…after the introduction of Ferocity?

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

So, how much did your damage change...

in Thief

Posted by: Splatter Paw.7238

Splatter Paw.7238

kinda hard to tell this soon for me but im not too happy looking at my #’s roaming, see how it plays out though. couldnt even score a 7k+ hit on a ele….

in Thief

Posted by: Sergiu.3698

Sergiu.3698

1 see 1.5k up to 2.5k in reduction:(, i have some celestial gear but

twitch:enses_09

in Thief

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

So far, on a Valkyrie build, little to no change. Seems like Celestial and Ruby Orb builds got the big nerf. Lost maybe 1% of Crit Damage from Bowl of Curry Butternut Squash Soup.

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

in Thief

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

So far, in sPvP my damage has skyrocketed by pairing a Sigil of Air with a Sigil of Fire. I am able to almost 1shot other zerker classes with a lucky Backstab+Mug+Fire&Air proc (in PvP).

In WvW, my Critical Damage has gone down from 251% to 214%. Granted, I added a Sigil of Fire on my offhand (but removed a Sigil of Force), but I fear my numbers will not be as nice as before :/

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in Thief

Posted by: attrail.8613

attrail.8613

This is terrible. But I havent noticed very high numbers on me either…

in Thief

Posted by: Selver.1307

Selver.1307

I feel very disheartened after knowing I had 240-250% crit damage to now see it at 197-201% depending on what I am switching out. The sigils I doubt will make up for it. The less burst we receive will not make up for it (IMO). I could break a hard backstab and turn it around sometime even against the glassiest of thieves(as an almost as glassy as I could be), other times no – but hell, I wasn’t fast enough or good enough in those times.

I almost don’t even want to load into WvWvW on my power set. I keep pulling my dire/plex set out of the bank and putting it back in… I hate cheesing it out so bad (we’re cheese no matter what anyway, I suppose).

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I went to Southsun cove just before and after the patch to record my Backstabs.

I run Runes of Strength just fyi.

My average Backstab against a level 80 Karka went from 5100 down to about 4600. So roughly a 10% drop in actual Backstab damage. This was with the buffed Runes of Strength but no new Sigils added (not that they’d affect the results).

in Thief

Posted by: Alex Legend.4850

Alex Legend.4850

I used to do 6k backstabs. After patch i only do 3.5k-4k… (in sPvP)
(edited: 1k was for non crit.)

(edited by Alex Legend.4850)

in Thief

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

My damage increased in spvp because I dropped lyssa for ogre runes but in wvw my damage is horrible. 5k backstab only on a pure glass ele.

in Thief

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

Mine…increased. It went from 96% bonus to a 104% increase… I like it.

in Thief

Posted by: Interceptor.2653

Interceptor.2653

Loving the new change for WvW. I got backstabbed a few times by random Thieves tonight, and now it’s easier to just turn around and smoke them.

in Thief

Posted by: God Of Mustard.6354

God Of Mustard.6354

Crit damage down from 255 (150 + 105) to 224 (150 + 74). Down 31%. Meh, still a better source of DPS than 90% – 95% of the GW2 population.

in Thief

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Well this is very disheartening to hear?

How do you guys know? I thought the update isn’t for a couple hours still? Not even the 15th yet

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Kaboomski.1508

Sir Kaboomski.1508

Really sucks for thieves running hidden killer. Guaranteed crit on the wolves in WvW went from 6.5k to about 5.1k. Crits on players were just all over the place (on the low end that is).

Honestly in WvW tonight I saw more condi-bunkers than ever.

Ratio needs to be changed. 15:1 is realistically too big of a hit in this largely growing condi/bunker meta that’s been being rammed down our throats..

in Thief

Carpboy.7145

I think 10:1 or 12:1 would be fine. The stupid thing is this was for PVE, and yet nothing has changed there

Lyss The Shadow

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Kaboomski.1508

Sir Kaboomski.1508

I think 10:1 or 12:1 would be fine. The stupid thing is this was for PVE, and yet nothing has changed there

Yup… should have stayed out of WvW to be honest.

Tweaking the ratio shouldn’t be that hard though. Hopefully they see and change it to something like 11:1. I think that would be perfect.

in Thief

Carpboy.7145

I have hope they will change it. Until then, farewell s/d thief, hello condi bunker sword ranger (similar play style with evades)

Lyss The Shadow

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

If they changed it, I would think they would go with that 12:1 option as it would still be a nerf, but not nearly as big.

I played my mesmer and not my thief today, but with the decreased boon duration and overall changes to some sigils and runes, I’m going to reserve judgement on how big of a nerf this was since it seems to be on both offense and defense (boon duration builds for guards and eles). It appears balanced power builds got hit pretty hard, so at least while we’re dealing less damage, were taking less damage. Condis may have to be dealt with at a later time. I’m not happy with these changes, but I will wait before jumping down ANet’s throat on this one.

Tl;Dr : Waaaaaaay too many changes to see how this is going to shake out yet.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

Posted by: frogdance.6107

frogdance.6107

…after the introduction of Ferocity?

I’m am finding it hard to get to a happy medium with survivability and the new ferocity. stat. I was a mostly zerker build thief with superior divinity runes, and my crit damage is all down. Taking a camp is much harder and I will die often now. Really not happy about it.

in Thief

Posted by: frogdance.6107

frogdance.6107

at this point it feels like i need to redo all my runes and armor, which i can’t do without buying gems….good job Anet, you kitteners. good play. my time is over with the kittening game.

(edited by frogdance.6107)

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

at this point it feels like i need to redo all my runes and armor, which i can’t do without buying gems….good job Anet, you kitteners. good play. my time is over with the kittening game.

You still can make gold by other means then buying gems. The thing is, if people decide to change builds they can’t craft ascended so easily cos laurels are needed for the recipes.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

In 10/30/30/0/0 pre-patch Risen Plaguebearer:
4.1k Cloak and Dagger
7.4k Backstab

Post-patch:
3.7k Cloak and Dagger
6.6k backstab

I removed some toughness, increased hp and crit dmg a bit though.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

in Thief

Posted by: scabrous.7835

scabrous.7835

My experience so far:
several noob kills as vs those people nothing will ever change
I had to run away from 2 mediocre necros (dire/rabid probably) cause I was not able to do any dmg to them
one tanky hambow that just /dance -d there while I was poking him
dd thief and shatter mes that couldnt do anything to me and similarly I couldnt do anything to them.
Long story short, WvW is on the hook for me now unless I decide to play cond p/d. There’s absolutely no way to outdmg tankier players that play at decent level – not enough pressure from power specs.

TLDR; nubs will still cry but I wasnt able to kill anything tankier nor was killed by power specs.

Three Jackdaws – SD4Life – Desolation EU
http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win-part-1.html

in Thief

Posted by: Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

4.1k Cloak and Dagger
7.4k Backstab

Post-patch:
3.7k Cloak and Dagger
6.6k backstab

my thief weeps while reading this.

Thief DD : DP : PD : SB
Elementalist S : DD
Blackgate

in Thief

Posted by: Grebcol.5984

Grebcol.5984

Thief is now a trash class.U cant kill a bunker who hold a point fast enough in Spvp and in wvwvw roaming you got kittened against condi Bunkers.You all will love the PU mesmers and Perpelixity Ingis and Hambows….

(edited by Grebcol.5984)

in Thief

Posted by: dominoeffect.4216

dominoeffect.4216

Crit damage in spvp was not touched.

in Thief

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

Double up on sigil air & fire for your main and off hands. With a bit of luck (i.e… both proccing at the same time), you’ll be doing damage above what you did pre-patch on back stab. Even if only one sigil procs, your damage should be consistent with pre-patch.

in Thief

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Aww you thieves can’t gank people and 2 shot eles as easily anymore in WvW. Boo hoo hoo.

(I actually made a thief recently and the only class that I hate fighting is still thieves. Comon’ brothers, lets not beat up on each other that way.)

Attachments:

in Thief

Posted by: Amonatory.2453

Amonatory.2453

Aww you thieves can’t gank people and 2 shot eles as easily anymore in WvW. Boo hoo hoo.

(I actually made a thief recently and the only class that I hate fighting is still thieves. Comon’ brothers, lets not beat up on each other that way.)

kitten much? Anyways, I’m actually scared to play my thief tbh, this nerf I can just tell is going to ruin everything. I will test some things before I quit my thief though.

in Thief

Posted by: Bazzoong.7145

Bazzoong.7145

Lost exactly 25% bonus crit damage. Tested a lot and died a lot last night (4 or 5 times haha, I raged a lot…).

The changes seem to benefit warriors and dps guardian a lot.

My findings in short, ditch power get precision. Get the new +7% crit chance sigil on your melee set and sigil of perception on your 2nd bow slot.

Get precision.

Necro damage is sick now, be careful!

(edited by Bazzoong.7145)

in Thief

Posted by: Splatter Paw.7238

Splatter Paw.7238

yup after a day of playing this new patch i give up on zerk gear, i melt WAY to fast for the amount of damage im dealing now its kittened. I cant realistically say i actually "spike"anything now i just hit you kinda hard and struggle over the next 30-45 sec as i slowly melt……yay, off to play p/d i guess seeming as condi damage is what anet wants us all to play.

in Thief

Posted by: attrail.8613

attrail.8613

After a good long wvw session I can honestly say it isnt so bad. There are some classes with particular builds (condi engis pu mesmers) that are a real kitten to fight but honestly all classes need some counter and as a thief we get the luxury of picking our fights.

I did notice I couldnt do jack to a pure tank gaurdian though. That was kind of sad.

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Used to get upwards of +106% crit damage, now with the new system my critical damage shows 226% (or 76% crit damage). This is without food buffs, so statistically my power build took a turn for the worst but I havn’t tested it yet. Pvp I havn’t seen a huge damage difference so good there.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Thief

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

I finally found the magic unicorn where you can do 10k backstab on in pvp! :O Tried to reproduce this again, but I think I rly just got lucky with all the situations here :P Squishy squishy ele, why do you run?

Attachments:

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

I sense the next wave of QQ’s (along side the constant stealth and high backstab damage (probably QQ’s from up levels wearing blue gear at this point)) will be about how thieves can “perma” stack bleed, and spam conditions (while creating distance…)… P/D will be the weapon set in the up coming QQ’s…. And being so “tanky” too (dire gear for P/D condi spec)…. (not the perplexity build)

:/ Wonder how long till that wave comes in….

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: Kulgin.9512

Kulgin.9512

Screw ferocity. 10% reduction is total lies. I’m seeing easily a 30% damage reduction. D/D backstab thieves are useless now.

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

4.1k Cloak and Dagger
7.4k Backstab

Post-patch:
3.7k Cloak and Dagger
6.6k backstab

Would it be too much to ask if you linked this balanced build?

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Thief

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

My experience thus far has been that approximately 30% of my damage has disappeared. This is true for my warrior and guardian also.

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

in Thief

Posted by: Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

My experience thus far has been that approximately 30% of my damage has disappeared. This is true for my warrior and guardian also.

kitten i cant even kill a yellow named MOA in WVW without having to heartseeker twice after BS.

Thief DD : DP : PD : SB
Elementalist S : DD
Blackgate

in Thief

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

My dmg is slightly increased

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

in Thief

Posted by: ryan.6217

ryan.6217

hey guys, P/D here. killing zerks in wvw even quicker now. No chance at real fight. Post patch depression

in Thief

Posted by: Sceinna.3561

Sceinna.3561

kitten much? Anyways, I’m actually scared to play my thief tbh, this nerf I can just tell is going to ruin everything. I will test some things before I quit my thief though.

+1

I already felt like my D/D didn’t have the punch it needed (prior patch), now it’s completely destroyed lol. 5.5k backstabs (with foods & 10+ might stacks) is kinda sad.

Currently playing P/D again, which is a shame.. I’m a monster with P/D but I’ve played it for so long I’m literally bored of playing it.

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

+1

I already felt like my D/D didn’t have the punch it needed (prior patch), now it’s completely destroyed lol. 5.5k backstabs (with foods & 10+ might stacks) is kinda sad.

Currently playing P/D again, which is a shame.. I’m a monster with P/D but I’ve played it for so long I’m literally bored of playing it.

Tell me about it, I did that much on average post patch without food or might or bloodlust, Im too scared to try it now. We will see a sharp rise in PD and SD, even SP now

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Thief

Posted by: Sceinna.3561

Sceinna.3561

+1

Tell me about it, I did that much on average post patch without food or might or bloodlust, Im too scared to try it now. We will see a sharp rise in PD and SD, even SP now

To be fair, I played raid with D/D yesterday and it was still reasonable. Sigil of Air & Fire proc far more than they did before and they sorta make up for the damage loss. So I run Air & Fire on both daggers, kinda helps with damage.

I run a build that stacks up might, up to 10-15 stacks solo.. add some might I gain from other players and my 8k backstabs are back. Still very viable in groups, solo it’s a kitten though.

in Thief

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

what was like a easy 5000+ smack of the sword is now more like a 3500 or something
but the air sigil \m/ ‘_’ \m/

in Thief

Posted by: lalamonsta.4237

lalamonsta.4237

My damage dropped a ton, it doesn’t have to do with ferocity though. It was because of the Runes of Lyssa nerf. Time to find a new build

I was running D/P btw

(edited by lalamonsta.4237)

in Thief

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

u did not lose damage from the lyssa nerf !
what 5 seconds of furry lol.
no we lost condition clear.. and 5 seconds of unconditional protection

y r u not useing more offensive runes for a back stab build ?
u must not be in shadow arts at all ?
but lyssa is great for sword builds. or anything lacking in condition clear really

i am still using lyssa
the 5 seconds of boons did very little i almost don’t even notice a difference with lyssa because i all ways saved it for the much needed condition clear any way

just bummed the condition clear is limited to 5 conditions now

(edited by caveman.5840)

in Thief

Posted by: ArmageddoN.7109

ArmageddoN.7109

That is not nerf at all cor tbief, Anet actualy realy balanced the game… imagened a thief hitting 7k damage to heavy armor classes, what the point beign a heavy? Now i can fight with those thief’s in WvsW now time is who actualy player or lamer….

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

That is not nerf at all cor tbief, Anet actualy realy balanced the game… imagened a thief hitting 7k damage to heavy armor classes, what the point beign a heavy? Now i can fight with those thief’s in WvsW now time is who actualy player or lamer….

See ya back in a week or so, when you come back to QQ about conditions. Peace till then!

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!