Signet of Shadows/Air

Signet of Shadows/Air

in Thief

Posted by: Black Cat.1024

Black Cat.1024

How is it that Elementalists have the exact same signet as us, but theirs breaks stun?

Signet of Shadows/Air

in Thief

Posted by: Tempest Darqmane.4862

Tempest Darqmane.4862

If I recall correctly, SoS used to immobilize. :/

Signet of Shadows/Air

in Thief

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

For the record, Signet of Air also DEALS damage.

On the other hand, we do have a better Stunbreak Signet with Infiltrator Signet. Try it sometimes

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

Signet of Shadows/Air

in Thief

Posted by: bryandres.6390

bryandres.6390

This is a balance stuff, since you got 1 stun breaker of each kind of utlity, traps,deception,signet,tricks. We already have an stun breaker on signets Aka Infiltrator.
Eles got his stun breaker signet recently, but shadow’s signet should has an extra effect like blind invul,it would worth it to use it.

Itächî Spvp R5x.

Signet of Shadows/Air

in Thief

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

signet of shadows already does AoE blind and 25% movement speed. it’s pretty much on every thief’s bar

All is vain.

Signet of Shadows/Air

in Thief

bryandres.6390

That Aoe blind its just useful on certain scenarios, i use it for stomping. a 30 secs cd for 1 blind doesnt worth it at all.

Itächî Spvp R5x.

Signet of Shadows/Air

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

well considering it’s a signet, somehow you can use it even when CC’d. you can’t use any of your regular blinds in that case like black powder or shadow shot. so you can be knocked down and prevent the next hit. only shame is it only blinds once xD but still can be rather powerful.

the problem is the passive is too good to let go :P

All is vain.

(edited by Excalibur.9748)

Signet of Shadows/Air

in Thief

bryandres.6390

I particularly like the 25% speed, since i dont use bow, its imperative that mobility boost.
But i still say it, it need something else lol

Itächî Spvp R5x.

Signet of Shadows/Air

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

I particularly like the 25% speed, since i dont use bow, its imperative that mobility boost.
But i still say it, it need something else lol

like what? personally, SoS has never left my bar :P

All is vain.

Signet of Shadows/Air

in Thief

bryandres.6390

Blind Invul ftw! it would give it a longer cd tho.

Itächî Spvp R5x.

Signet of Shadows/Air

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

what do you mean by blind invulnerability? would that be passive or active effect?

All is vain.

Signet of Shadows/Air

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Kaboomski.1508

Sir Kaboomski.1508

SoS is only on my bar when running with my squad… I use infiltrators signet in combat. I run small group havoc and the gap closer IMO works better than running 25% faster because in combat it makes little difference. Infiltrators signet + HS + shadowshot basilisk venom pew pew die die. Plus I like it for setting up basilisk backstabs on people too far to steal off of. If I need to run I’m traited 50% run speed in stealth anyways.

Signet of Shadows/Air

in Thief

Posted by: Clockwork Bard.3105

Clockwork Bard.3105

I find the 25% speed boost to be useful almost exclusively out of combat. Most thief builds already have such potent gap control that the ability to run a little faster rarely seems to come up in the heat of battle. So, there’s little reason not to click it if an opportunity comes up.

I wish the active effect were more useful, but at the end of the day it’s what I think a signet should be: a passive benefit I like with an active benefit that I’m not afraid to click out of fear of losing that passive. On the flip side, you have Assassin’s Signet, which requires inordinate amounts of theorycrafting and foresight to guess if clicking it is at all worth it. In the majority of cases, not clicking it is the more beneficial route.

While having a different passive function, the Mesmer’s Signet of Midnight also provides an AoE blind and stun break. Though many Mesmers would probably trade with us with zero regrets. No speed boosts for them. Mesmers don’t run; they strut.

Signet of Shadows/Air

in Thief

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

If you are using Signet of Shadows constantly in combat, then you should probably rethink your build.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

Signet of Shadows/Air

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

25% speed boost + constant cripple on the enemy is no joke. Combat mobility is very important imo (especially if you melee). In most cases yes the 25% speed boost is much better than the active blind effect, though I guess also depends on your build and whether you can reliably apply cripple on your opponent.

All is vain.

Signet of Shadows/Air

in Thief

bryandres.6390

what do you mean by blind invulnerability? would that be passive or active effect?

Active ofc 5 secs of blind invul,like engis skill .
Well i use SoS Since launch i’ll never drop it. i like the stomp utility.

Itächî Spvp R5x.

Signet of Shadows/Air

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

Can you link me that engie skill?

Yea I like to use it for stomping sometimes, but if the opponent were smart they’d clear the blind off by AAing you first, then use their anti-stomp skill.

All is vain.

Signet of Shadows/Air

in Thief

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

Yea I like to use it for stomping sometimes, but if the opponent were smart they’d clear the blind off by AAing you first, then use their anti-stomp skill.

That’s why you use it just before you complete your stomp and they use their counter, works flawlessly every time.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

Signet of Shadows/Air

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

That’s why you use it just before you complete your stomp and they use their counter, works flawlessly every time.

That’s how I use it but then sometimes they use their counter before I use the signet.

All is vain.

Signet of Shadows/Air

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Simple answer = Anet hates Thieves.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Signet of Shadows/Air

in Thief

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

Haven’t played with sos anymore for ages. Not worth switching out an utility for it imo.

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

Signet of Shadows/Air

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Kaboomski.1508

Sir Kaboomski.1508

Since I run D/P I just drop a Black Powder field on opponents. Most of the time stealth stomp isn’t even necessary.