Skill tracking even after stealth

in Thief

Posted by: Julius.5931

Julius.5931

Why does ranger rapid fire still track cloaked thief, lets say when you cloak during mid flight of the first arrow? So unrealistic. It even gives away positioning.

in Thief

Posted by: DemonSeed.3528

DemonSeed.3528

Seeing as it hasn’t been changed all this while I don’t think it’s high on their priority list or maybe even not considered. I just end up using bandit’s defense cos it was annoying.

in Thief

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

Why does ranger rapid fire still track cloaked thief, lets say when you cloak during mid flight of the first arrow? So unrealistic. It even gives away positioning.

Because being stealthy equating to total invisibility is massively realistic…

Beyond that stealth has very little real counters in this game this is one of the few things that marginally reduces the ez-mode that stealth is in GW2, other games have way more in terms of counterplay, because invisibility is a massively one sided mechanic.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in Thief

Posted by: martin.1653

martin.1653

Because being stealthy equating to total invisibility is massively realistic…

Beyond that stealth has very little real counters in this game this is one of the few things that marginally reduces the ez-mode that stealth is in GW2, other games have way more in terms of counterplay, because invisibility is a massively one sided mechanic.

Being stealthy equating to total invisibility is perfectly realistic in this given universe. Tracing is a broken mechanic, so it’s not realistic. Simple.
Stealth has a lot of counters and requires investment, it doesn’t come free. Also, remember that when you’re stealthed you can’t do much in terms of offense (positioning only).
Thieves have stealth, other classes have stabilities and sustain.

in Thief

Posted by: Julius.5931

Julius.5931

I can understand 1 instance skills tracking like maybe dh true shot. But rapid fire? Possibly due to rapid fire being channeled rather that treated as a quickness boon for attacks. Just seems weird.

in Thief

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

Being stealthy equating to total invisibility is perfectly realistic in this given universe.

Tracing is a broken mechanic, so it’s not realistic. Simple.

Nonsense, I mean if you want to come up with some BS reason for things in a game universe like theives use “magic” powers to become completely invisible, the you can equally apply that nonsense to ranger being able to track with rapid fire.

Stealth has a lot of counters and requires investment, it doesn’t come free. Also, remember that when you’re stealthed you can’t do much in terms of offense (positioning only).

Not really, GW2 has the most ezmode, low skilled stealth system out there, in most MMOs in combat stealth is on a long cooldown and even needs to be traited for at times, other games actually require you to engage your brain when it comes to positioning because if you are stealth and walk right in front of an opponent you break stealth, even in games with lots of in combat stealth like ESO for example there are a way more counters, if I play nightblade in ESO (the “stealth” class") then damage knocks me out of stealth, every class has access to reveal skills through potions and a skill in a skill tree available to everyone, that not only reveals, but gives 50% damage reduction from stealth attacks for simply having it slotted.

Four classes have “stealth” (five if you want to include trapper runes on guard), it is a braindead mechanic on all of them in this game, that only really has any sort of an even token level balance in one thing – conquest PvP, outside of that “stealth” is completely broken in this game.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in Thief

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

This may shock you but no one here cares about other games and how they do it.

This game allows invisibility. This game also allows tracking for channeled abilities regardless of stealth. This might be in part because given the need for a target, certain non-AoE abilities would be unfairly disadvantaged against stealth users.

Yes, it is inconsistent. Properly, not tracking makes more sense. However, it would be difficult to balance. So unless you have a suggestion to that front there is nothing more to be said: unless you two want to continue bickering over “what other games do and don’t do.”

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

in Thief

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

Being stealthy equating to total invisibility is perfectly realistic in this given universe.

Tracing is a broken mechanic, so it’s not realistic. Simple.

Nonsense, I mean if you want to come up with some BS reason for things in a game universe like theives use “magic” powers to become completely invisible, the you can equally apply that nonsense to ranger being able to track with rapid fire.

Not really, GW2 has the most ezmode, low skilled stealth system out there, in most MMOs in combat stealth is on a long cooldown and even needs to be traited for at times, other games actually require you to engage your brain when it comes to positioning because if you are stealth and walk right in front of an opponent you break stealth, even in games with lots of in combat stealth like ESO for example there are a way more counters, if I play nightblade in ESO (the “stealth” class") then damage knocks me out of stealth, every class has access to reveal skills through potions and a skill in a skill tree available to everyone, that not only reveals, but gives 50% damage reduction from stealth attacks for simply having it slotted.

Four classes have “stealth” (five if you want to include trapper runes on guard), it is a braindead mechanic on all of them in this game, that only really has any sort of an even token level balance in one thing – conquest PvP, outside of that “stealth” is completely broken in this game.

“EZ mode” Lol ok. Its obvious that you’ve been outmatched by various players, and are coming here to attack a mechanic that you don’t quite understand. Try playing these classes that have access to stealth against competent players for a while, then you’ll learn how it works, the cost that comes with it, and how to manage fighting against it.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in Thief

Posted by: Amante.8109

Amante.8109

Oh look, another low skill player wandering in to whine about an “uncounterable” mechanic he doesn’t understand. Is it Tuesday already?

In case you’re really that dumb, stealth actually has a substantial amount of counters and seemingly more added all the time, including a forthcoming sigil. I’d hate to see you deal with stealth in other games where it’s actually powerful.

in Thief

Posted by: martin.1653

martin.1653

Oh sorry zinks, didn’t catch at first that you never played thief.

in Thief

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

Because its kittening funny watching my ranger toon shift orientation on the spot as the thief bounces and teleports around trying to dodge the channel instead of simply using one of their many interrupts or their 12s c/d block.
Once channeled skills have a bead on you, you have to deal with it. That’s a reality for everyone in the game. As a ranger I’d love to swap out rapid fire for true shot any day of the week.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

(edited by Kovu.7560)

in Thief

Posted by: Hitman.5829

Hitman.5829

Because rapid fire is 1 skill. If the ranger used it when you were visible then you are going to get hit, but if the ranger uses it when you are in stealth, then the skill is lost and it will not hit you. IF you dont want to be hit by this skill, get in stealth before the ranger uses it.

in Thief

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

All single target ranged attacks (even autoattacks) tracks stealth in this game if channeled before target goes into stealth. Even targeted melee attacks that has movement tracks stealth the same way (e.g. warrior gs 5, bearform 5, reaper shroud 2, etc).