So..... Sword/Dagger in TPvP

in Thief

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

Yeah, has anyone come up with a reliable/viable sword/dagger build yet?

I’ve been tryin’ but with limited/marginal success.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in Thief

Posted by: Chakuna.6325

Chakuna.6325

no, not until flanking strike is fixed

I’m trying to go back, but I’m still here.

in Thief

Posted by: obtuse.8291

obtuse.8291

Yes. 30 critical 30 shadow or 30 shadow 20 acro 20 trickery to do a support build with boons on steal. Berserker & valkyrie . I like runes of dwayna

I am the super thief

in Thief

Posted by: Zarrak.3247

Zarrak.3247

I honestly go back and forth between D/D and S/D. Raw upfront damage in an aggressive style is definately D/D. But S/D…I love the utility. I use S/D in WvW as a harassment spec to lure a couple people out of a zerg. Inflitrator’s Strike is great to get in, then cure a condition and get back out to start a chase. Some overzealous thieves/warrs will inevitably follow you, breaking off one by one until a final person is left for you to 1v1.

I’m not sure what people are saying about Flanking Strike – it was a pain to work properly at first, since the tracking seems to sometimes not work. However, I literally spent a few hours while farming bloods to “practice” it and find out how it really works, and I love it. Spammable evasion ability that strips a boon off the enemy? This plus bountiful theft is a guardian killer for me. Of course, you have to practice it and figure out how to use it effectively.

S/D doesn’t have the damage D/D does, but if you go 20 into acrobatics for the extra dodging and dodge boons, it’s such a great harass spec.

in Thief

Posted by: aylictal.5627

aylictal.5627

sword/dagger works fine so long as you dont use the dual skill.

you can keep people locked down surprisingly well with proper use of venoms, cloak n dagger, plus 1 ability from stealth with sword for the daze.

in Thief

Posted by: Vexus.5423

Vexus.5423

If I were doing S/D, I’d stack all those awesome Endurance and Initiative regeneration skills. People are just complete trash right now at this game and the high level gameplay is not even opening up.

With the 100% Endurance on Weapon Swap, the 3 Initiative upon Weapon Swap in Combat, the return of Endurance on dodge, and so on, you can literally be the land version of the underwater Spear #5. Landing hits and going all over the place in evade mode. Anyway I don’t even play it but maximize your build into it and I’m sure it will be effective. Remember the only 100% damage reduction comes from dodge/evade skills, and we have access to the most. Use em!