Slow Projectile Speed on Impairing daggers?

in Thief

Posted by: CreedOfGod.9764

CreedOfGod.9764

I’m going to do what I can to prevent this from being a complaint thread but I’ve been field testing a build that I have really come to enjoy with Dagger/Dagger and Impairing Daggers as one of the utilities.

Something I have come to notice is that the projectile speed seems to be slower than expected, and almost feels like trying to hit moving targets with a Short Bow’s cluster bomb(shortbow 2)without detonating. The ability is three separate daggers with each applying one of the three conditions, without stealth and the enemy being still it is rather difficult to land all the hits to get the desired immobilize condition out of it.

Of course there is little issue using them within melee range, yet the ideal situation is to land them from a further range to set up your engage. Even without the enemy dodging a simple strafe to either side has rendered them useless and even more difficult to use them as a chasing tool. I feel like if they had close to/ similar projectile speeds as Dancing dagger (offhand dagger 4) it would be less clunky to use and yield more success without it being overpowered.

Who knows though, maybe it’s working as intended and I just need to git gud.

(tldr: daggers feel slow, yo)

~Ghost Ren~
Stay Low. Move Fast. Kill First. Die Last.

(edited by CreedOfGod.9764)

in Thief

Posted by: Set.7461

Set.7461

You’re right, they are slow. The most reliable way of landing them in in stealth but even then, it’s hard once you get to a certain level. You can see the daggers coming even from a stealth thief. I’ve dodged many of them. My best advice is to use them as close as you can. Yes I know, it defeats the purpose. shrug They’re so slow, might as well be paper airplanes.

in Thief

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

You’re right. They’re slow. But they do overshoot their range, so sometimes you can hit someone from pretty far away and have them not expect it to hit them, and they get the full blast. But usually my solution is to use steal while casting.