and had 0 precision traits/gear on at all, as you’d only have a 4% or so to crit… 5% and 10% from two would be a very significant gain in crit chance.

Hardly an awful trait imo. Especially if you’re stacking +crit damage and using assassins signet, if you don’t crit you’re missing out on loads of potential damage.

I’m trying to go back, but I’m still here.

Sigil of Accuracy Bug?

in Thief

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

Hardly an awful trait imo. Especially if you’re stacking +crit damage and using assassins signet, if you don’t crit you’re missing out on loads of potential damage.

The problem isn’t so much that 100 % crit after stealth isn’t good as much as +20 % damage at <50 % HP (the alternative high-point trait) is so much better. The benefit of an autocrit is directly diminished by what your crit rate already is, while +20 % damage is never diminished regardless of your stat setup.