So I just took 12k dmg from backstab

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Oh gawd! The class that’s suppose to have the highest burst bursted me! Wtf anet?!

Wait, wait wait. A high burst character busted you? Dude. I don’t even wanna play this game anymore. C’mon man, let’s just quit. This is just madness….(lol)

This isn’t even Sparta either. kitten everything…. >:c

( :P )

in Thief

Posted by: Torqueblue.1945

Torqueblue.1945

“If at first you don’t succeed. Dust yourself off and Try again” -Aaliyah

Scotch and Pills, what could possibly go wrong? – Max Payne

in Thief

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Surprised people haven’t caught onto this yet, you can do d/p and stay in one spot stealthed with certain setups, have 11 or so stacks of might from just doing that, when someone comes near, pop 2 signets for an extra 10.. pop on someone with 21 stacks to 22 stacks of might up with backstab and they’ll never know what happened

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Thief

Posted by: DrMatt.9408

DrMatt.9408

if a thief goes to that much effort in wvw to kill one person, they deserve the kill. backstab thieves are anti solo roamers, against a group or zerg they arent much use. while the zerker ele who just got pwned by the thief is farming loot bags with aoe spam the thief is waiting around for someone to walk past, or a poor dolly to kill. big deal, seems balanced over all to me.

in Thief

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

People always hate what they can’t see coming. Just like snipers in FPS multiplayers. What they fail to see is that this trick is all the other side have. If they miss, waste their initial attack, get their timing wrong, they’re very, very vulnerable. You can kill a Thief before he can stealth, and even in stealth he can take damage. He isn’t invincible. Take away the stealth and the class has nothing much. It just so happens that for roaming in WvW, the Thief shines – AS WAS INTENDED. It is balanced.

in Thief

Posted by: DrMatt.9408

DrMatt.9408

also op, sorry but 2000 armour is very very low, I have 3200 armour on my engineer and I still have to be careful around thieves. thieves were made to kill squishy damage focussed builds, cant remember the last time I saw a thief burst down a tanky guardian or war.

in Thief

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

Thief has high burst, THAT all thiefs have.. I believe me, i have played thief and its not as easy as people believe. Its not “just to go in there and backstab”. They have to run FULL zerker to be able to hit 7k, they have to crit (or else they hit like 2k and will get killed)

They have NO DEFENSE AT ALL! catch him and his dead…

in Thief

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

2,089 armour (I’m a light class). Full PVT clothing with mostly zerker trinkets.

Tada. Trinkets are about 70% of your stats. You’re actually mostly glass cannon yourself. So, 12k backstabs from a glass cannon to a glass cannon are perfectly normal.

in Thief

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

How much armor do you have?

I only see this feasible with a full zerker Thief with maybe full stacks of Bloodlust (if you got hit by 12k with 2.8k+ armor). In which case, that sucks for you. But these thieves are usually as glass cannon as anyone can possibly be and usually go down pretty fast so they don’t really pose any big threat.

They are a threat. If they can immobilize and kill you within 1 second, then go invisble and also blind you. How isn’t that overpowered?

Edit: Nvm, TP said he’s a glass cannon himself. Would be OP if he was a “tank”.

in Thief

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Apparantly the Thief class is in certain points totally underpowered compared to other classes like especially the Elementalist, the Mesmer and the Warrior/Guardian.

To become a very dangerous thief only, the game basically forces you to just play with with Berserker Gear and some kind of perma stealthing around CoD with Back Stabbing, because thats the only way a Thief can create in this game high burst damage.
If you play any other kind of thief build, you will never get at all somewhere into the near of dealing such high damage..
Alot of traits of the thief are underpowered/ or just utterly useless.
Half of all thief skills become instantly useless once you enter unterwater gameplay, what totally sucks. So if u want to have easier tiem with thiefs, just flee into water >.>

Thiefs are squishy and besides dagger storm they have absolutely no way to use stability, what makes them totally defenseless basically against knockdowns, fear, sinking/rising. Some say its intended, but for me it is a clearly bug, that you can let the game ignore a thiefs stealth duration, if you just somehow kick them out of their shadow refuges, totally regardless if they had full 10 seconds of stealth left or so, if u fear them out of the refuge, we will mysteriously instantly lose stealth, what totally sucks.
If this would be intended gameplay, then it would exist somewhere in the game an official explaination in the shadow refuge description, that stealth ends, if you get forced out of refuges… but it doesn’t and as long thats not the case, this kind of effect is a BUG for me, which makes it terribly easy to fight against thiefs, because nearly all of the mentioned classes that I think are op, have terribly easy access to skills of their op meta builds which can kick you easily out of the refuge or spam you so full of CC, that you can’t get away anymore as the thief also has not much options for removing conditions, other than his self heal, but that heals no CC’s and that one signet, that can heal just 1 single condition, where you have no control over which should get healed, so the CCs can easily be covered with other conditions…
Would be somethign different, if we would be able to mark the condition first, that should get removed, before using the signet by clicking on the condition symbol

The thief has alot of underpowered utility skills, which kind of are only useful in specific situations. Their elite skills aren’t also the very best, the thief guild sucks, because they are way to easily killed to provide any good support, they die like flies in AoE as they don’t dodge anything mostly…
Daggerstorm just favors only condition builds mostly and for so many attacks in short time, their hit ratio toally sucks as you throw like 20+ daggers and just only like half of them seem to hit something …. and while using it, you can’t use anything else and are an total easy to burst down target….

Basilisk Venom? ..oh crap, don’t make me laugh , worst elite skill ever!!!
——

The last balance patch (the first one basically) changed not much on thiefs, it just basically nerfed only totally the underpowered underwater thief’s melee skills to death by raising initiative costs to ad absurdum. It added torment to just one useless utility skill and basically no significant improvements on the traits, where all other classes got some significant improvements in their traits.

GW2 is far away from being balanced at all.
For this goal to achieve, Anet has to overlook many other things in this game too:

- Sigill Effects (making it finally possible to put 2 sigills into 2H weapons)
- Rune Set Effects (buff weak ones, remove op ones, implement new ones)
- Basic Weapon Effects/Damage
- Basic Critical Damage/ Crit Rate Points
- Remove finally buff food and potions out of WvW

Thats also some points, which urgently need to be looked at also!!

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

in Thief

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

Thief backstabs me>>>>Death shroud #4///#5. Run away from battle if i want immoblized or stand there as now hes taking damage. Spam my area will Marks/Wells. He comes near me, he takes damage + Chilled,. Now were talking even field. Any more harassment? Plague form spam aoe blind/chill. Now whos got the upper hand? Throw in your heal somewhere.

in Thief

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Thief backstabs me>>>>Death shroud #4///#5. Run away from battle if i want immoblized or stand there as now hes taking damage. Spam my area will Marks/Wells. He comes near me, he takes damage + Chilled,. Now were talking even field. Any more harassment? Plague form spam aoe blind/chill. Now whos got the upper hand? Throw in your heal somewhere.

And then the thief stealths- removing those conditions and healing, then runs away, leaving his balls behind…

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

If your running full p/v/t and arn’t using useless traits, I don’t beleive you for a second. Bs isn’t that strong against tanky builds, the only people who get 1, 2, or even 3 shotted are zerkers who think they can out live a zerker thief, which is just silly.

Zerker trinkets, and light armor… there’s your problem.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Thief

Posted by: Sarabande.8260

Sarabande.8260

I don’t even PvP much, but I love killing people on my Thief. This thread drives home why I do.

in Thief

Posted by: Sunflowers.1729

Sunflowers.1729

The OP already said that he is in full PVT gear, which means (obviously) that he has 2k+ toughness and when he said armor it was a mistake.

Edit: Okay he said he has zerker trinkets. But still, he should definitely have way more than 2k armor. The numbers don’t really match up. Also, 21k hp is hardly glass cannon.

To become a very dangerous thief only, the game basically forces you to just play with with Berserker Gear and some kind of perma stealthing around CoD with Back Stabbing, because thats the only way a Thief can create in this game high burst damage.
If you play any other kind of thief build, you will never get at all somewhere into the near of dealing such high damage..

Not true, especially with D/P. I have 1.6k toughness and still do amazing damage.

(edited by Sunflowers.1729)

in Thief

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

Conncept, what profession are you playing and what role in wvw do you want to fill?

Engi and Ele, I just run dolyaks and keep the NPC camps on our side, usually end up fighting in groups at the camps and dolys and wandering 1v1s between runs. Scout sometimes too. Or I did back before I got fed up with all the pig-tailed little girls that can’t finish a fight, haven’t been in WvW in weeks.

I remember you. You were crying about this a couple of weeks ago. For someone that likes to call others (that use their class mechanics correctly) pig-tailed little girls…..you sure do cry a lot.

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

@Oprheal,

I have doubts you ever played thief to the full extent. There are a lot of things you point out that arn’t true.

-Bv doesn’t suck, you just have to know how to utilize it, as with dagger storm.
-Condition clearing comes in a couple different ways. Sigil, runes, traits, skills, signet, sword/shadowstep.
-Zerker’s and perma stealth isn’t the only option, its just easier for people to learn. There are builds for thief that don’t rely on stealth the entire fight. Do they still use it here and there? Yeah probably but it is far less than what you claim it to be.
-perma stealth means staying in stealth. Thief cannot stay in stealth and kill someone, unless they’re afk (poison, caltrops). Whether it be on my warrior, thief, or ranger I have no problems seeking a thief who goes invis. Often times I can kill them, other times they slip away. Does that mean I’ve lost? No, just means they knew what would of happened if they stayed. This includes d/p thief, they’re not exactly invulnerable when a pvt warrior can kill them.
-knocking/pulling/fear out of SR is for the obvious reason, to counter it. ~13 seconds of stealth is a lot, so people can atleast counter it. Want some advice? Save atleast 1 dodge when you are about to pop SR. Sit on one end of the circle and watch for cc skills that may kick you out. If you can’t prepare for the simplest of tactics then pick another “useless” utility (all professions have some useless utility).

The last patch certainly helped thief, even if it did nerf some valid skills before (sword #3, spear, sb #2) If you want bad try playing a warrior right now. A large portion of our traits don’t even work.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Thief

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

It’s funny because a lot of people (myself included) are apparently able to kill thieves.

There are a lot of thief players. A number of them do not really understand their own class mechanics and/or play really badly. Those can be killed.

If you happen to run into a good thief player, the only way you will be able to kill him is if it was you who initiated the attack (in other words, if you manage to surprise him). If he was the one to start a fight, then either he’ll kill you or will be able to run away.

TL/DR: you will be able to kill a ganker thief only if the thief’s player will make a mistake.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Thief

Orpheal.8263

@ Sunflowers:

I do play with a D/D and SB combo. I also run PVT (Power, Vit, Toughness) gear and am surely no glass cannon with nearly 20 to over 20k HP in regard of the WvW Max HP bonus % and still the only thiefs I’ve seen yet fighting me that were able to 2 shot me were always D/D glass cannon thiefs with full berserker gear for sure. Not yet a single thief fightign against me with SB, D/P, S/P or P/P

However, these kind of different opinions about thiefs surely come from only different experiences beign made in the game while playing as thief or fighting against different thiefs and no one can be blamed for just having made different experiences in the game in regard of thiefs.
I didn#t got yet very often ganked by a thief, because i play myself mainly a thief and know exactly how they work and also just being a thief alone I think helps in being not so often getting ganked by a stealth thief, because of the player knowing, that his enemy can do exactly the same, what makes enemy thiefs a way more dangerous target to gank, than naturally other classes… I think this comes into consideration too why naturally thief players have an totally other opinion over this clas,s than players that play mainly other classes and are due to this statistically surely more oftenly ganked by stealthy thiefs… I think it would be quite an interesting fact to see a statistic about, which class gets the most oftenly backstabbed by thiefs ^^

My bet would be “Rangers”

However, due to the point that I play thief mainly, I see all the flaws of the class, the biggest one imo currently being the underwater gameplay, the lack of good elite skills/stability over traits and an too easy accessible perma stealth, that should be doable only by max traitet shadow arts thiefs by competely different gameplay mechanics so that if you go for high stealth gameplay, the thief will surely not be of high power also. So thief traits need a rework mainly, not the stealth mechanic in itself

Also other classes should lose stealth, mainly the mesmer, stealth is and should be always a thief only privilege.

I’ve also nearly like 2,2k in total defense, about which like 1,6k are tougness , but against certain Mesmer/Ele builds you absolutely stand no chance agaisnt, if you’re not on full berserker gear surprising them with a critical deathly firststrike to set your enemy under pressure first.

@ Ninja, Oh I do, but I’m sure I made just only other experiences in the game, than you.
I know those optins, but not every thief player runs around in the game with multiple sets oof equipment to be able to adapt always to every situation

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

in Thief

Sunflowers.1729

Also other classes should lose stealth, mainly the mesmer, stealth is and should be always a thief only privilege.

Yeah, at this point I stopped taking anything you said seriously

in Thief

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

I don’t WvW much anymore since it’s so slow, boring and a generally poor form of pvp. But today we got blue in WvW and I wanted to finish WvW maps so I went there. I ran into a thief at a distance and was expecting to fight him but he put on assassin’s signet and dropped refuge(going for a 1 shot obviously) with 25 bloodlust. I started to run away but thought “nah screw it, I’ll just refuge too and if he hits me oh well”. Well he hit me for 12.2k(I’m glass cannon thief 1980 armor) and I didn’t make a thread on the forums about it. Sure I could have just run but so what? Is it balanced when a guardian uses shield of wrath, waits then teleports to you for huge aoe damage? When a mesmer immobilizes you then shatter spikes? No. Spiking isn’t about fairness and this game is becoming more and more about getting the jump on opponents. Ever had an ele RTL out of nowhere, updraft then spike you?…spiking is everywhere, the thief gets crapped on for having stealth and 1 spike skill.

in Thief

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

WvWvW GW2 shouldn’t be taken so seriously and also this game isn’t balanced 1v1

Fixed for yah.

As for the topic, yes, 12k back stab is easily possible on even heavily armored targets who don’t have protection, but it does mean the thief has to run somewhat clumsy build that isn’t very suitable for roaming or 1vX. That’s why you don’t see such numbers very often.

By the way that data guy above me is obviously a rookie who doesn’t understand what separates a normal burst build and a thief burst build. Well suprise puprise, it’s the ability to deliver it from stealth.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

(edited by Master of Timespace.2548)

in Thief

Sarabande.8260

Why, because it was a run-on sentence?

in Thief

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

What is the logic behind this balance? I’ve been repeatedly killed by thieves in 2, yes count them TWO hits in WvW tonight. What is the logic behind giving a class the ability to immobilize me, then 2-shot me, all in the span of less than one second, from stealth. I’m running full level 80 exotic soldier (PVT) gear, 21k hp.

don’t go to wvw man, the thieves there will kill you in 2 seconds ~!!!

in Thief

Sunflowers.1729

Yes (it is also a completely irrelevant point that is not supported by anything but his opinion).

But mainly the run-on sentence. That must never happen.

in Thief

Sarabande.8260

Yes (it is also a completely irrelevant point that is not supported by anything but his opinion).

But mainly the run-on sentence. That must never happen.

~giggles~

in Thief

Orpheal.8263

Thiefs are the so called masters of stealth, not mesmers.
give me please a serious reason, why mesmers should have stealth, when they have nothing to do with shadow arts??
Mass Invisibility and that other utility skills (Veil or how its called in english) are the reason, why mesmers have this superior survavability together with their clone spam skills as they can make you basically if they are skilled enough fight always against clones and pop in stealth when needed to heal or to spam some new clones while staying far enough away to stay out of sight of the enemy or use it to just run away to heal themself, while you are still busy with the clones, if you don’t quickly destroy them with AoE’s

Mesmers are currently besides Elementalists the only class, which can easily tank and spank against multiple players and survive these situations for a long time, while watching you from far away dieing from the DoT condition spam, if you can’t quickly remove them and even by killing them quickly, you instantly get through killing them the healed conditions instantly back, ifthe mesmer was skilled for that, so that clones leave randomous conditions on destruction, or their let them home in to you by using their shatter skills to CC you, while they have from far range enough time to quickly spam new clones to keep you busy with them.

If Anet doesn’t remove their stealth skills, then at least their clone spam needs a nerf, so that they can only create clones per dodge roll every like 10 seconds or so …
The main source of their clones should come from their skills being used and not from just rolling around like crazy…

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

in Thief

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Mesmers are currently besides Elementalisst the only class, which can easily tank and spank against mulpple players and survive these situations for long time while watching you from far away dieing from the DoT condition spam, if you can’t quickly remove them and even by killing them quickly, you instantly get thrpough killign them healing conditions instantly back, as killing their clones leaves oftenly, if they skilled it a randomous condition, or their let them home in to you by using their shatter skills to CC you, while they have from far range enough tiem to quickly spam new clones to keep you busy with them.

Dude, do you realise that you just wrote a paragraph that consists of exactly 1 sentence? Really, if that’s the way you fight against mesmers, it’s no suprise it’s confusing.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

(edited by Master of Timespace.2548)

in Thief

Sarabande.8260

Mesmers can stealth and clone all they want and they will still be an easy kill. Dudes running around in dresses casting purple majiks – haha.

Mesmers are almost as fun to kill as magical warriors, oops, I mean Guardians.

I am not even a Pvpro, but I love assassinating people on the Thief. You just know they are on the other side of the screen like, “kitten, kitten! Kitten my kitten you mother-kittner.”

XD

in Thief

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

It’s funny because a lot of people (myself included) are apparently able to kill thieves.

There are a lot of thief players. A number of them do not really understand their own class mechanics and/or play really badly. Those can be killed.

If you happen to run into a good thief player, the only way you will be able to kill him is if it was you who initiated the attack (in other words, if you manage to surprise him). If he was the one to start a fight, then either he’ll kill you or will be able to run away.

TL/DR: you will be able to kill a ganker thief only if the thief’s player will make a mistake.

I disagree.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

in Thief

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

When thief is in stealth he must attack you within 4 seconds.

If you don’t know how to play a thief or know how to fight one, I suggest you play one because it is much harder then it sounds.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Thief

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

WTB epic nerf as a GIFT!

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Thief

Sarabande.8260

If you don’t know how to play a thief or know how to fight one, I suggest you play one because it is much harder then it sounds.

+1

Also, I’d wager that a lot of people who complain about Theives are likely WoW refugees who are used to getting eaten up by Rogues in the BG. I played a Rogue for years in that game, and a GW2 Thief takes more skill (imo).

(edited by Sarabande.8260)

in Thief

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

What is the logic behind this spam? The thief forum has been plagued with qq and now they’re being hit by another qq thread. That’s right, ANOTHER QQ THREAD!! What is the logic behind giving these people the privilege of playing a game mode if they don’t even learn their class or the enemy’s class? I’m a full zerk thief and can deal 12k backstabs but I have 10k hp and can die to 1, COUNT IT 1 HIT! from other classes. If the op actually responded to the attacker instead of alt tabbing to qq all over the forums, he might have stood a chance.

“If at first you don’t succeed. Dust yourself off and Try again” -Aaliyah

Oh but sir, you forget that this is the internet. What people here believe is if at first you don’t succeed, the other person is cheating and needs to be verbally attacked to show how good and cool I am… end quote.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

(edited by randomfightfan.4091)

in Thief

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

So, yet again another post from someone that got one shotted by a thief. Well guess what? We want to play other builds and weapon sets, but Anet keep nerfing ALL OTHER BUILDS AND WEAPON SETS, thereby forcing us into using the only strong build we have left: the zerker backstab thief. Remove that and we would have absolutely no role in this game – at all. PvE and PvP we are just a big joke. WvW? A big mother kittening joke, except for killing players running around alone, or up leveled people. I would trade some team utility (other than SB) and versatility any time for those huge backstab hits! And I’m still curious about these mysterious numbers. My thief have never ever been hit by a back stab higher than 7k – ever. And I’m running glass on a squishy class…

But please, keep kittening about this build. You just feed us with your tears and make us smile – because we actually feel that we can do something

Melder – Thief

in Thief

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

it’s easier to QQ and whine on the forums, than to learn your OWN class, not to mention the thief one
….it actually requires the use of neurons to learn to activate: endure pain, break stuns, dodge etc.
unfortunately, a LOT of ppl are just plain dumb.
say hello to the gw2 wvw community

(edited by DanH.5879)

in Thief

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

Balance where? look here a comparation of my stats and damage compared to a i dont know wth thief.
Hey but dont worry next patch they will give Thief a new boots, now they can Backstab from 1200 range and other will be nerfed to compensate the balance

OH!MAH!GAW!SOW!OH!PEH!QQ!WTF! you have 1k power and 7% crit chance. lol, build so bad. You go 100% bunker then cry because someone killed you despite you using a useless troll build. Did you not even think to use one of your many evades or blocks or immobilizes? Even funnier that it’s a ranger is complaining. Makes my day.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

Mesmers are currently besides Elementalisst the only class, which can easily tank and spank against mulpple players and survive these situations for long time while watching you from far away dieing from the DoT condition spam, if you can’t quickly remove them and even by killing them quickly, you instantly get thrpough killign them healing conditions instantly back, as killing their clones leaves oftenly, if they skilled it a randomous condition, or their let them home in to you by using their shatter skills to CC you, while they have from far range enough tiem to quickly spam new clones to keep you busy with them.

Dude, do you realise that you just wrote a paragraph that consists of exactly 1 sentence? Really, if that’s the way you fight against mesmers, it’s no suprise it’s confusing.

The Declaration of Independence was one sentence and that was much longer.

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Thief

Posted by: Mordecai.6318

Mordecai.6318

I will never understand why a new thread like this pops up once a week. I am getting so sick of looking for meaningful threads in my favorite profession’s forum only to find the same banter over and over.

Coming to the thief specific forum to complain about thieves is ridiculous. You are never going to get anyone on your side.

-The entire class does not need to be nerfed because you died in a 1v1.
-The entire class does not need to be nerfed because you’ve never learned to counter it.
-The entire class does not need to be nerfed because of your inability to min/max a build properly.
-The entire class does not need to be nerfed because of your inability to preemptively dodge/evade/block/invuln or have any understanding of thief stealth timers to assist in those processes.
-The entire class does not need to be nerfed because you cannot adapt, have no situational awareness, and don’t learn from previous engagements.

Has anyone ever considered that a thief (in zerg or small group scenario) when stealthed isn’t contributing anything to his/her team? If the thief is forced to run away (which they almost always are at some point) then that time spent in stealth is time wasted. That could be 12 or more seconds of time that a thief is spent waiting on regen,cleansing conditions and NOT doing damage, not rallying people, or any number of productive things it COULD have been contributing.

Stealth can be a really frustrating mechanic and I’m sorry to be a broken record, but the vast majority of these stupid threads really are L2P issues. Get over yourselves.

in Thief

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

I will never understand why a new thread like this pops up once a week. I am getting so sick of looking for meaningful threads in my favorite profession’s forum only to find the same banter over and over.

Coming to the thief specific forum to complain about thieves is ridiculous. You are never going to get anyone on your side.

-The entire class does not need to be nerfed because you’ve never learned to counter it.
-The entire class does not need to be nerfed because of your inability to min/max a build properly.
-The entire class does not need to be nerfed because of your inability to preemptively dodge/evade/block/invuln or have any understanding of thief stealth timers to assist in those processes.
-The entire class does not need to be nerfed because you cannot adapt, have no situational awareness, and don’t learn from previous engagements.

Has anyone ever considered that a thief (in zerg or small group scenario) when stealthed isn’t contributing anything to his/her team? If the thief is forced to run away (which they almost always are at some point) then that time spent in stealth is time wasted. That could be 12 or more seconds of time that a thief is spent waiting on regen,cleansing conditions and NOT doing damage, not rallying people, or any number of productive things it COULD have been contributing.

Stealth can be a really frustrating mechanic and I’m sorry to be a broken record, but the vast majority of these stupid threads really are L2P issues. Get over yourselves.

+1

Preach to me, brotha! Amen! Glory, glory, hallelujah!

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

in Thief

Posted by: Hafgar.2965

Hafgar.2965

+1

Also, I’d wager that a lot of people who complain about Theives are likely WoW refugees who are used to getting eaten up by Rogues in the BG. I played a Rogue for years in that game, and a GW2 Thief takes more skill (imo).

Completely agreed.

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Attachments:

in Thief

Posted by: PirateNycro.6728

PirateNycro.6728

And then the thief stealths- removing those conditions and healing, then runs away, leaving his balls behind…

lol you described half the theif fights i see lately or atleast how they end

in Thief

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

Sorry, OP, but I have 2.4k armor on a fully Zerk/Valk geared char and I have never been backstabbed for more than 9k(rare cases, mostly 6-7k). You are doing something wrong.
I think maybe the thief also had to be the most 1 kill hit wonder – 25/30/0/0/15 d/d build, with full stacks of bloodlust, highest tier food and oil and activated signet of malice(plus basilisk venom) to do that much, probably with the 1.5k range trait on steal too, so it can “snipe”. This is literally the “1 shot, 1 kill if they don’t stun break and evade, return after cds are up after 30-40s” build. Sorry, but this build imo is close to useless in wvw.

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

12k? I see them for 5-6k on me usually and I am wearing a mix of Soldier and berserker. You must be doing something wrong.

in Thief

Posted by: Hype.8032

Hype.8032

What is the logic behind this balance? I’ve been repeatedly killed by thieves in 2, yes count them TWO hits in WvW tonight. What is the logic behind giving a class the ability to immobilize me, then 2-shot me, all in the span of less than one second, from stealth. I’m running full level 80 exotic soldier (PVT) gear, 21k hp.

I didn’t read all of this thread because it is a waste of time. You died from full health in 2 hits yet the backstab only hit for 12k? Backstab is the hardest hitting attack, so what was the other attack to take 9k from you? This is trolling, you don’t even mention zerker trinkets in your original post to make it sound like you actually have armor… which you clearly don’t.

After a 12k backstab you’d still be above 25% health so the most you’d see from heartseaker is 7.5k…. same with cloak and dagger…. so how were you 2 shot again? The only people who get hit for damage like you describe didn’t build their character correctly.

Tualek & F I Monk / Thief —-- Tk E / Engineer
Highest Solo Queue Rank Achieved: 40
Highest solo-join Team Queue Rank Achieved: 198

in Thief

Posted by: Moderator.9532

Moderator.9532

As this discussion leaves no room for any constructive and healthy discussion, it is closed.