Signet of Malice utility and conditions.

in Thief

Posted by: Silver.4798

Silver.4798

This has been bothering me for a bit…

I looked at some older youtube vids where people were running condition builds, and in these videos each bleed that was racked up from caltrops counted for signet of malice and triggered a heal. Same with death blossom, the 3 hits + the subsequent damage from bleeds.

Maybe I’m not seeing this correctly or am mistaken but when I play thief I only get 3 heals on the 3 hits of DB but not from any of the bleed damage that follows, i never get any heals from any of the damage from caltrops.

Was the game patched to not trigger healing upon use of bleeds and SoM?

In unrelated news, I’ve been spoiled with the guardians and warriors with their ability to remove conditions and crowd control on a whim (shake it off, balanced stance, hold your ground, passive traits, etc). Does the thief have an equivalent skill? I know shadow step will get you out of stuns but what about all the cripples, knock downs, burns/poisons/bleeds and all the other nasty conditions that wreck my world?

in Thief

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

Caltrops applies bleeds each second to enemies within the aoe.
each time a bleed is applied it triggers a heal.

with DB you get healed for each hit you do not the condition dmg ticks.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in Thief

Silver.4798

Ooo so every second the enemy takes a bleed damage I get heal? Or for every stack of bleed I get heal?

in Thief

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

if I remember correctly each time caltrops applies a bleed it counts as an attack I think.
after caltop goes away you wont get any more heals from it.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in Thief

Posted by: Darxio.5672

Darxio.5672

Everytime caltrops applies bleed, it will heal you.

AKA, while they stand inside the caltrops, it will trigger signet of malice. Once they leave it, it will no longer trigger it(unless they walk back into it, of course).

As far as conditions go, thieves can trait to remove a condition every 3 seconds they are in stealth. It ALSO removes a condition the moment they enter stealth. Trait is in shadow arts.

As far as general poison, bleed and burn removal, Hide in Shadows would be the heal to run. It removes those on use, and stealths you too(which would remove more conditions if traited for it).

Brigade of the Black Twilight [BBT]
Darxio – Thief Commander

in Thief

Silver.4798

So THAT’S why my caltrops heals were so inconsistant… thanks for the explanation Darxio! Do you know how SoM heals will trigger on the 4 skill of shortbow, that AoE poison? I was told that if you hit a mob with that it results in massive health trigger. And I did not know that the trait where you heal every 3 secs in stealth also stealths you the second you go into stealth, I will definitely pick up that utility now.

I also learned that shadow step seems to be the panacea of practically all condition damage to thieves, it breaks stun and knockdown, not so sure about daze but probably takes care of that too, when you teleport somewhere. When you teleport back it cures 3 conditions.

Wow if I knew all this earlier I’d have saved myself so much pain and frustration, thanks again!

in Thief

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

I did some testing and #4 SB will proc the heal every time it applies a condition, so will the throw gunk stolen skill.

i also did some testing with some other utilities, and tripwire and needle trap will proc SoM as well when triggered.

The other two traps will not proc, neither will #5 off-hand pistol. Also might be known already, but i say it here anyways, the attack from the thieves you get from ambush trap and thieves guild will not proc.

in Thief

Posted by: Darxio.5672

Darxio.5672

FYI, you can use Shortbow 4 while stealthed without breaking stealth. So you can spam that at enemies to heal up while stealthed if needed, while still staying on the offensive.

Caltrops will also not reveal you.

Brigade of the Black Twilight [BBT]
Darxio – Thief Commander