Sigil of Incapacitation
2s of cripple
5s cd
60% on crits with any wep

Ankle Shots
3s cripple
10cd
60% on crits with pistols

gg Anet, the way to go to make less used traits even more useless.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Sigil of Incapacitation vs Ankle Shots

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

that’s quite hilarious.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

in Thief

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

Indeed it is quite hilarious. Good job anet, you make our lackluster traits even more lackluster. I believe a rework is needed.

in Thief

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Out of curiousity… do they stack? :x

in Thief

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Out of curiousity… do they stack? :x

They should since they’re separate effects, although they likely need to proc separately.

I guess you could make some kind of high uptime cripple build with the both of them, but ankle shots is still a fairly bad choice since there’s other more useful traits to use in that slot. I suppose it’s something that could be tried out though.

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

I GUESS theoretically, one could create a power build with a high crit rate that focused on high condition duration and build it around cripple and other CCs.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fZAQRAqa8Yl0MprplOxqJ0PNBMhsZoPaHpQguyC-TliCAB8pfoKlHPq+DDPAADOCAAcCAq4gA8lSsw3fgRlgkCAilVA-w

along these lines using the new runes of evasion. Doubt it will be very effective but perma cripple helps address the missing mobilty in p/p set.

I keep LOOKING at the evasion set but it so meh….maybe if it added endurance on dodge for the 6th..the cooldowns just so long .

(edited by babazhook.6805)

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

The effects stack and can proc at the same time.

When I tried it with +40% condi duration food and my usual build (6 in DA), I could keep near perma cripple on the dolyak. Didn’t get time to test it in wvw.

I think the sigil is really nice for P/P. Few months back when I was fooling around in WvW with this wep set, I tried Ankle Shots and the cripple can be really helpful cos most people don’t waste their condi cleanse on it, except some builds cleanse it passively, not much to do against those. But 3s of cripple on 10cd is not enough.

They could either lower the cd on Ankle Shots or add chill proc to it as well.

Would be awesome with the new Dry Top food that gives +40% condi duration and lifesteals on crit.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr