So, what about the jungle?

in Thief

Posted by: LTREEVEY.2348

LTREEVEY.2348

So if I remember correctly, the elite specs are supposed go along with the theme of maguma jungle. Our professions enter the jungle and as we combat the inhabitants and elements, we learn to techniques to survive. So staff is fine. In fact the skills are cool looking, but I feel like most of these specs are missing the whole, learned in jungle theme. What shaolin temple did we should stumble upon? Did I misconstrued something about learning our specs in the jungle?

Less Shoalin Monk more Robin Hood’s Merry Men…if anyone gets that reference.

PS wtf does the staff go when I started kickcking, punching and kitten

#RastaSyl-Vari
#ShrubLife
#DoItForTheVine

in Thief

Posted by: YOUNGaz.5690

YOUNGaz.5690

yeah not a whole lot of jungle theme going on these specs but my best guess, if they didn’t abandon the idea, is that it will be more involved in the personal story or masteries or something like. and the staff goes to where all weapons go such as weaponswap and such, the animation abyss!

in Thief

Posted by: Treetoptrickster.4205

Treetoptrickster.4205

I..in…in your butt.

in Thief

Posted by: Amante.8109

Amante.8109

Obviously, Thieves went with staff to best deal with all the quicksand in the jungle

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I..in…in your butt.

We store the staff in an alternate dimension, which could be created anywhere including yer bautt, and use your magic to teleport it into your handz.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Thief

Posted by: LTREEVEY.2348

LTREEVEY.2348

Obviously, Thieves went with staff to best deal with all the quicksand in the jungle

lol…perhaps, but my problem isn’t really the staff. Love the staff(I think?) What I’m trying to figure out its where do I learn the “one inch punch”?

To what someone said earlier, I do think these elite specs will get some clarification on the PS or open world. The only one feel really says “I learned this kitten in the jungle”, is Guardian picking up a bow and trying to shoot it. And that’s a stretch. I guess bezerker, chrono,reaper, and tempest just seem more like results of extra training. DD tho? tyria just learned how to punch and we’ve already mastered kiss of the dragon. Lol idk. Just scratching my head(as I loom for a staff for my thief) #keeyamotherkitten

#RastaSyl-Vari
#ShrubLife
#DoItForTheVine

in Thief

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

lol…perhaps, but my problem isn’t really the staff. Love the staff(I think?) What I’m trying to figure out its where do I learn the “one inch punch”?

To what someone said earlier, I do think these elite specs will get some clarification on the PS or open world. The only one feel really says “I learned this kitten in the jungle”, is Guardian picking up a bow and trying to shoot it. And that’s a stretch. I guess bezerker, chrono,reaper, and tempest just seem more like results of extra training. DD tho? tyria just learned how to punch and we’ve already mastered kiss of the dragon. Lol idk. Just scratching my head(as I loom for a staff for my thief) #keeyamotherkitten

I like to think of it as being because of all the enemies.

in central tyria, we’re used to large open spaces where we can sneak around, deceiving and hiding from enemies until we’re ready to strike.

in the Maguuma jungle, however, there are enemies everywhere, using senses we haven’t encountered to detect us. at such short range, where even our weapons might fail, the thief has learned to train their body to be their last line of offense and defence.
not enough room to swing a sword? enough room to throw a punch.
facing off against something that can sense your heat signature, or follow your tracks through the undergrowth? they can find you, but they can’t hit you.

as for the staff, I think it’s a case of we’ve felt totally overwhelmed since we got in here – like we’ve got no control over anything. well, now we’re taking control.

(something like that perhaps? (also, I always saw DD as a wild, roguish style, not a disciplined monkish style))

in Thief

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

I..in…in your butt.

We store the staff in an alternate dimension, which could be created anywhere including yer bautt, and use your magic to teleport it into your handz.

They should create a visual effect where when you are putting your staff away, there is a shadowsteppy effect on the staff, so that when you bring it back again, it shadowsteps back into your hands, sort of like you’re “conjuring” it back. Idk just a little idea.