So are we finally invited into raids?

in Thief

Posted by: Johnsen.6253

Johnsen.6253

Berserker or Condi?
I think Condi DPS is still lacking.

Anyone missing a pistol damage buff? I think pistol is the lowest damage of all ranged weapons.

(edited by Johnsen.6253)

in Thief

Posted by: ViralVarda.2739

ViralVarda.2739

Thieves are still missing the support component that PS Wars and Heralds bring.

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Thieves are now top-tier DPS in raids. Once you have the boons and stuff you need, bring it alongside the Tempests etc and you’ll be fine.

Either Dagger or Staff will work just by spamming autos if you’re lazy (easy 19k DPS), but you can go higher by using actual skills (Backstab or Vault).

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Either Dagger or Staff will work just by spamming autos if you’re lazy (easy 19k DPS), but you can go higher by using actual skills (Backstab or Vault).

Both pale in DPS compared to Pistol Whip.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in Thief

Posted by: Dinosaurs.8674

Dinosaurs.8674

Thieves are now top-tier DPS in raids. Once you have the boons and stuff you need, bring it alongside the Tempests etc and you’ll be fine.

The problem is that thief and tempest are competing for the same role: DPS with little to no group utility. But tempest does more dps, makes useful fields by using their skills, has a really good group heal and auras, and has more range. Thief’s only advantages are mobility and medium armor (and free reflect+whirl if you run staff woooo), but in the current raid wing these count for pretty much nothing. Thief is definitely viable in raids now, and having full cleared with it both pre- and post-patch I can definitely say that running 1-2 thieves can be a legit group comp. But whether people will actually want thieves in their raid group is a different question from whether they can be successful in a raid group, and I would be seriously surprised if a group would specifically want a thief instead of a tempest

in Thief

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Both pale in DPS compared to Pistol Whip.

lol?

And I haven’t seen any serious, vetted dps calculations since the patch, but the logic of what Dinosaurs says holds up if that is the case. Unless some other terribly broken DPS build gets discovered, it looks like we’re one of the classes that fill the raid spot of “well, we got all the important stuff covered and now just need a few more bodies to fill up to 10 players”.

in Thief

Posted by: Link.1049

Link.1049

How are you getting 19k on a staff auto attack?

in Thief

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

Backstab doesn’t actually increase dps anymore. The after cast delay is enormous. You may as well just auto.
Vault is good though, though I wonder if dust strike is better.

and pistol whip is of course terrible at dps

in Thief

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

Sorry, but apparently you have no idea how to boost your DPS while raiding. :>

Staff is the way to go, but NOT with just autos, the proper rotation using AA+WC+Bound+Vault is needed.

Before the last patch I was easily reaching around 28-29k DPS on the VG (with the proper group/buffs ofc). There’s nothing like staff in pve raids to boost DPS.

in Thief

Dahkeus.8243

Backstab doesn’t actually increase dps anymore. The after cast delay is enormous. You may as well just auto.

Is this also taking into account CnD + the power from revealed training?

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Vault is good though, though I wonder if dust strike is better.

and pistol whip is of course terrible at dps

Yeah, Backstab has a pretty long and pointless aftercast of just standing still doing nothing. They probably shoulda shaved that too. Although it might mess with the 3 hit > backstab fluidity again.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

in Thief

Dahkeus.8243

Just pulled out the dps meter and did some testing. Backstab is still certainly a dps boost.

With zerk amulet and basic meta build, I did about 6.4-6.5k with AA alone. With backstabs, it was around 6.8k.

(edited by Dahkeus.8243)

in Thief

Posted by: Ghorman.1368

Ghorman.1368

Is there an add-on like a DPS meter? how are you guys measuring it?

in Thief

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

http://www.gw2dmg-meter.de/

in Thief

Dahkeus.8243

http://www.gw2dmg-meter.de/

Yup, that’s what I used.