Skills damaging you after stealthing

in Thief

Posted by: Knuckle Joe.7408

Knuckle Joe.7408

This thing is so godkitten stupid I can’t beleive it’s been in here since closed beta.

I’m fed up with everyone and their grandma stomping me over AFTER I stealthed away because they godkitten 3 second channeled skills keep hitting me even after I’M SUPPOSSED TO BE HIDDEN FROM THE ENEMY.

How the kitten does a ranger’s rapid fire skill follow my stealthed thief for 3 seconds? Where’s the logic in that? Mesmer’s orbs homing on me 2 secs after I am invisible, warrior’s godkitten bull rush turns them into a heatseeking missile, that new spinning scythe crap on reapers, scrappers and their faceroll hammer chain, and so on. That’s completely idiotic. And don’t tell me “just dodge after stealth” cause that’s not a solution

Anet, you really need to make entering stealth interrupt ANY and ALL channeled skills/attacks taking place, like please, right now.

/rage

DO FAST HANDS BASELINE

(edited by Knuckle Joe.7408)

in Thief

Posted by: Aisunokami.6430

Aisunokami.6430

As mentioned many times when this question or complaint arises, stealth is not an immunity effect when deployed.
Some skills are lock on target when triggered, this means that if locked and fired before stealth then damage will continue during the duration.
Much in the same way our impairing daggers will still hit if triggered before stealth.

You say please don’t ask me to just dodge but unfortunately…… well….. dodge.

in Thief

Posted by: Mintyfreshsmell.1568

Mintyfreshsmell.1568

I think OP is right. Channeled skills shouldn’t still work when a Thief goes into stealth. I honestly think Anet doesn’t give one single kitten about Thieves and their well being as a class though. Sure they buffed their damage, but they still did not address major issues this class has like this one.

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I think OP is right. Channeled skills shouldn’t still work when a Thief goes into stealth. I honestly think Anet doesn’t give one single kitten about Thieves and their well being as a class though. Sure they buffed their damage, but they still did not address major issues this class has like this one.

Well, they thought reveal skills would be a great idea – ’nuff said.

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

oh not this stupid post again. its been like this for years, isnt it about time you dealt with it yet?

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in Thief

Jana.6831

In OPs defense: It can be really annoying and to be forced to go daredevil to have that extra dodge is stupid – butSR is pretty outdated anyway and the channeled skills are only really a problem in SR, in my opinion.

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

ofc it is annoying, not denying that. this is why you should always try to fight with obstacles to “hide” behind.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

From other class perspective, it’s pretty important to use. Was one of my gripes with the RF casting time on the ranger; I miss being able to track thieves through their entire stealth to keep track of positioning by timing the skill nicely, despite the horrible damage.

Channeled single-target abilities are fine, even damaging ones. Channeled AOE-stealth-targeting CC is a problem I have, but this is restricted pretty much entirely to the elite specs.

in Thief

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

i find it retartet also. Let me show u on example why this is bad for thief. Thief stealth rev spams sword 2 and hits 100% time all 3 projectiles which means death for thief. death mean thief is trash in duel vs rev. everybody plays rev si thief is trash

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

in Thief

Posted by: Knuckle Joe.7408

Knuckle Joe.7408

oh not this stupid post again. its been like this for years, isnt it about time you dealt with it yet?

No it’s not about time I dealth with it yet you Fatty. There is no logic in a ranger’s rapid fire being heatseeking. And it being said before doesn’t mean we should stop putting pressure about broken kitten in the game, not all of us are conformist sheep like you.

As mentioned many times when this question or complaint arises, stealth is not an immunity effect when deployed.
Some skills are lock on target when triggered, this means that if locked and fired before stealth then damage will continue during the duration.
Much in the same way our impairing daggers will still hit if triggered before stealth.

You say please don’t ask me to just dodge but unfortunately…… well….. dodge.

That’s correct, I’m not asking to make stealth an immunity, of course you should be able to be damaged and killed when in stealth, what I find stupid is how lock on skills keep following you after you’ve dissapeared. I understand some skills being lockon, that’s completely fine, but if you target dissappears they should stop completely, or at least keep them going but without a target, kind of how you can use rapid fire without a target, your character fires blindly.

This is all a matter of play mechanics, one of many stuff anet simply doesn’t think about at all.

DO FAST HANDS BASELINE

(edited by Knuckle Joe.7408)

in Thief

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

And don’t tell me “just dodge after stealth”

What? lol gawd i love these forums

in Thief

Posted by: Xeyon.6419

Xeyon.6419

My biggest problem with these channels are the excessively long ones, primarily the bristleback’s barrage. Now that the damage was toned down, its not such a big deal, but before, when having a full 4s bristleback channel murdered you if you didn’t double dodge it, having all that damage chained onto you just as you enter stealth since the skill was already queued for execution was so irritating.

The system has been in place since launch, so I wouldn’t say it is a problematic one, but it does have issues when they add in excessively long channels. With that said, whether or not this system is dated, now that reveal is fairly common, is still in question.

in Thief

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

And don’t tell me “just dodge after stealth” cause that’s not a solution

If dodging after you stealth isn’t a solution for you, have you considered blocking after you stealth?

in Thief

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

should have made the topic title “Skills tracking you after stealthing”

in Thief

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

actually they could make stealth grant immunity to all skills except ground AoE, I remember all the frustration I got in this game 3.5 years ago when I tried to fight warriors just to have them spin around cleaving with GS in front of themselves with AA and get me downed from stealth easily

in exchange for this buff… they could remove the d/p 5-2 combo, I think everyone would be happy :^)

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in Thief

Posted by: CutesySylveon.8290

CutesySylveon.8290

Lex, no not at all. Immunity is lazy and pointless on thief, especially if it’s in stealth which is where thief is stronger. It would force x/p and bound from DD in replacement of dagger, shadow refuge would be a free ‘you can’t touch me haha’ button for anyone without a lot of AoE, any smoke field would be mandatory, SA would be mandatory like Trickery already is for the most part. You see where this is going? Any form of stealth would be required because it would make you unkillable every 4 sec. No thanks, that’s over the top and extremely OP. Not just for thief either, mes and scrapper both have stealth too.

in Thief

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

Lex, no not at all. Immunity is lazy and pointless on thief, especially if it’s in stealth which is where thief is stronger. It would force x/p and bound from DD in replacement of dagger, shadow refuge would be a free ‘you can’t touch me haha’ button for anyone without a lot of AoE, any smoke field would be mandatory, SA would be mandatory like Trickery already is for the most part. You see where this is going? Any form of stealth would be required because it would make you unkillable every 4 sec. No thanks, that’s over the top and extremely OP. Not just for thief either, mes and scrapper both have stealth too.

lol i guess i have to clarify that wasnt some sort of serious balance suggestion, it would require tuning ton of skills and no sane person would want scrappers to benefit from it with all their ridiculousness we already have to deal with

the only thing I kept in my mind while saying that was how I played the classic d/d zerk build with CnD-steal-backstab combo

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in Thief

Posted by: Dana.8721

Dana.8721

what about a base 2 seconds of protection when entering stealth on cd, non stackable? Nothing crazy op, just a way to time stealth to mitigate a burst? (what about 1-2 sec of aoe weakness on stealth?) i dunno, just a thought.

Golden-DR/SoS/NSP (thief/mesmer)

in Thief

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

If you want reduced damage while in stealth, the Resilience of Shadows trait is already a thing. 25% damage reduction, and it stacks with Protection, Unhindered Combatant and other such things. It even lasts longer than the two seconds you suggest.

in Thief

Posted by: rbbthole.9074

rbbthole.9074

No it’s not about time I dealth with it yet you Fatty. There is no logic in a ranger’s rapid fire being heatseeking. And it being said before doesn’t mean we should stop putting pressure about broken kitten in the game, not all of us are conformist sheep like you.

Just to bring some contribution.. Revenant’s Unrelenting Assault stops if you enter stealth, the other skills should do the same.

+1 to Op

in Thief

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Just to bring some contribution.. Revenant’s Unrelenting Assault stops if you enter stealth, the other skills should do the same.

+1 to Op

If you look at unrelenting assult you will see the channel time is only 3/4s. Even if you stealth at this point the channel will finish and the first strike of the ability will still hit you if you are still within range. It behaves very differently, more like binding roots than a channrled skill.

Could it be changed, probably. Would it be to much effort realistically for them to do, probably. Would it mean stealth needs more counterplay, probably. Would anet break more things than it would fix…again probably.

in Thief

Jana.6831

Rev sword skills need a target – that’s the difference and that’s what maybe should happen with most channeled skills. But I guess people already said it many times.
The problem is that the damage is far too high to be ignored.

I have one kudos to give to anet: Steal. I noticed on rev that my skills wouldn’t go on full cooldown if the target was out of range, which was nice and which wasn’t the same with thief. Then they changed it on thief so you couldn’t steal anymore without a target – that led to an outcry (with a reason, I agree with that) and then they changed it to: You can steal without target and get all the buffs from your steal and if you steal with target but are out of range your steal wouldn’t go on cooldown – that was a nice compromise. So: They do things right sometimes.

in Thief

Posted by: Deathrubber.3861

Deathrubber.3861

well except for channeld or other skills revealing u after stealth, i think the dodge itself is the problem while in stealth. as long as u dont take dash it is difficult with bound and impossible with implotus to dodge infight. i dont really mind for me as i am fine with this but compared to other classes stealth abilities thiefs felt less efficient infight

(edited by Deathrubber.3861)

in Thief

Posted by: rbbthole.9074

rbbthole.9074

If you look at unrelenting assult you will see the channel time is only 3/4s. Even if you stealth at this point the channel will finish and the first strike of the ability will still hit you if you are still within range. It behaves very differently, more like binding roots than a channrled skill.

Could it be changed, probably. Would it be to much effort realistically for them to do, probably. Would it mean stealth needs more counterplay, probably. Would anet break more things than it would fix…again probably.

Good point man, in fact, fixing a problem is never an easy task and I’m not a developer (so no idea on how to do that) but you have to admit, heatseeking pewpew is a pretty bad concept overall..