Sigil of Fire and Stealth

in Thief

Posted by: Swagart.6315

Swagart.6315

Does the damage from sigil of fire (or any other sigil that inflicts damage) break stealth?

in Thief

Posted by: Gungnir Grimm.7123

Gungnir Grimm.7123

since you have to crit to proc it, you would have to hit an enemy with an attack, so it would knock the user out of stealth. a good rule of thumb is only damage you deal directly will break stealth on you. things like siege equipment and any indirect damage, such as caltrops, you may have wont put you out of stealth.

Gungnir Grimm – 80 Thief
Gungnir Aurus – 80 Guardian
[AUX] Isle of Janthir

in Thief

Swagart.6315

Thank you. I was curious because I recently acquired a superior sigil of fire, but I wasn’t sure if using CnD, going into stealth, then having the sigil activate would break me out of stealth.

in Thief

Posted by: Gungnir Grimm.7123

Gungnir Grimm.7123

the sigil wont activate when you go into stealth, it will proc off the CnD crit almost at the same time the hit’s damage is applied, but before the stealth happens. just realized that my explanation may have been misleading, as I was thinking about it being proced after gaining stealth, which would require a direct attack from stealth, not from an attack that triggers stealth. my bad running on a couple hours sleep at the moment

Gungnir Grimm – 80 Thief
Gungnir Aurus – 80 Guardian
[AUX] Isle of Janthir

in Thief

Swagart.6315

No problem. I probably should have phrased the question better. Thank you so much!

in Thief

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

There is an exception to that direct dmg rule hovewer, the “Throw gunk” stealed skill ticks also reveal you, although its not direct dmg, so be careful with that…

#ELEtism 4ever