Sigil of Agony

Sigil of Agony

in Thief

Posted by: Bazeleel.8219

Bazeleel.8219

Sigil of Agony makes me wonder why people use this for their condition build.

Should we want our bleeds to tick faster to do as much damage as possible? Wouldn’t it be better to have the +5% to damage or crt then have a bleed that takes longer to damage your target?

Maybe I am missing something.

Sigil of Agony

in Thief

Posted by: obtuse.8291

obtuse.8291

it doesn’t take longer. the effect lasts longer. if you look at mechanics of conditions it will make a little more sense.

Some conditons have duration extension while other have intensity stacks. you’d want anything that would make your duration stacked ones more powerful, and also add more time to those that normally only stack up intensity.

I am the super thief

Sigil of Agony

in Thief

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

+1% Damage does not effect condition damage.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Sigil of Agony

in Thief

Posted by: Singularity.1486

Singularity.1486

As i have mention on other thread b4,
Dmg =/= Condition Dmg

Sigil of Agony

in Thief

Posted by: Shooopa.5632

Shooopa.5632

You’re mistaking damage for condition damage. Actual attacks like hitting your enemy with your knife does damage.

Bleeding is a condition. So more condition damage means the bleeding causes more damage per second – not how much it totals, but how much HP is knocked off at a time.

User will be infracted for this post.

Sigil of Agony

in Thief

Posted by: Vexus.5423

Vexus.5423

Bleeding is calculated on a per-tick level, not over the whole duration of the bleed. If you apply a bleed that does 1200 damage over 10 seconds, and you use this Sigil of Agony, your bleed now adds one tick, doing 1320 damage over 11 seconds. It’s a 10% increase in damage in this case, but a zero increase in DPS.

The thing to consider is each tick, or second, of bleeding is the same damage. You want it to last longer because eventually it turns into massive DPS when you have 18 stacks of bleeds on someone each doing 120 damage, you’re doing 2160 DPS, and you want that DPS to last longer.

Sigil of Agony

in Thief

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

Yea I use two of these in my build. I only have 10 points in power/condition% line for mug but it adds 10% condition duration.

2x of those sigils puts me at 30%. This adds 1 tick to my vital (25% breakpoint). When I have enough money I’m going to do this(someone mentioned using different runes for the 15% bonus in another thread):

10 in % condition trait (10%) line, 2x sup sigil of agony(20%), 2x runes of centar (15%), 2x runes of krait (15%) and 3x runes of afflicted (15%). For a grand total of 75% duration hitting the 3rd breakpoint for a 4 second bleed.

A 4 second bleed on vital shot is now 7 seconds. Each single shot adds 3 extra bleed ticks which makes it pretty savage when you use the stealth mini unload and stack them up and keep them rolling.

edit: I’m not sure it’s possible to hit the 4th vital breakpoint without food. Even with 30 in deadly arts it puts you at 95%.

(edited by Stiv.1820)

Sigil of Agony

in Thief

Posted by: Bazeleel.8219

Bazeleel.8219

Bleeding is calculated on a per-tick level, not over the whole duration of the bleed. If you apply a bleed that does 1200 damage over 10 seconds, and you use this Sigil of Agony, your bleed now adds one tick, doing 1320 damage over 11 seconds. It’s a 10% increase in damage in this case, but a zero increase in DPS.

The thing to consider is each tick, or second, of bleeding is the same damage. You want it to last longer because eventually it turns into massive DPS when you have 18 stacks of bleeds on someone each doing 120 damage, you’re doing 2160 DPS, and you want that DPS to last longer.

Thank you very much for such a great answer! This helps me a lot!