So em... sword pistol is still viable?

in Thief

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

Im talking here about the good old sword pistol acrobatic dodge stealthless build is that still any used in spvp to begin with?

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

in Thief

Posted by: MystikaLsmuRF.7150

MystikaLsmuRF.7150

Real men use a 4/4/0/0/6 pistol whip build bruh
f dis acrobatic kitten kitten

in Thief

Posted by: Delta Blues.8507

Delta Blues.8507

This is what i run in WvW from time to time:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fZEQNAsaVl0MprplOx7J8PNBNB5dY+SZ0KAdfko0XA-TRTBwAFVi94BAE5UAcVpRXlB3U/Bl+mMKBJu/wkDUwijAACTcAOgCECQ3WA-e
which is pretty much a standard 2/0/0/6/6 S/D evade build
(switching 1st utility and elite situationally)

It works well for small roaming (i usually duo) but not so much in solo.
I really like it because of the great utility that it brings in the fight between daze/stun/interrupt/immobilize, very situational bp field (costs too much to use it over a PW which will make you evade the damage anyway)

I did try switching for valk armor w/ traveler’s runes going 2/6/0/0/6 which will kind of give you the same stats but around 20% more crit dmg BUT for group play i like few more evades better.

It doesn’t work as good in solo because it gets very initiative expensive and it is very hard to pin down a good enemy to get some damage in while you will be very squishy and quite predictable. Maybe for solo i’d go with critical strikes because i find that the longer the fight goes the lower will be your chances to come out on top

Haven’t tried it in sPvP

On a related note why would you go 4/4/0/0/6? Is there something i’m missing? Wouldn’t it be better with 6/2 or 2/6?

in Thief

Posted by: MystikaLsmuRF.7150

MystikaLsmuRF.7150

naw bruh, it’s all about being efficient and landing dem pistol whips and having a bunch of low cdz for errithin

in Thief

Posted by: mike.3592

mike.3592

I play pvp casually so idk if I’m the best to answer this but I love s/p and use this build http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fZAQRAsa6al0Mp2pNOxyJ8PNxLhsXHvXn+tuLCA-TpRBwAROIADeAAF3fgcZgHHBAAnAAA I just think it’s realy fun!

in Thief

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

This is a build I’ve been using for a long long time. Its still viable (if you don’t count the kitten nal of teleporting and steal bugs)

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay