Small Request for Dash Animation

in Thief

Posted by: Kayji.4390

Kayji.4390

When I first read about the skill, I thought the animation for Dash would look more like the Reaper’s Shroud #2 ability Death’s Charge and Reverent’s Staff #5 ability Surge of the Mists except without the spinning weapon animation. Idk the way it is now seems a little clunky looking and boring, especially compared to the other two new dodge animations for daredevil.

Can you guys maybe change it so it looks like the ‘dash’ forward we see with those skills?

in Thief

Posted by: reinforever.8902

reinforever.8902

I support this. I thought it looked pretty lame to be honest. Maybe even an poof anf repoof where we needed to go (still making the duration of the dodge the same). Or if anyone has seen ridkitten, the big bossess cool shadow swiftness thing. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WPqtCfbLQug

Edit: wow it won’t let me say the name of the movie. But the scifi vin diesel movie

in Thief

Posted by: knyy.6427

knyy.6427

i agree, the animation looks bad. the staff animations looks even more bad (except for vault).

in Thief

Posted by: Treetoptrickster.4205

Treetoptrickster.4205

I was expecting more of a lunge or slide instead of ‘really fast running go time.’ I wouldn’t mind seeing the animation changed a bit, but for the love of Karl please don’t get rid of those sexy swirling shadow effects.

in Thief

Posted by: reinforever.8902

reinforever.8902

I was expecting more of a lunge or slide instead of ‘really fast running go time.’ I wouldn’t mind seeing the animation changed a bit, but for the love of Karl please don’t get rid of those sexy swirling shadow effects.

Basically. It’s like a faster swiftness which doesn’t look cool.

in Thief

Posted by: nickxnickx.5401

nickxnickx.5401

Honestly I don’t like any of them.
I enjoy doing my typical thief front flips off high spots.

I wish there was an option to turn the NEW animations off so I can stick to my normal dodge.

It feels forced upon us that we have to see a new animation we don’t like just because we want to have the Daredevil trait line..

in Thief

Posted by: Treetoptrickster.4205

Treetoptrickster.4205

Honestly I don’t like any of them.
I enjoy doing my typical thief front flips off high spots.

I wish there was an option to turn the NEW animations off so I can stick to my normal dodge.

It feels forced upon us that we have to see a new animation we don’t like just because we want to have the Daredevil trait line..

I guess it’s also kind of a clarity thing. Like, imagine someone dodging normally towards you and you’re just like “k” then allofasudden a 3k crit appeared! The animations also kind of let people know that this is indeed a daredevil you’re fighting and to just start trying to dodge their dodges.

in Thief

Posted by: Kocoff.7582

Kocoff.7582

i was personally expecting a mini-teleport, like a shadowy vanishing animation.

Dash doesn’t look too good, but then i don’t really mind to be honest. I could let that slip.

still approve your post though.

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

in Thief

Posted by: Alpha.1308

Alpha.1308

i was personally expecting a mini-teleport, like a shadowy vanishing animation.

it’s a “dash”…. so, no

but this also isn’t really a “dash”, it’s more like a long-distance-running-nike-warrior-stance, but in a smaller time frame, which is why it looks so clunky in a short burst
it needs to actually dash
not use the same animation for a 1,200 range rush that warrior GS has but just knock off 9,00 range something
i get that it’s a lot of effort to, you know, not copy pasta, but come on
not that i would know what it should look like… but it definitely shouldn’t be recycled doodie

I was expecting more of a lunge or slide instead of ‘really fast running go time.’

first thing that came to mind

Attachments:

in Thief

Posted by: Fistandanthilus.6824

Fistandanthilus.6824

Oh my!
Im amazed you guys didn’t recognize the DASH Animation from Ciri in the Witcher 3.

Just check this video from the minute 0:36

It is a perfect movement!! AMAZING

Differences are that Ciri does it faster in less distance and the daredevil does it slower in a longer distance without the green glow.

Love it!

in Thief

Posted by: Kayji.4390

Kayji.4390

Pretty much what I was expecting as well

Oh my!
Im amazed you guys didn’t recognize the DASH Animation from Ciri in the Witcher 3.

Just check this video from the minute 0:36

It is a perfect movement!! AMAZING

Differences are that Ciri does it faster in less distance and the daredevil does it slower in a longer distance without the green glow.

Love it!

Are you serious? It looks nothing like it. XD But the animation you see for ciri’s dash was was I imagined

For reference for the Necromancer’s death charge check out these links:
Asura Female
Asura Male
Human Female
Human Male
Sylvari Female
Sylvari Male
Norn Female
Norn Male
Charr Male
Charr Female

Now imagine the Scythe is removed and instead its a static version of the players weapons, the animation is sped up with a shorter range, and the reaper shroud replaced with the shadowy dash effect we have atm. What do you guys think?