Smoke and Mirrors - trait proposal

in Thief

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Smoke fields reflect projectiles; thanks ANet.

:3

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

That would only benefit smokescreen and black powder though right? That’s pretty specific

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Thief

Viking Jorun.5413

That would only benefit smokescreen and black powder though right? That’s pretty specific

Hush child, we need teh buffz.

in Thief

Posted by: Tachii.3506

Tachii.3506

Would probably be under Shadow Arts, Grandmaster traits maybe.

SBI – Thief and the occasional Guardian & Warrior.

in Thief

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

Hush child, we need teh buffz.

Yes, but only if the buffs make sense. This makes no sense.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

in Thief

Posted by: Peixe.1804

Peixe.1804

better to just give smokescreen reflection then, which to be honest doesn’t really make sense

in Thief

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

I think this’d replace a few classes in the dungeon meta, or any place where reflects are in high demand. As temping as it sounds, I don’t think D/P should have a tool this good (unless it perhaps gets put in 30 Shadow Arts and Venomous Aura gets merged with Residual Venom. (Then it’d bar the complete glass cannons from using it, and everyone that could use it would have to choose between it and Shadow Rejuvination)(still, that may be even more of an over buff)(Maybe if it had a 15 second internal Cooldown to match our smoke wall.)

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in Thief

Viking Jorun.5413

I think this’d replace a few classes in the dungeon meta, or any place where reflects are in high demand. As temping as it sounds, I don’t think D/P should have a tool this good (unless it perhaps gets put in 30 Shadow Arts and Venomous Aura gets merged with Residual Venom. (Then it’d bar the complete glass cannons from using it, and everyone that could use it would have to choose between it and Shadow Rejuvination)(still, that may be even more of an over buff)(Maybe if it had a 15 second internal Cooldown to match our smoke wall.)

If you’ve played other classes, having to choose between two powerful grandmaster traits is always how things are balanced. You’re either choosing survivability or reflects.

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Smoke fields reflect projectiles; thanks ANet.

:3

P/P will be god in range-vs-range…too bad it will not be enough to reflect a nerf bat.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

If you’ve played other classes, having to choose between two powerful grandmaster traits is always how things are balanced. You’re either choosing survivability or reflects.

The thing of it is, we’d be able to attain near 100% reflect uptime is this applied to Black Powder, blowing other reflect users out of the water in that role, which is a major deal in many encounters in this game. Also, reflects turn defense into offense. The only things that would be able to harm us would be ranged Beam skills and AoEs.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter