Simple solution to all the "permastealth" QQ

in Thief

Posted by: Zero.5034

Zero.5034

So after reading the forums on what people think of the thief the biggest complaint I can find is the D/P “permastealth” thieves. Before I get to the most simple solution in the world, first I feel like people don’t realize why stealth is so important to a thief. A thief is a gorilla tactics type of class. Thieves aren’t ment to go toe to toe with warriors, or try to out tank conditions against necros. They are ment to hit hard and fast and then disappear into the shadows briefly before their next strike. To do this type of gameplay the thief has sacrificed many buffs that help other classes maintain a fight. Where other classes have either high regen, or high condition removal, or a bunch of boons. Thieves have none of that. Thieves have no reliable on demand condition removal or health regen outside of stealth, and whether in or out of stealth thieves have no protection, retaliation, regen, aegis, block, invulnerability, or stability(with exception of their elite daggerstorm which removes all other abilities a thief has during use). Stealth is the thieves survivability. Yes it is hard to counter, because that is the thieves class survivability. However I do agree with a lot of the posts I’ve read about “permastealthing”, to this I have a very simple solution that should please everyone. Just like there is a stealth debuff when coming out of stealth, how about putting in a stealth debuff when entering stealth. So when entering stealth you get a 2-3second debuff making you immune to stealth abilities. This would prevent thieves from stacking a bunch of stealth abilities to permastealth. For example a D/P thief would be able to HS through a black powder to gain stealth, but not multiple times to stack stealth.

Warden Streicher [AoS]

in Thief

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

A thief is a gorilla tactics type of class.

Attachments:

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

in Thief

Zero.5034

^ This man understands.

Warden Streicher [AoS]

in Thief

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

and his “stick” is big and hard, watch your back !
it’s bad if he catches you with your pants down

(edited by DanH.5879)

in Thief

Posted by: Sneek.6504

Sneek.6504

Nerf bananas! And message body lengths that must at least be 15!

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

You make me proud.

in Thief

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

The simple solution is to reduce the field duration of bp by 1s, and have the trait that returns 2 ini on stealth, return 1 instead.

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

The simple solution is to make food that increases player’s skill level.

in Thief

DanH.5879

The simple solution is to make food that increases player’s skill level.

ahahahaha, impossible, but we can have this:
your critical hits apply revealed for 1 second to the enemy =D

in Thief

Posted by: Imagi.4561

Imagi.4561

If I understand this correctly, then wouldn’t Shadow Refuge have to be completely removed or reworked? It applies stealth through “pulses” that stack in duration.

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!

in Thief

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

The simple solution is to reduce the field duration of bp by 1s, and have the trait that returns 2 ini on stealth, return 1 instead.

Bad. That would nerf d/d, s/d, p/d as well.

Simple solution: The SA trait V that returns 2 initiative when using an ability that stealths you could do just that, only return initiative when you go into stealth on the first HS. The reason d/p thieves can perma stealth is because they gain 2 ini per HS, which shouldn’t really happen.

That may not be so easy to program, but I have always believes in doing things right. So A-Net probably wont fix it this way. I am sure they would rather just nerf thieves as a whole again.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

in Thief

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Hmm dp thief isn’t close to being one of the strongest dueling sets but Perma stealth makes it one of the most annoying. Maybe put a 5sec cool down on the trait that returns 2 initiative upon using a stealth skill this would make the bp hs combo and cnd chaining bit more difficult to spam and would not affect thiefs that stealthed once and attacked what do you guys think?

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in Thief

Posted by: Fade.7658

Fade.7658

Just make Infusion of Shadow not work if you’re already in stealth. The first heartseeker would work fine, but any after entering stealth you would pay the full initiative cost without affecting other specs.

in Thief

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

dp thiefs are so annoying, not funny to fight against, I don’t bother with them anymore.

Hopefully anet will fix stealth in time, untill then we need to be patient with those little kids, and be supportive, most of them will probably quit cause of lack of skill after playing 1+ year with a broken mechanic.

I always laugh when a read " stealth is a main mechanic, without stealth thief is nothing" and bla bla bla, poor noobs

in Thief

Posted by: Reif.9234

Reif.9234

dp thiefs are so annoying, not funny to fight against, I don’t bother with them anymore.

Hopefully anet will fix stealth in time, untill then we need to be patient with those little kids, and be supportive, most of them will probably quit cause of lack of skill after playing 1+ year with a broken mechanic.

I always laugh when a read " stealth is a main mechanic, without stealth thief is nothing" and bla bla bla, poor noobs

I guess you haven’t ever fought a good S/d thief. Because they are way way more annoying. You can still hit/damage/kill thiefs in stealth.

in Thief

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

I guess you haven’t ever fought a good S/d thief. Because they are way way more annoying. You can still hit/damage/kill thiefs in stealth.

Only if you dont have any ranged option at you disposal juking/evade spam all over the place doesn’t drop target so you can still hit the sd thief more than you can hit a dp thief(assuming you have ranged attacks available) and the burst and survivability is less on sd thief. Many specs on thief played well can be annoying but dp perma stealth is by far the worst.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

(edited by vincecontix.1264)

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

Silly OP you mean ‘guerilla’ but I do agree that we have to rely on stealth too much. It’s one thing if it gives us access to our most hard hitting attacks with the exception of the sword, that honor goes to LS, but, ok let’s put it this way: Beginner thief’s Cloak and Dagger: 3 stacks of vulnerability, stealth for 3 seconds
My cloak and dagger: 3 stacks of vulnerability, stealth for 4 seconds, regenerate health for 4 seconds, next attack is a critical hit, cure one condition on hit and another after 3 seconds, restore 2 initiative

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Thief

DanH.5879

My cloak and dagger: 3 stacks of vulnerability, stealth for 4 seconds, regenerate health for 4 seconds, next attack is a critical hit, cure one condition on hit and another after 3 seconds, restore 2 initiative

just 1 word: OP

in Thief

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

There is literally nothing wrong with D/P pseudo-permastealth. I am yet to hear an argument against it that didn’t come from an inexperienced player or involve “they’re annoying for me to fight so I don’t like them, please nerf them”.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

in Thief

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

Simple solution is revealed debuff after every stealth. They had it in beta but removed it from live. It will be a huge nerf if they did that, but I don’t think it’s bad enough to destroy the class.

in Thief

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

lol. that was funny!

OP’d thief, lol

in Thief

Posted by: Imagi.4561

Imagi.4561

I hope Sanduskel reads this, since he “never” sees complaints about evasion Thieves on the forums.

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!

in Thief

Zero.5034

guerilla* haha sorry guys, I misspelled that word xD Thank you for the positive feedback on my grammar haha so what do you guys honestly think though? I mean with exception of shadow refuge wouldn’t a 3sec or so immunity to stealth after using a stealth skill fix all the problems people are complaining about with the thief class? I haven’t really seen any other major complaints about the class besides the permastealth.

Warden Streicher [AoS]

in Thief

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

No.

The only change that needs to happen is a fix to SA trait V, Infusion of Shadow. It currently refunds 2 initiative for every heartseeker used through black powder. it should only return 2 ini for the heartseeker that puts you into stealth.

This would solve perma stealth and also not hurt any of the other weapon sets who rely on the trait and stealth in general.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief